• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap cut from USA team

capstone21

Does it make us selfish because we don't want our guys playing supporting our country? It's a dilemma....

I'd like a Hawk to play on the national team. We got to get our Hawk pride from somewhere! 

• Like 1

So Plumlee is still on over Sap? Weird, even though he did have a great stretch in the last scrimmage. Maybe they want floor running and athleticism over everything else that Paul has an advantage in over him. Kyle still standing though, and I'm not surprised the two Wizards guys got the axe before him.

So Plumlee is still on over Sap? Weird, even though he did have a great stretch in the last scrimmage. Maybe they want floor running and athleticism over everything else that Paul has an advantage in over him. Kyle still standing though, and I'm not surprised the two Wizards guys got the axe before him.

I guess they need more size.

If they were going off of the scrimmage as a tryout then I understand the first wave of cuts, Wall was the worse of the PGs, and Sap had a few unforced turnovers. Beal didnt really stick out.

I think it came down to Sap or Faried as the "small big" on the roster and Faried just plays so hard it difficult not to notice him out there.

Korv has a chance I think its him vs Hayward, Thompson and DeRozen depending how many wings they keep. (Thompson and Derozen are the favorites imo)

They are at 16 players and will probably cut 1 more point guard, likely Lilliard unless they keep him as a small SG in which case Korver is out for sure.

They have 4 C's and they can either go with 2 or 3.

My scenario for Korver to make it:

Davis, Cousins or Plumlee

Durant, Faried, Parsons

Thompson, Derozen

Harden, Korver

Rose, Curry, Irving

Drummond isnt ready for intl play,

Hayward is skilled but not a better shooter than Klay and Kyle, and not a better athlete/defender than Derozen

Lillard is the 4th best true guard and lacks size but is still one the best talents on the roster so its really a matter of preference if they wanna go with a small backcourt or not

Plumlee's game goes perfect for an up and down style of play just like Davis, but Cousins is the only player we have that can D up the Gasol's. They may keep both which would make Korver and maybe even Parsons expendable.

The key to it all is how many Cs and PGs they decide on. If its 2 and 3 respectively then Kyle has a chance, any more then he is coming home i think