• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks unveil new court (Brown is gone!)

BrazilianHawk

The new floor is excellent. It's really too bad they couldn't put the new uniforms out with the new floor. Does this franchise EVER do anything right?

Koonin came on board this past April I think and he was the driving force behind the PAC. Like I stated before uni change request has to give the league a years notice.

If memory serves me correctly, the PAC was to be unveiled this season but because of how well the hawks did in playoffs they brought it out early.

That makes sense. Ultimately, its inconceivable that the ASG thought the Red, Blue and Silver scheme was going to be better than the Pac. Another addition to their list. At least Koonin was able to convince Gearon Jr that the Pac is a good thing to harken back to.

I know it had nothing to do with Hawks...I just thought the floor looked cool

People need to recognize the difference between "brown" and the court being two-toned.  There's over a dozen teams in the league with two-toned courts sporting a lighter and darker shade of wood that has absolutely nothing to do with the team's color scheme....it's wood, how many colors does wood come in?

• Like 3

• Moderators

That makes sense. Ultimately, its inconceivable that the ASG thought the Red, Blue and Silver scheme was going to be better than the Pac. Another addition to their list. At least Koonin was able to convince Gearon Jr that the Pac is a good thing to harken back to.

I think the Pac was gone long before the ASG.  We had all those years with the red and black color scheme and the big winged hawk.   

I think the Pac was gone long before the ASG. We had all those years with the red and black color scheme and the big winged hawk.

The pac has been gone since Nique left. The yellow remained but that was definitely muted in favor of black which was all the rage in the late 90s except for the God awful alternate jerseys around 2004.

Personally I don't get the rage over the Hawks not utilizing a logo and color scheme that belong to two other more famous franchises (PacMan and McDonalds). Nobody can say they own red, white and blue.

Barf! Brown had absolutely nothing to do with the Hawks. Horrible, horrible color. 

*gasp* Levenson's got to you too Dolf?

Kidding.  Agree though.  That weird brown just looked odd.  Love the new design.

I think this guy is partly color blind and really doesn't understand design that well. But it's good to see our new court get a little love.