• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Adreian Payne thus far?

Hawkfan89

How do you feel about our number 15 pick so far? Do you think he can come in and contribute right away or will he be a body taking up space on the bench? Me personally I like him as player and what he did at Michigan State which makes me believe the Hawks got a steal in this years draft. Maybe one day (wishful thinking) he could crack the starting lineup maybe....

post-3439-0-78834900-1405555622_thumb.jp

• Premium Member

I like him. Kinda reminds a little of Larry Nance. I know. He is not the player now as Nance was in his career but I believe he will be a solid player.

Btw I do a little drag racing on the side and I've raced against ol "Catch 22" a few times down the track.

• Like 1

I like him. Kinda reminds a little of Larry Nance. I know. He is not the player now as Nance was in his career but I believe he will be a solid player.

Btw I do a little drag racing on the side and I've raced against ol "Catch 22" a few times down the track.

Did Nance have a jumper?

The dude was shooting 32% from the field in summer league coming into today's game. He is just out there chucking like Antić was in the playoffs. I did not like him in college and don't like him now.

None of our guys are playing that well. If they were playing the way they are now during the season it would be hard for them to get playing time.

I would like to see Trevor Releford get some more time. I liked him in college and like him now.

• Premium Member

Did Nance have a jumper?

Yes later in his career. At first he was just a pogo stick around the basket dunking on everyone kinda like Nique. He was 6-10 and could jump out of the gym!

• Premium Member

Not that impressed with Payne as a player to be honest. But that's just going off Summer League play. Maybe he will look better playing off of Horf or Sap. It does sting a little to see some of these wings showing off during Summer League that were available during the draft. I honestly think Payne is the type of player that will look better on the floor with other NBA players though.

I think Paynes biggest faults thus far are a lack of any kind of post game and he makes a good bit of mental mistakes.

His shit isn't falling too much which doesn't help matters much but right now he seems like a 6 11 jump shooter with athleticism.

Moose is far and away the best big guy we've had in this SL. On a positive note. I like what Tavares brings to the table. He's a lot better offensively than I thought he would be. Needs to work on rebounding fundamentals instead of just using his length to go over people.

He has all of the skills to be a very good power forward in the NBA but is still a rookie.  He lacks patience and takes too many bad shots.  He has the potential to be a double digit rebounder and a rim protector very soon if he focused more on those aspects of his game.  Right now he need to focus on getting hustle points and doing the dirty work rather than being the focal point of the offense.  I do agree that Muscala is more skilled offensively right now but not defensively.

I agree, as far as bigs go I like Muscala and Tavares better than Payne just based on play. I knew Payne was a good shooter but I at least thought he had better rebounding ability and instincts. He plays like a 6-10 SG on offense. And his deep ball is broken at the moment. Scott and Muscala would be in front of him off the bench if the season started tomorrow

He looks good he will be alot better with floor spacers like kyle, and DC, with jeff attacking. I think if we somehow cant resign paul millsap he could be a good peace to improve and fit in at out starting PF for the future

From what I have seen so far... and please you need to understand these summer league games are basically pick-up games.... Payne's hands are a little suspect... he is obviously a good athlete with length and he can knock down jumpers... I like him... he is never going to be an all-star type player... but I think he will be a solid starter and he fits into the system. I think it was a good pick at 15. 

He is a young Marcus Fizer with less core strength which also was a weakness for Fizer as well. I think sunny side up, he could reach a level like a Carlos Boozer but everything thing goes right. 

As for Moose, he is on his path to Brad Miller lane. He's nothing like McBob though. Moose is a similar skill-set to Miller but like Miller, he is going to need to bulk up for the center position.

He is a young Marcus Fizer with less core strength which also was a weakness for Fizer as well. I think sunny side up, he could reach a level like a Carlos Boozer but everything thing goes right. 

As for Moose, he is on his path to Brad Miller lane. He's nothing like McBob though. Moose is a similar skill-set to Miller but like Miller, he is going to need to bulk up for the center position.

Terrible comparison!  Those players aren't remotely similar