• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm just gonna say it............

Wretch

Pre-Injury Westbrook?  Yeah.  Look I'll make it simple I think 90% of the board would trade Horf for.....

Lebron

Durant

The Brow

PG(pre injury)

Westbrook(Pre injury)

Chris Paul

Blake Griffin

Love

Aldridge

Curry

Does that mean we win a title except for those top 2?  There would still be work to do.  But, most would gladly make those trades.   And I think the FO would gladly make those trades.   But, the other teams aren't making those trades, so this is a dumb conversation. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hmmmm..... I agree with Dolfan.  What exactly is the epiphany here?

I find it odd that some on our site believe that our front office doesn't want a star.  However misguided and poor our attempts have been at getting a star player, it's obvious they want one.  We've freed up enough cap room the past two off seasons to try to sign one.  Which is why this conversation quickly gets into a tanking discussion.  

How do you see that they don't want a star player?   My assertion is they want one like everyone else, they've just failed to get him.  

Alright quest.. let me ask...

What have our front office done to get a star??  Wish??  Hope that somebody would forget about our ineptitude and come here?

We have a front office that is more interested in the playoffs than the draft....

We're still wishing upon a star!!!

• Like 1

There's definitely been a lot of wishing and hoping from our front office.  I won't dispute that, but the past two offseasons they have cleared enough cap to make an attempt.  They are at least showing that they wanted to sign Chris Paul, Howard, etc.  

They are doing more than in the WLOC era.  I think they are maintaining flexibility to keep hope alive.  It's hard for me to defend the owners, but I believe they are making attempts and would sign a star should they convince them to believe in the direction of our franchise.  

I will not say they are doing a great job.  They do want a star, though.  The desire is definitely there.  I don't think they are trying to prove to everyone that they can get a championship without a star, that's ridiculous.  

There's definitely been a lot of wishing and hoping from our front office.  I won't dispute that, but the past two offseasons they have cleared enough cap to make an attempt.  They are at least showing that they wanted to sign Chris Paul, Howard, etc.  

They are doing more than in the WLOC era.  I think they are maintaining flexibility to keep hope alive.  It's hard for me to defend the owners, but I believe they are making attempts and would sign a star should they convince them to believe in the direction of our franchise.  

I will not say they are doing a great job.  They do want a star, though.  The desire is definitely there.  I don't think they are trying to prove to everyone that they can get a championship without a star, that's ridiculous.  

The key is finding a star that is willing to play within the team and not do things for individual glory.  

The fact of the matter is, what most fans consider to be a star is the hyped up volume shooter that brings very little else to the table.  They see LeBron's scoring, but they don't see what actually makes him a star.  

• Premium Member

The key is finding a star that is willing to play within the team and not do things for individual glory.  

The fact of the matter is, what most fans consider to be a star is the hyped up volume shooter that brings very little else to the table.  They see LeBron's scoring, but they don't see what actually makes him a star.  

If you're talking about the average person you run into on the street, then you're correct.  The casual fan comprises the glut of any given subject matter.  In regards to the good majority of people who post here, you couldn't be more incorrect.  

The real problem lies in navigating around facts and convention when they don't align with your opinion.  It's like being busted in the middle of a ridiculous lie, the story gets very complicated.  Which has happened here in recent times...people simply make things more complicated than they are.

It's not hard, at all, to watch a team play and get a basic idea of what their strategy is and where their strengths/weaknesses are.  In a game as active and repetitious as basketball, anybody who cares could form a decent opinion of the game's best by watching it for a full season.  What does that say for most of the folks that have been posting here for the last TEN seasons?  Or people like myself that have watched the game for 30 years?

No.  The problem is most certainly not that people "don't know what a star" is.  Not on this forum full of intelligent opinions.  Implying that the majority of people here can't identify a real star is just elitist code for, "These mouth-breathers don't know basketball as well as me."