• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Over grading the work of Ferry.

Diesel

• Moderators

My thoughts are that too many people were quick to buy in on the idea that a team will win a championship if every piece fits well and we have many good mid-tier players.

I know of zero people who believe that.   Your confusing this with the fact that many are happy that we have mid-tier players that fit and work together as a team as opposed to mid-tier players who don't fit and get paid too much.   

I could be wrong.   Who here thinks we'll win a championship without a star player?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I know of zero people who believe that.   Your confusing this with the fact that many are happy that we have mid-tier players that fit and work together as a team as opposed to mid-tier players who don't fit and get paid too much.   

I could be wrong.   Who here thinks we'll win a championship without a star player?

It's not confusion.  The people who were happy to go along with Ferry when he was giving away draft picks and trying to win to make the playoffs and not talking to certain FA superstars are the ones who Believe that.  That's a lot of people.  How many times did a superstars name come up and people say " he wouldn't fit into our system"... as if we really have one except... No star players.

Look Hard.  Ferry wanted a system of guys with NO ego.  No following.  That's the ticket to superstarlessness...  Tim Duncan is not walking through that door.

It's not confusion. The people who were happy to go along with Ferry when he was giving away draft picks and trying to win to make the playoffs and not talking to certain FA superstars are the ones who Believe that. That's a lot of people. How many times did a superstars name come up and people say " he wouldn't fit into our system"... as if we really have one except... No star players.

Look Hard. Ferry wanted a system of guys with NO ego. No following. That's the ticket to superstarlessness... Tim Duncan is not walking through that door.

Now THAT is the irony of all ironies! Diesel criticizing Ferry giving away draft picks when just about every Diesel claus fantasy trade has a pick or picks thrown in.

And the only pick I recall him giving away is Bebe and so far that doesn't seem so bad. Getting out from under Lou's contract enabled us to re-sign Scott and Mack, both of whom are valuable young players that most expected would be playing somewhere else this season.

• Premium Member

Other than guys like LeBron, Melo and Paul who's respective camps told the Hawks they weren't interested, what FA superstars did Ferry refuse to talk to or pursue? This keeps being said, but I've yet to see any evidence that suggests that this is even remotely truthful.

Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Now THAT is the irony of all ironies! Diesel criticizing Ferry giving away draft picks when just about every Diesel claus fantasy trade has a pick or picks thrown in.

And the only pick I recall him giving away is Bebe and so far that doesn't seem so bad. Getting out from under Lou's contract enabled us to re-sign Scott and Mack, both of whom are valuable young players that most expected would be playing somewhere else this season.

Ferry gave away draft picks and got NOTHING... NOTHING back for them.

Not even close to using a draft pick to get a superstar.

There was another pick aside from Bebe.

Ferry gave away draft picks and got NOTHING... NOTHING back for them.

Not even close to using a draft pick to get a superstar.

There was another pick aside from Bebe.

What draft picks did he give up? I don't think you realize that you are wrong here. The only 1st round pick from Ferry's' tenure not on our roster is Bebe. 

• Like 1

He wouldn't do that in our system. And if he were still here Schröder would likely be planted on the bench.

I know that he would steal Dennis' minutes and that’s why I am happy that he's gone. But maybe it would have been possible to get more for him and Bebe than nothing... But I know the main problem was LeBum's inability to make a decision. So Salmons' tradable contract ended before FAncy really started...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What draft picks did he give up? I don't think you realize that you are wrong here. The only 1st round pick from Ferry's' tenure not on our roster is Bebe. 

Maybe I'm thinking about an exemption he gave away.  But I may be wrong.

But he did do this:

July 12, 2012: Signed Louis Williams as a free agent.

July 11, 2012: Traded Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, a 2013 1st round draft pick (Shane Larkin was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick.

June 27, 2013: Traded Shane Larkin and cash to the Dallas Mavericks for Jared Cunningham, Lucas Nogueira and Mike Muscala.

June 29, 2014: Traded Lou Williams and Lucas Nogueira to the Toronto Raptors for John Salmons.

That's just pathetic.

But he did do this:

July 11, 2012: Traded Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, a 2013 1st round draft pick (Shane Larkin was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick.

June 27, 2013: Traded Shane Larkin and cash to the Dallas Mavericks for Jared Cunningham, Lucas Nogueira and Mike Muscala.

June 29, 2014: Traded Lou Williams and Lucas Nogueira to the Toronto Raptors for John Salmons.

That's just pathetic.

So he was a GM. He made some moves. Gotcha. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

But he did do this:

That's just pathetic.

July 12, 2012: Signed Louis Williams as a free agent.

No picks

July 11, 2012: Traded Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan FarmarAnthony MorrowJohan PetroDeShawn StevensonJordan Williams, a 2013 1st round draft pick (Shane Larkin was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick.

Added picks.

June 27, 2013: Traded Shane Larkin and cash to the Dallas Mavericks for Jared CunninghamLucas Nogueira and Mike Muscala.

Added picks.

June 29, 2014: Traded Lou Williams and Lucas Nogueira to the Toronto Raptors for John Salmons.

Gave away picks.

---------------------------

The Lou / Bebe trade is the only one giving away picks in that run.

• Premium Member

Yeah moves don't happen in a vacuum.   So we rid ourselves of Joe, Josh, Lou and replaced them with Millsap, Korver, DMC, Thabo, Muscala and some picks.   Nice work.

What picks??  We traded away all the picks except a worthless Second rounder that he may have already traded.

Moreover, Nothing for Joe.

With what we gained on trading Marvin and Smith we could have had all the players you mentioned.   The point is that while trying to craft his team of nonstars, we have built a bunch of nothing.   You know who we got for Joe?  Antić, Brand, and some other sorry Joker from Europe that we gave away.

What picks?? We traded away all the picks except a worthless Second rounder that he may have already traded.

Moreover, Nothing for Joe.

With what we gained on trading Marvin and Smith we could have had all the players you mentioned. The point is that while trying to craft his team of nonstars, we have built a bunch of nothing. You know who we got for Joe? Antić, Brand, and some other sorry Joker from Europe that we gave away.

Hahaha - you need to give it a rest. It's in plain black and white as @AHF and @Dolfan23 pointed out the only pick DF gave away was Bebe.

And saying we got Antić and Brand for Joe is you being intentionally obtuse - Kyle Korver was a direct result of the Joe trade but let's just leave him out.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

You say that Ferry hasn't thrown away Picks... but:

Jeremy Tyler.

Walter

Jared Cunningham

Lamar Patterson

All of these guys are from Ferry trading picks.

Tyler and Cunningham were waived already.

Walter has been sent overseas (hiding).  Just like Lucas.

Who knows where Patterson is right now?

My point is that this is his M.O.  He gives away.  He doesn't seem to care about the value of picks.  He didn't even try to negotiate with Detroit.  He didn't even try to force Brooklyn to give more.  He was about as shrewd as a Baby in Negotiations.

You say that Ferry hasn't thrown away Picks... but:

Jeremy Tyler.

Walter

Jared Cunningham

Lamar Patterson

All of these guys are from Ferry trading picks.

Tyler and Cunningham were waived already.

Walter has been sent overseas (hiding). Just like Lucas.

Who knows where Patterson is right now?

My point is that this is his M.O. He gives away. He doesn't seem to care about the value of picks. He didn't even try to negotiate with Detroit. He didn't even try to force Brooklyn to give more. He was about as shrewd as a Baby in Negotiations.

You just love to muddy the waters don't you - why are you trying to list Cunningham and Tyler as DF picks. What picks did DF trade to get Cunningham and Tyler???

Walter and Patterson (both DF picks) are both 2nd round picks playing overseas and the Hawks still own their rights. Moose was a 2nd round pick that played overseas and is now on the roster.

Try again D - what else you got??

post-2550-0-83264200-1416940352_thumb.jp

post-2550-0-31513200-1416940390_thumb.jp

Edited by JayBirdHawk