• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

Deng is not a great signing, but if the team is going to try to play and win they might as well give the money to Deng as long as the contract is not longer than three years. Who the hell else is going to take the money? Ferry might have to throw 12 million at him. Most anyone can be traded in their final year. There is always a team looking to clear cap space. So, being a little overpaid for a short while is not all that big of a deal in this case. The team needs a starting SF.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Why won't Ferry offer Monroe a contract and see what wing we can get for Millsap?

Short answer - Monroe doesn't fill a need for the hawks. We need a SF people- this is not playstation or fantasy basketball. If all else fails we can move milsap at the trade deadline...for a player we NEED!

Short answer - Monroe doesn't fill a need for the hawks. We need a SF people- this is not playstation or fantasy basketball. If all else fails we can move milsap at the trade deadline...for a player we NEED!

Who says C isn't a need? What happens if we sign Deng and Horford gets hurt again? There goes any chance we had.

Honestly, I expect Deng to sign with the Heat.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Who says C isn't a need? What happens if we sign Deng and Horford gets hurt again? There goes any chance we had.

Honestly, I expect Deng to sign with the Heat.

We can say center isn't a need all we want, but that didn't stop the Hawks from offering Pau Gasol a big deal to come play center.
  • Like 3

We can say center isn't a need all we want, but that didn't stop the Hawks from offering Pau Gasol a big deal to come play center.

Millsap is expiring and will want a payday. Trade him while we can for a wing, offer Monroe money to play center, move Horford to PF finally.

We get younger that way.

• Like 1

wow... 

And people thought taking Indy to 7 games was going to improve this teams rep. It hasn't happened at all. Even Bazemore preferred LA but the Hawks offered to sign him the quickest. This franchise is in rough shape.

I don't know what Ferry promised Paul Millsap, but nobody else is really giving Ferry the time of day.

• Like 2

Michigan State always missing the big picture....lol

With Deng on our squad with Buds system and in light of all that has happened in the East - would give us every chance to make it to the ECF

PG- Teague / Schröder

SG- Korver / Sefalosha

SF- Deng / Bazemore

PF- Milsap / Payne

C= Horford / Antić / Muscala

Look at the depth the Hawks have..,,,SPURS EAST HAS ARRIVED

That is all fringe players. Al and Paul are good players don't get me wrong, but no team is winning anything with either one as their top guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1