• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we continue to start DMC over Thabo?

Peoriabird

• Moderators

I didn't hear any discussion of Thabo in the portion of the video I watched and he didn't play in the fourth quarter which was the subject of the video.  That is why I asked to point it out if there was something significant that was in there.

I am not convinced he will get a lot better shots in our system.  Most of his shots were the easiest 3pters (corner shots) which were wide open.  I agree that he should get more opportunity to cut.  Let's see how it plays out and whether it adds up to anything of note.

I am not confident that Thabo will be better on offense.  At all.  I am positive that he will seriously upgrade our rotation.

Edited by AHF

I would continue to start DMC but I really think we will see good things from Thabo and due to injuries he's going to have a good number of starts this year. I believe he will shoot around 40% from 3 if he's healthy and that he will make a huge difference defensively to the team when he's on the floor. I'm very excited about him!

But I'm excited to see how much DMC has grown this offseason with him focusing on ball handling and see where that's gotten him.

I think we had a conversation about our daughters the last time I made that joke! I hear you. Let's drop the debate and watch the action.

Lol - yes we did.

Let's revisit after 20 games which is a quarter of the season.

I was trying to let the thread die as me and AHF have both gave our opinion for maybe too long. I will answer hawkitus question.

I would rather see DMC start and thabo play with the second unit. I have loved what I have seen from our second unit during the preseason. I only hope that thabo gets pretty close to carroll in mpg if my assumption that he is the better player ends up being correct.

Three identical players who are hapless on the offensive end. DMC is the best option offensively, but that's not saying much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Looked like the best out of three defensive wings tonight.

Thabo looked better than DMC to you last night?  I thought DMC was excellent on D and very efficient on offense.  For it to end up 10 points for DMC and 12 for Toronto's 2013-14 leading scorer is a very nice push.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thabo looked better than DMC to you last night?  I thought DMC was excellent on D and very efficient on offense.  For it to end up 10 points for DMC and 12 for Toronto's 2013-14 leading scorer is a very nice push.

I agree.   I didn't think Thabo looked very good last night but I know he's still learning the system.   DMC pretty much locked down and I"m blaming that last free throw rebound on Korver but i could be wrong.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, too early for any real decisions or assessments but I would take what we got last night from DMC every night if I could get it.  Especially the results on the defensive end.  Good game for him.

• Like 2

The problem is that none of our guards or SF's are giving anything in the rebounding department. They're all good shooters, and they all work hard on the defensive end... But it's kind of redundant. Just like the combo of Horf and Millsap. Carroll is a better player than Thabo and I don't think benching Carroll in favor of him would help the team. But I do think this team needs to search for some rebounding. Sap and Horf just aren't enough.