• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Phew! Pero Stays

capstone21

But Muscala, Patterson, Tavares or possibly even Dennis could go to the Dleague right? I could see Jenkins getting traded for a 2nd round pick or something.

I could see Dennis in d league but Musical a should be in the rotation next year with Payne, and Antić

I might be in the minority but I like Antić. He slumped in the playoffs but he has been solid throughout the playoffs. Let's not forget about his injury.

Edited by JonKoncack
  • Like 1

But Muscala, Patterson, Tavares or possibly even Dennis could go to the Dleague right?   I could see Jenkins getting traded for a 2nd round pick or something.

I'm not sure on the rules for sending Dennis or Moose down but certainly Patterson could. I don't expect Tavares to be on the Hawks roster at all this year.  Assuming I'm not forgetting anyone, this is our 15 man roster as it would stand right now if we keep everyone but Tavares. I just don't see us going 4 deep at SG. 

Teague / Mack / Schröder

Korver / Bazemore / Patterson / Jenkins

DMC / Thabo

Millsap / Scott / Payne

Horford / Antić / Muscala

• Premium Member

He was pretty good for us up until the playoffs.

Hopefully he has a few more game winning/tying one legged fade away threes in him this year.

• Like 2

I think Peachtree Hoops has it right: C- Al Horford, Pero Antić*

PF- Paul Millsap, Adreian Payne**,Mike Muscala*, Mike Scott***

SF- DeMarre Carroll, Thabo SefoloshaLamar Patterson*

SG- Kyle Korver, Kent Bazemore,John Jenkins

PG- Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder,Shelvin Mack***

Patterson is too short to play SF and my guess would be either Payne or Muscala will get the bulk of their minutes at C. 

He was pretty good for us up until the playoffs.

Hopefully he has a few more game winning/tying one legged fade away threes in him this year.

I am happy to see the best pump fake in the business suiting back up for us again.  Not to mention the best truck driving arm wrestler in the land! 

I could see Dennis in d league but Musical a should be in the rotation next year with Payne, and Antić

I might be in the minority but I like Antić. He slumped in the playoffs but he has been solid throughout the playoffs. Let's not forget about his injury.

Oops meant season not playoffs

Pero was forced into a back situation when Horford went down.  Asking him to start in the playoffs was a lot to ask out of the guy, so I'm glad he is back.  Go Hawks!

He still should have hit atleast 30% of his shots in the playoffs... Man we could've beat the Pacers if this guy was useful... 

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is a shrug my shoulders move.  Not surprising in the least.  Not exciting.  Not terrible. 

Regular season Pero is a fine rotation player.  Post-Season Pero should be cut but he was unsustainably bad in the playoffs so I tend to weigh the regular season more than the smaller playoff sample size.

I was worried there for a second ;)

Seriously? Am i missing something. He made Josh Smith look good. Amtic gave the Pacers sreries away all by himself. One clunker after amother after another. The bonehead never figured out spwhy he was open, necause HE SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

I expect Pero to be a little better this year with a year under his belt with Bud's System and NBA ball. No way you let a guy go making chump change (relatively speaking of course, I'll take it) with a body like that who can get hot from 3. There aren't too many teams that have a backup C that could lead them in scoring, Pero could once every other week. We haven't seen him playing next to Al, they could be very formidable.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Seriously? Am i missing something. He made Josh Smith look good. Amtic gave the Pacers sreries away all by himself. One clunker after amother after another. The bonehead never figured out spwhy he was open, necause HE SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

No doubt he shot horribly in that series but he was good all year.   The difference between what he did and Josh Smith is that the Hawks were running plays that were intended for him to shoot the ball.  Why?   Because it pulled HIbbert away from the basket.   If he starts not shooting then Hibbert quits even coming out.   Of course, you can make the case that not hitting also resulted in that.

But before the series started were the Pacers what were the Pacers worried about?  This guy who supposedly sucks.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2014/04/17/pacers-preparing-challenging-roy-hibbert-pero-Antić-matchup/7844461/

The Atlanta Hawks' 31-year-old rookie center from Macedonia averaged 17 points, shot 72 percent from the field — including 60 percent from 3-point range — in two games against Indiana this year. The Hawks won both games.

He's been something of a nightmare for Pacers 7-2 center Roy Hibbert, who has been forced to guard Antić on the perimeter instead of Hibbert's preferred spot near the basket.

Against the rest of the league, Antić averaged 6.6 points and shot 40.3 percent. He didn't play in Atlanta's two losses against the Pacers due to a stress fracture in his foot.

http://blogs.1070thefan.com/2014/04/16/pacers-hibbert-must-counter-hawks-pero-pressure/

The Hawks were 2-0 against the Pacers during the regular season with Antić in the lineup. He averaged 17.0 points and 5.0 rebounds, hit 13 of 18 shots (.722) overall and 6 of 10 (.600) from the 3-point line. Two of his three highest scoring totals of his season (18 and 16) came against the Pacers. This from the lowest-paid Atlanta starter at $1.2 million, only slightly above what the Pacers are paying Andrew Bynum.

And Hibbert?

In two games against Antić, he totaled 31 minutes, two points, four rebounds and 1-for-13 shooting. With Hibbert on the floor, the Pacers were outscored by 40 points. He was famously benched at halftime of the last meeting between the teams, as the Hawks built a 32-point first-half lead.

• Like 1