• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monroe Playing Chess with Pistons

PSSSHHHRRR87

You can't put up Payne vs. Summer League talent like Birch and think that he's better than Monroe at 5 in the NBA.

I say give Payne time as BU but try to get Monroe as our starter.

I didn't say he was better. Specifically said he wouldn't be this year. But Monroe would cut into Payne's time on the floor.

I didn't say he was better. Specifically said he wouldn't be this year. But Monroe would cut into Payne's time on the floor.

I don't see how. Payne isn't a center. From the way Bud wants to use PT for his rooks, I am not sure Payne will play more than 13 MPG. Muscala PT, I can see that but like Antić PT last year... Injuries happen and opportunities for PT come. 

Dolfan, you think we are keeping Mike Scott? 

If there was no salary cap that would be a fine attitude to have. But since there is a salary cap, it's incredibly shortsighted.

I'd like to say you can tell who is in massive amounts of debt on this board just by looking at their impulse to free agency. Or who bought a virtual boy and sega dreamcast and all those other fancy game systems that bombed.

I don't see how. Payne isn't a center. From the way Bud wants to use PT for his rooks, I am not sure Payne will play more than 13 MPG. Muscala PT, I can see that but like Antić PT last year... Injuries happen and opportunities for PT come.

Dolfan, you think we are keeping Mike Scott?

Payne is going to play a lot of C for us.

Yes I think we keep Scott.

I'd like to say you can tell who is in massive amounts of debt on this board just by looking at their impulse to free agency. Or who bought a virtual boy and sega dreamcast and all those other fancy game systems that bombed.

What the hell is a virtual boy?? Sounds like something @Spud2Nique would know about living in San Fran!

• Like 1

What the hell is a virtual boy?? Sounds like something @Spud2Nique would know about living in San Fran!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF ...that's hilarious. I've never heard of a virtual boy...that's some creepy ish. All I ever had was sega master system, ps2,3 and now 4.

Lmmfao @ virtual boy....wow...just wow..

I'm kind of afraid to ask how HawksFanatic even knows about this system. I just googled it...had a YouTube video about an angry nerd and a virtual boy. It was over 15 min. long ...I couldn't watch it but geez...lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF ...that's hilarious. I've never heard of a virtual boy...that's some creepy ish. All I ever had was sega master system, ps2,3 and now 4.

Lmmfao @ virtual boy....wow...just wow..

lol, Virtual Boy, that was like the mid 90's. That came out either before or after the Sega CD. I used to want one of those as a kid. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The best 6th man ever? Gimme Detlef or Ricky Pierce all day everyday.

Detlef is on Sothron's list of All Time favorite players. That guy did everything the right way. I don't know if he's coaching somewhere but he should be.

I'm kind of afraid to ask how HawksFanatic even knows about this system. I just googled it...had a YouTube video about an angry nerd and a virtual boy. It was over 15 min. long ...I couldn't watch it but geez...lol

Well, on the plus side, at least now you know what @hawksfanatic looks like.

Kidding, fanatic.  Just kidding.

Detlef is on Sothron's list of All Time favorite players. That guy did everything the right way. I don't know if he's coaching somewhere but he should be.

Ya I didn't see him play much in Dallas. Hated him in Indy because he was a Pacer and I'm a Hawks fan lol..then liked him again on the Sonics with GP and Kemp. Really wanted than Sonics team to beat the Bulls...aaaaarrrggghhh..guess it's hard to beat a 72 win team lol

Really? Y'all didn't know about Virtual Boy? Man, growing up if a kid had Virtual Boy that was a dead give-away that his family had money. So you knew their mom also stocked the fridge with Capri Sun and string cheese, plus all the fruit roll-ups and gushers you could want.

I think the big hit for Virtual Boy was Mario Tennis. It felt like you were playing in 3-D! But then again, you were playing like a total weirdo:

11913.jpg

(note: not really me)

Someone has got to back me up here! It's not *that* old, is it?

Edited by hawksfanatic

Really? Y'all didn't know about Virtual Boy? Man, growing up if a kid had Virtual Boy that was a dead give-away that his family had money. So you knew their mom also stocked the fridge with Capri Sun and string cheese, plus all the fruit roll-ups and gushers you could want.

I think the big hit for Virtual Boy was Mario Tennis. It felt like you were playing in 3-D! But then again, you were playing like a total weirdo:

11913.jpg

Sounds like a toy that Richie Rich owned lol.

I remember virtual reality but not Virtual Boy.  That's as far as I can go to back you up.

Speaking of game systems that directly revealed how rich a household was, anyone remember Neo Geo?

• Premium Member

And?

Payne is not guaranteed to be a star with playing time.  (Hello Marvin thinking)... Still, get Monroe and if Payne does show that he's a budding star, then we have trade options.

However, to dismiss Monroe because we have a midround first round pick who plays a similar position is not good thinking.

And?

Payne is not guaranteed to be a star with playing time.  (Hello Marvin thinking)... Still, get Monroe and if Payne does show that he's a budding star, then we have trade options.

However, to dismiss Monroe because we have a midround first round pick who plays a similar position is not good thinking.

Thing is, they don't play similar position. One is purely a PF with a weak core base and the other is Center based tweener. 

I liked your post, @hawksfanatic, but shut your damn mouth about the Sega Dreamcast! That thing was, is, and always will be amazing!

• Moderators

I remember virtual boy coming out but never played it or knew anyone who had it.

Sega Dreamcast was a great system that got crushed by bad marketing and support.  It had some really fantastic games and the hardware was excellent.  If it had Sony's backing, it would have gone gangbusters.

Now for something basketball related....

If Monroe is just going to take the qualifying offer, is there a downside to offering him the rest of our cap room on a 1 year deal?  Then the Pistons are faced with paying him $10-11 M (instead of the $5.5M amount) and he will be an unrestricted FA after next season.  Whether he gets matched or not, he should think kindly of the Hawks for giving him a path to being an UFA and getting paid twice what he would with the QO.