• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks 2014 predictions

Alex

If we do trade Millsap due to Payne and Scott, then Payne and Scott got really good really quick!

Scott is already showing that he can replace Millsap's scoring. He's not going to be as consistent or as good on defense but he costs a lot less. Payne should have no trouble being a rebounding and shot blocking guy off the bench. And one or both of them could become as good as or better than Millsap in the next couple of years. 

If we had Millsap locked up on a long term contract then I wouldn't think we might trade him, but since he's expiring and we've got a couple of young 4's who need time, I can certainly see him being moved. 

I guess I will let you have that one. Although it really means little to me right now as the Hurricanes have sucked for a long time. In fact almost all of my teams have sucked for quite a while (except 'Cuse). It's sad that the Hawks are my most successful team right now. 

Oh and Bebe will go off against the Hawks with a 30/30/10 in the season opener!

Damn - I forgot about Bebe in Toronto. And Lou.

How'd he look in preseason?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Damn - I forgot about Bebe in Toronto. And Lou.

How'd he look in preseason?

Good god how did that happen again? They end up with Lou and Bebe and we got what from them?

Good god how did that happen again? They end up with Lou and Bebe and we got what from them?

You been living under a bridge?? We traded them for cap space. As long as Bebe doesn't pan out then it's ok, but if he ends up being a player well count me among those who will be pissed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

High (reasonable) Expectation:
47-48 Wins

1st in the SE

4th overall seed in the East (Behind CLE, CHI, TOR)

4-3 1st round win vs. Miami

2-4 2nd round loss vs. Cleveland

1-4 2nd round loss vs. Chicago

Low Expectation:

38-40 wins

3rd in the SE (Behind Miami, Charlotte)

7th or 8th overall seed in the East (BKN or NY surprises, fighting for a playoff seed)

2-4 1st round loss vs Cleveland

1-4 1st round loss vs. Chicago

My actual expectation:

40-45 wins

2nd in the SE behind Miami

5th or 6th overall seed

4-3 1st round vs. Miami (or anybody at the 4 seed) could really go either way...  
If we win, then the same prediction holds vs. CHI/CLE

Edited by Wretch

We outrun everyone in the East based on distance tracking.

Beat the Spurs for the assist title and win one game versus them.

Are the best three point shooting team in the East.

Blow out the Cavs.

Get blown out by the Bulls.

Have 2 All-Stars.

Teague posterizes a C.

Thabo has his best season.

Sap will be extended during the season (if that's possible, contract experts help me out).

Dennis won't get any minutes, but Payne will.

2 POTM awards and a COTM, Bud finishes in Top 4 for COY.

Points allowed drops under 100.

Near the top of the league in free throw shooting.

Up a couple spots in team rebounding, still slightly below average.

We see a considerable uptick in attendance of people who actually root for the Hawks.

50 wins, 6 game Semifinals bow out.

Edited by benhillboy

You been living under a bridge?? We traded them for cap space. As long as Bebe doesn't pan out then it's ok, but if he ends up being a player well count me among those who will be pissed.

I love cap space. If cap space was a lady she'd be my mistress.

We are top 3 in the East at the all-star break and Teague + either horford or millsap make the allstar team.

Scott becomes a consistent shooter.

Bazemore gets comfortable in the offense and finds his shot and does an alroght job replacing lou will while providing much better defense.

Our second unit routinely outplay their counterparts.

50+ wins. Southeast division crown

easy first round victory.

possible ECF birth depending on the second round matchup.

• Moderators

Ferry quietly returns at some point between the MLK Day game and Black History Month. No major trades at the deadline aside from something involving cap-space flexibility, at worst moving one of Jenkins/Scott/Brand/Moose.

The biggest injury concern all season will be Pero's feet.

The Hawks' biggest win streak will be seven, likely during their seven-game homestand as All-Star considerations are being made.

Al becomes the designated Hawk at this year's ASG. Kyle finally competes and wins the 3-point contest, while Payne gets runner-up at the Slam Dunk contest.

Hawks go on another mid-April tear, finish 47-35 to win the Southeast Division by a game, and win a tiebreaker for the 3rd seed over Toronto.

They eke out a Hawkward first-round matchup with Luol Deng and Miami in 7 games.

They fall just short of an upset of the Bulls in 7 games.

Atlanta leads the NBA in team Assists per game and Assist percentage.

Jeff stays above 8.0 APG as he, Paul, and Al alternate the team scoring lead all season long. For long stretches, both Paul and Al will average a double-double.

Kyle wins the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship award. The longest Threak this year will be 50 games.

They get the Nets swap, but it won't be a lottery pick.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

I had Ferry returning on MLK Day...but someone beat me to it. Anyway...

A few weeks ago, I had them at 46-36 if Horford was healthy for the season and I'll hold right there in case of injuries or in the event Millsap is moved on the deadline and it takes a minute for the new guy(s) to catch up. Will that be enough to win the Southeast?

I still can't see them going to the ECF without someone from Chicago or Cleveland going down to injury (cough cough Derrick Rose). ABC/ESPN will all but ensure that the Cavs get there and the Bulls will be way too much for them to handle if Rose is healthy.

But 46-36, a run at their first division title in 20 years, a possible deal that involve REAL players, and a second-round playoff series that doesn't have all of its games on NBA-TV? It sounds good. But then again, I had the Falcons at 10-6 before the season started so Dolf, you might want to delete this in 3....2....1....