• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From now on post whatever you want, wherever you want

Admin

Most of us do appreciate all you do dolfan , and we try to keep things in order so you do not have to cleanup behind us - well I sure do. I would suggest temp bans to anyone who does not follow forum rules. Might clean things up a bit and make things easier on yourself.

• Like 1

On a more serious note, Dolfan donates a ton of time to this site and people need to show him the courtesy of not just running roughshod over the parameters that he gives.  You just add work to his already loaded plate and basically give him the finger by repeatedly posting threads in the wrong place, etc.  Not that everyone does this all the time, but it has been running rampant lately.  Give him some help by putting a few second thought in before jumping into a hypothetical trade or the 5th thread on the same topic on the homecourt board.

I have never liked reading hypothetical fantasy trades much less posting them....They give me a good chuckle sometimes; but most times I just scan over them.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Dolfan: "I'm taking my talents to RealGM"

Just kidding,

But seriously, I am sure it is aggravating to have to switch those topics all the time due to our oversight (I have been guilty) or intentional disregard. Or to moderate a post by some immature members like was witnessed this week.

Just know that we all appreciate your hard work that you put in for this site and for your favorite sports franchise.

You definitely add some clarity of thought to what is posted here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is the Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual purge. At the siren, all moderator services will be suspended for 12 hours. Your government thanks you for your participation. Let the purge begin.

SquawkPurge!

For the next 12 hours, all posting is LEGAL! Govern yourselves accordingly! preved.gif

~lw3

• Like 3

@Dolfan23

While I was browsing the Internet, lurking at the Squawk as I'm so prone to do, I came across this thread - the title of which struck me as odd.  At first, I thought it might be a joke.  But then I decided to open it up and see what all the fuss was about and lo and behold, here is Dolfan having some sort of MELTDOWN and I figured that I just had to stop in and post.  Show my support for our chief.  The guy that keeps this ship running.  

What I don't understand is what could have possibly set you off though.  I mean, I looked through Homecourt and I only saw a few places where people were being negative.  I didn't really see any threads out of place.  I didn't see anything unusual or otherwise controversial that would make you blow up and give up like that.

There was that one thread though, where someone was challenging Hotlanta to a steel cage match or something.  GAWD ALL MIGHTY...I was so f'n sad when I saw that thread locked.  I wish to the high heavens that I could have gotten in there to post on that thread before you locked it! lol  Oh man...my brain was ablaze with all sorts of ways I could hijack that thread and stoke the flames of war!!!!!  

Anyway, that was awesome.  I thought about making a "call out" thread and then call you out like whoever that was called Hotlanta out.  And then invite everybody else to do the same.  Then I realized, the thread, while certainly meant to be a joke, would get out of hand quick.  I guess that's sort of a good thing now that I see you've pulled all your hair out, taken your ball, and gone home.  :(

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm trying to type up a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY  long Wretch post to ease the tension a little bit.  But I'm running out of content and ideas here...hence the repeat of "REALLY" just now.  Which sucks because as I look at the preview, it looks like my "REALLY"'s have flopped off the page.  I wonder if I broke the page...or was it just designed to keep jackwads from repeating a word over and over again to get their point across?

Well, if you've read this far and you got a kick out of this...then I think I'll finish this post off properly with a joke.  Which is sure to make you laugh if you haven't already heard it before:

So this old man is sitting on his front porch when a kid walks by...dragging a whole mess of chicken wire.  

He asks the kid, "Boy where the hell you going with all that damn chicken wire?"

The kid says, "Well, I reckon I'mma catch me some chickens with it!"

The old man says, "Boy!  You ain't got a lick'a sense do you?  You can't catch no damn chickens with chicken wire.  That's just the name they give it."

The kid kind of just shrugs his shoulders and carries on.  He comes back though, about 4 hours later with a hundred damn chickens with their necks all trapped up in the wire.  The old man scratches his head and says, "Well, I'll be damned..."

The next day the old man is on his porch and the same kid comes by.  This time, he's got a wagon full of duct tape.

The old man asks the kid, "Boy where the hell you going with all that damn duct tape?"

The kid says, "Well, I reckon I'mma catch me some ducks with it!"

The old man says, "BOY!  You about as crazy as a sack full of wildcats.   It ain't even called DUCK tape...it's DUCT tape with a T at the end.  Even if it was DUCK-TAPE you can't catch no damn ducks with that shit."

The kid just shrugs again and strolls on by with his wagon full of duct tape.  Four hours later, he comes back dragging a hundred ducks behind him, all wrapped up in the tape.

The old man's jaw hits the ground and he can't believe it.  "How in the name of biscuits and gravy is this dang kid doing this?"  He asks himself.

The next day, the old man is on his porch and the kid comes by with a bag full of...........p#ssywillow.

And the old man says..."Hold up there junior...!  Gimme a sec to get my damn hat and lock the house."

*ba-dum-dum-tssssssssssss!

#longwindedwretchpost  #freedolfan23  #ya'llstopdrivingthemodscrazy

Just quoting this because...well look at it...

• Like 2

Now of course the idea of monkey knife fights being posted on home court is intriguing I must say that I done shed a tear at not only losing a fantastic admin and mod but one of the finest posters we have here on the squawk who would bring the perfect mix of humor, technical and statistical expertise and the right amount of arrogance to make any debate lively yet respectful and enlightening.

Here's to you, Baby Dol. May you find clarity and peace in all of your future endeavors.

• Like 1

• Moderators

For the record, I usually leave the Squawk for the entire month of August. The site is slower and usually it's nothing but threads that Diesel has regurgitated 50x's already. Everyone needs a vacay. Get away and then come back brohammer.

In all seriousness this place would be nothing without Dolfan23  if  you need help in moving threads or whatever feel free to ask me or some of other senior posters. and whoever is causing him extra grief please stop it NOW before we all lose something that we all enjoy

@Dolfan23 how about naming some new mods to help out?

I agree. A site like this (a forum on a professional NBA organization) with this many members should have more than 2 active moderators. Hell, my Stratusphere forum is on life support and they still have 8 active mods on the site. Delegate @Dolfan23!

• Like 2

Some posts do make me scratch my head, but based on Dolf's other posts recently, I'm thinking we all need to pitch in to get him a day spa day.  Dude seems stressed.  Love you big guy and hope the doctor's get that colon straightened out asap.

• Like 2