• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So, How 'Bout That Neven Spahija?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

No, really, how 'bout him? Never heard of Neven. All I know is it isn't the U. of Miami booster.

Is it Neven like Seven, or Neven like Even Steven?

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ferry continuing trend with Hawks International. Croatian coach with loads of experience. Guess we are looking not to have to hire any one for a long time.

It's just an assistant coach for I'm alright with it. Go Hawks!

Ferry continuing trend with Hawks International. Croatian coach with loads of experience. Guess we are looking not to have to hire any one for a long time.

It's just an assistant coach for I'm alright with it. Go Hawks!

No, really, how 'bout him? Never heard of Neven. All I know is it isn't the U. of Miami booster.

~lw3

Are we sure it's not the booster in witness protection?  Actually, don't answer that.  If we actually start landing some FA targets we'll know the answer to that question. 

Is it Neven like Seven, or Neven like Even Steven?

~lw3

Yes, like Seven. His last name is Albanian and is very hard to pronounce in English (he is Croatian coach - half Albanian, half Serb)

Also, I bet Ferry will now look at Mario Hezonja (remember this name) the best new kid from Europe.

• Like 2

I thought was another Euro player that Ferry signed and I expected a Squawk meltdown, hahaha.

Thanks for the info on him. Continued player development is a nessesicity.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think it's a sign we're going to continue to infuse more foreign players into our roster... And he can influence. Let's face it, the world is catching up. Let's get them... I believe Duncan, Ginolbli, and Parker has been okay. How many none USA, players are on our team? I mean, I know Horf has spend most of his life here, Florida, ATL... But he wasn't born in the states.

We needed a strong assistant coach to replace the developmental aspects that Quin Snyder brought to the table. I thought that was a huge loss for us especially hearing and seeing how DeMarre Carroll went from a bench guy to a solid starter under his tutelage. Hopefully this guy can continue the progress of our players

• Like 4

• Moderators

Not that this is related, but international players tend to be more loyal to their teams, i.e. Dirk, Parker, Nash, Ilgauskas.  This maybe why Ferry likes international talent.  Harder workers, team-first, and not about the money.  Playing in the NBA and living in America is a privilege to most international players.

• Like 2

You may be right...  The last 2 first round picks were international talent (I know is just Canada, but that's still international).  I think as the talent pool increases as we look more and more in depth at international players as our only outlet to get high caliber talent. No one seems to want to sign with us in free agency, so this may be an alternative route. 

• Like 1