• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague BreakOut Season!

JTB

From a scale 1-10...what is the likelihood of Teague breaking out this season?

NOTE:

And I mean a real breakout! An actual breakout to a point where he has high chances of making the all star game, where it would be ridiculous if he wasn't a reserve.

Your thoughts?

Rondo, Uncle Drew, D-Rose, John Wall, MCW, and Kemba Walker look to have better chances than Teague to make the All-Star game. If that's what you mean, then it would be like 3. If you're saying if he performs at an All-Star type level all year round, then I'd say a 6 or 7. 

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

I give him a 7 or 8 for breaking out.

My reasons are:

1) Jeff is entering the physical prime for a PG in the NBA.

2) The fact the JT has shown improvement each season (if you remember the misery of having him benched his first year or so).

3) I also believe with our current coaching staff, I expect to see his shooting improve steadily back to his earlier numbers (possibly even better)

4) Mentally I have to believe that the Indy series last year should provide him the much needed confidence to be more assertive and aggressive on the court.

I truly hope Teague takes the next step. He is already a very solid PG for the Hawks...best since Mookie IMO.

What about other folk's opinions. What will he do?

While he's improved every year, making an all-star team should be left to Sap and Horf. JT just needs to play... Hell, he's got a newly signed Mack, and Dennis on his heels. Screw the heroics, he needs to work to keep his spot.

If he picked up where he left off vs Indy, then a solid 8...that would be tough to do. However having an entire offseason to work with coach Bud, I think an 8/10 is feasible and definitely not out of reach. The optimist in me says 8, that lil ahole pessimist in me that I hate so much says 6..lol

• Premium Member

From a scale 1-10...what is the likelihood of Teague breaking out this season?

NOTE:

And I mean a real breakout! An actual breakout to a point where he has high chances of making the all star game, where it would be ridiculous if he wasn't a reserve.

Your thoughts?

He was mentioned for the allstar game last year.

Being voted as a starter in the all star game means that you are

the best known player at your position, not the best player.

Being selected by the coaches means that you are probably one

of the better players at your position and that the coaches like you

or like the team that you are on.

The more players picked from your team, the less likely you are to

be chosen, in my opinion, because they want as many different NBA

teams represented at the all star game as they can get.

We will possibly have two players chosen.  If so, that could mean

that JT will not make it.  He would have to be extra special, which

he may be, because he's capable of this.

GO ATL!

PS:  Dream and Braves continue to lose.  Waiting for the Falcons

and Hawks to get started and turn this around!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I give the likelihood of Jeff breaking out an 8. Really if Jeff were to play an entire season like he did the first month and last month + playoffs we wouldnt be talking about Jeff breaking out. It would have already happened! He just needs to put it together for 82 gAmes + playoffs.

• Like 1

While he's improved every year, making an all-star team should be left to Sap and Horf. JT just needs to play... Hell, he's got a newly signed Mack, and Dennis on his heels. Screw the heroics, he needs to work to keep his spot.

Huh? Leave making the Allstar team to Sap and Horford? Why? If Teague makes it, just like any of the other Hawks it'll be a coaches selection.

All it means is he's having a great season which will be good for the Hawks because Jeff playing well more than likely means the Hawks are doing well.

People forget Teague started off the season got - there was ASG talk for a brief second and this was with Al and Millsap. No heroics - he was just playing good ball.

All it means is he's having a great season which will be good for the Hawks because Jeff playing well more than likely means the Hawks are doing well.

Completely agree here. If Teague is considered for an all star spot by coaches it probably means that we are a top 3 or 4 team in the east by Feb. If Teague and Horford or Sap are being considered we are probably a top 2 or 3 team in the east.

• Moderators

Teague has never sustained a high level of play over a season. When he is assertive "good" Teague, he is good enough to be on the conversation for the All-Star team. I can't handicap whether he will have the mental maturity to do that but it is the most important factor in this team making a real run at the ECF.

• Like 2