• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is what they think?

Diesel

• Premium Member

All over the NBA, people think that we build teams just to have players to give away.  They have always seen us as a supply team. I think now more than ever.  My thought is that if the fans think it, the the GMs have to have the same sort of thoughts also.

• We're not going to be a fan crazy team.
  • We're not going to be a free agent destination.
  • We're not going to be a 72 win team.
  • We're not going to be a media darling.

Those things being true.  IS there anything that the Hawks can do to change it's perception around the league?

• Premium Member

Doesn't matter what they think.....I'm sure the Cavs Gm doesn't think that if he has talked to DF.  

Maybe not after talking to DF, but before hand, I think he goes into a conversation seeing if we'd be interested in a former first overall pick and a Center who was one of the league's best rebounders.

What I'm saying is that teams hardly look at us with value for value.

They believe that we're here to help them out.

Maybe not after talking to DF, but before hand, I think he goes into a conversation seeing if we'd be interested in a former first overall pick and a Center who was one of the league's best rebounders.

Well, the Hawks gave Philly and Detroit their final pieces that they needed in order to make a finals run. So...

They think we got lebron and were the "cavs" lol hawks have more rings then them. They think they about to trade dion for horford and tristen for love lol they think they can build team usa by trading away scurbs fans like that ruin the nba. There stupid!1!

Well it's time that changed isn't it.  

They can....

suck_it_psych.gif

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I guess he means Rasheed Wallace to Detroit. I'm uncertain about the Philly reference.

That's all the way back to Dikembe for philly but we're talking many years and different owners and gms.   I don't think either apply anymore.   Truth is we haven't given anybody any talent in a long time.   

That's all the way back to Dikembe for philly but we're talking many years and different owners and gms.   I don't think either apply anymore.   Truth is we haven't given anybody any talent in a long time.   

Weeell, we did give Brooklyn Joe blum2.gif

• Premium Member

I think every team (and fans of) overvalue their assets, so that's part of it.  In the case of "unbiased" journalism {/sarcasm} though, it's a lack of respect for the team with the desirable asset and/or their own preference to see their talent put to better use. The intent is to invite speculation and see if something might come of it, but no GM with half a brain would bite on such lopsided BS.  

It's apparent what has to happen to change the perception, but people are not being realistic.  It's like a fight or a serious conversation you intend to have - it almost NEVER follows the script you come up with in your head.  We rationalize that all of our small successes should add up to a positive culture/perception change and eventually, SOMETHING will change.  In reality, our multitude of "small successes" are overlooked by the players that actually have the power to change our culture.  

Despite our appreciate for it, they aren't pining for a great system, great coach, hard workers, or even decent fans for that matter.  These players want to win it ALL and if WE can't even look at our team and say definitively that we have a shot at the finals...then certainly the perception will not change.  Even if WE think we have the perfect team minus a "star."

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

They think we got lebron and were the "cavs" lol hawks have more rings then them. They think they about to trade dion for horford and tristen for love lol they think they can build team usa by trading away scurbs fans like that ruin the nba. There stupid!1!

Mmmmmm hmmmmmm ;)

That's all the way back to Dikembe for philly but we're talking many years and different owners and gms. I don't think either apply anymore. Truth is we haven't given anybody any talent in a long time.

I know, might as well say the Hawks gave Boston 11 championships by trading them Russell but then again there are those that have gone into suicide watch over Jordan Crawford, Joe and now Bebe.
  • Like 2

Those things being true.  IS there anything that the Hawks can do to change it's perception around the league?

Short term: we need to get at least a 3rd seed and make the ECF. That means a strong regular season followed by a strong showing in the playoffs. I think that changes the perception.

Can't have a 40 win season and a first round exit.

• Like 1