• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks 2014 predictions

Alex

This thread is entitled "predictions." That basically means educated guesses!

Who said that this opinion only pertained to this predictions thread? I've seen this theory that we have no chance against the cavs or bulls posted many times outside of this thread.

• Moderators

Who said that this opinion only pertained to this predictions thread? I've seen this theory that we have no chance against the cavs or bulls posted many times outside of this thread.

We can beaten any team on a given night.  There are about 8 teams against which we stand almost no chance in a 7 game series absent injuries playing a role, IMO.  The only two from the East are those two.  Here is hoping they prove me wrong and you right.

• 3 months later...

1. 51 wins

2. Al wins comeback player of the year

3. Thabo will be on the top 5 underrated signings list

4. Our defense will be top 7

5. Dennis plays enough minutes and well enough to make the Rookie/Sophmore game meaning Mack gets traded at the deadline.

6. Teague FINALLY takes ownership of this team.

I'm Good!!!

We are top 3 in the East at the all-star break and Teague + either horford or millsap make the allstar team.

Scott becomes a consistent shooter.

Bazemore gets comfortable in the offense and finds his shot and does an alroght job replacing lou will while providing much better defense.

Our second unit routinely outplay their counterparts.

50+ wins. Southeast division crown

easy first round victory.

possible ECF birth depending on the second round matchup.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I would say I had it pegged pretty well.  I tried to warn yall about Cleveland and Chicago underperforming as well.

Scott is still pretty streaky but his 3 pt % has increased from 31% last year to 39.1% this year

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

We outrun everyone in the East based on distance tracking.

Beat the Spurs for the assist title and win one game versus them.

Are the best three point shooting team in the East.

Blow out the Cavs.

Get blown out by the Bulls.

Have 2 All-Stars.

Teague posterizes a C.

Thabo has his best season.

Sap will be extended during the season (if that's possible, contract experts help me out).

Dennis won't get any minutes, but Payne will.

2 POTM awards and a COTM, Bud finishes in Top 4 for COY.

Points allowed drops under 100.

Near the top of the league in free throw shooting.

Up a couple spots in team rebounding, still slightly below average.

We see a considerable uptick in attendance of people who actually root for the Hawks.

50 wins, 6 game Semifinals bow out.

Damn I'm good, besides being way off on Dennis, Payne, and the Bulls blowing us out. And let me substitute the Teague poster for 2 fast break dunks from Kyle, boost the All Stars up to 3 or 4, still gotta beat the Spurs, and we going to the Finals all day. This isn't gonna be Thabo's best season individually, but team-wise maybe. And godd@mmit we got 7 Monthly Honors. Edited by benhillboy

50 wins

3rd seed in east

2nd round exit

2 different hawks will each have a triple double game.

Moonshine will become popular to more than just one racial group.

I will change my diet at least 3 times

Teague will make his first all star appearance

Dumber and dumber to will leave me disappointed.

Rookie Payne will serve up a facial to either Marcin Gortat or Jonas Valanciunas.

I love peanut M&M'S

TEAGUE!!!!! I'm good (too Jay) ;-)

• Moderators

Ferry quietly returns at some point between the MLK Day game and Black History Month. No major trades at the deadline aside from something involving cap-space flexibility, at worst moving one of Jenkins/Scott/Brand/Moose.

The biggest injury concern all season will be Pero's feet.

The Hawks' biggest win streak will be seven, likely during their seven-game homestand as All-Star considerations are being made.

Al becomes the designated Hawk at this year's ASG. Kyle finally competes and wins the 3-point contest, while Payne gets runner-up at the Slam Dunk contest.

Hawks go on another mid-April tear, finish 47-35 to win the Southeast Division by a game, and win a tiebreaker for the 3rd seed over Toronto.

They eke out a Hawkward first-round matchup with Luol Deng and Miami in 7 games.

They fall just short of an upset of the Bulls in 7 games.

Atlanta leads the NBA in team Assists per game and Assist percentage.

Jeff stays above 8.0 APG as he, Paul, and Al alternate the team scoring lead all season long. For long stretches, both Paul and Al will average a double-double.

Kyle wins the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship award. The longest Threak this year will be 50 games.

They get the Nets swap, but it won't be a lottery pick.

~lw3

Nice little mixed bag of almost-right and way-off! Seven-game winning streak, boy that sure sounded good!

~lw3

47 wins [by the All Star Break]

2nd round exit [for the team we beat in the 2nd round]

Horford plays the whole season

Millsap is [not] traded at the deadline due to despite the emergence of Payne [if he gets to play] and Scott.

Wow I'm awesome! 

• Like 3

Wow I'm awesome!

Did you seriously have that initial post? Lol

Oh I see what you did there...I'm not slow but coming off hallucinations from illness :-( lol

Edited by Spud2Nique