• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Literal Support

LucastheThird

Most years I go to between 6 and 10 games. There have been years when I went to more then that.

This past season I only went to 1 game.............the reason is a combination of having a 2 year old daughter  and I went to 6 GSU games in downtown Atlanta instead of Hawks games. Tix were only $15 and I'd sit within 6 rows of the floor at half court. Plus their team was awesome last season. All concession are $1 at GSU basketball games. Parking is $5.

When I go to Hawks games I drop around $70 per tix.........plus $20 parking......and $7 beer. 

I'll probablly go to 4 Hawks games next year.........and around 6 GSU games.

I live in Columbus... I try to get down for a game, oh, once every three years. I go to Cleveland most of the time. Sucks, because I have a hunch finding a ticket, prices are gonna be a bitc@

I live in Columbus... I try to get down for a game, oh, once every three years. I go to Cleveland most of the time. Sucks, because I have a hunch finding a ticket, prices are gonna be a bitc@

I usually get tickets on stubhub - prices are already ridiculous.

• Premium Member

I live 100+ miles south of ATL.  I haven't been to a game in a couple of years, but usually I try to make 1 or 2.

Also, I pick weekday games against TERRIBLE teams from crappy markets. I go to see the Hawks play ball and I could give a shit less about seeing "stars."

I go about twice a season.  I do pay extra for my sports package to follow the team on TV and regularly communicate with the fellow fans on this site called Hawksquawk.  And whoever said finding other fans was easy is obviously not from Atlanta lol.

• Like 1

I live 100+ miles south of ATL. I haven't been to a game in a couple of years, but usually I try to make 1 or 2.

Also, I pick weekday games against TERRIBLE teams from crappy markets. I go to see the Hawks play ball and I could give a shit less about seeing "stars."

I can't afford tickets to see 'Stars' and that's fine by me, especially when all the bandwagonners show up. Opening night is always special.

• Premium Member

I go about twice a season.  I do pay extra for my sports package to follow the team on TV and regularly communicate with the fellow fans on this site called Hawksquawk.  And whoever said finding other fans was easy is obviously not from Atlanta lol.

LOL...I remember when I discovered the Internet in the 90's and found the AJC.  I was flat out amazed that there were actual, living, breathing Hawks Fans in the universe!  :D

True Story:  I posted on AJC and RealGM, but I lurked on the Squawk...because I was intimidated by the personalities in here.  I didn't feel knowledgeable or witty enough to discuss Hawks basketball on a dedicated Hawks site with such "elite" Hawks fans.  lol  In 2004, I finally decided to "slide" in here on the heels of the Reef/Theo trade figuring to just be one of the crowd in the wake of such a big trade/franchise transition.

I can't afford tickets to see 'Stars' and that's fine by me, especially when all the bandwagonners show up. Opening night is always special.

Main reason why I avoid those teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I live in Columbus, Ga. which is about 2 hours or so away from the arena depending on traffic.

I will never spend a penny on this team until A$G is gone as primary owners. They betrayed me and every Thrasher fan by backstabbing us and selling our team out of city despite having twenty one local groups trying to keep them here.

• Like 1

I live in Sandy Springs and it comes down to money.  Last 3 years I've gone between about 4-8 games a year, depending on whether I can get cheap tickets on stubhub or the like.  I seldom miss a game on TV, but there's 4 of us, and it gets pricy.  Unfortunately, it does seem likes its costing more all the time.  I despise the "glamour" teams that bring out their fans (Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Thunder) so I dont' go to those games.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

I live in Sandy Springs and it comes down to money.  Last 3 years I've gone between about 4-8 games a year, depending on whether I can get cheap tickets on stubhub or the like.  I seldom miss a game on TV, but there's 4 of us, and it gets pricy.  Unfortunately, it does seem likes its costing more all the time.  I despise the "glamour" teams that bring out their fans (Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Thunder) so I dont' go to those games.

Well, you can take the Heat off that list... Insert Cavs there. Lol

• Like 1