• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bye Bye Mr. Jenkins

GameTime

This doesn't mean he's going anywhere. Man y'all are thick lol. He's gonna have this season to prove himself and if he shows he's worth it then we will bring him back or he'll get a contract from someone else.

I don't think it's a stretch to say this doesn't bode well for his future here past this year.  He's not in the rotation and it's likely that it'll stay that way unless something crazy happens.

You're right when you say this is likely a one-year audition for him.  However, the likelihood of the year unfolding positively for him (when every other year has been disastrous) is so miniscule that I don't think we can fault folks for expecting him to be gone.

However, the likelihood of the year unfolding positively for him (when every other year has been disastrous) is so miniscule

You make it sound like he's been in the league for a long time - he had a decent rookie year shooting and had a back problem that required surgery the next. I'm not sure how that qualifies as disastrous every year.

It's a prove it year for him AND the Hawks. He's also now an expiring contract making it easier to trade if necessary. It's all about options.

I don't think it's a stretch to say this doesn't bode well for his future here past this year.  He's not in the rotation and it's likely that it'll stay that way unless something crazy happens.

You're right when you say this is likely a one-year audition for him.  However, the likelihood of the year unfolding positively for him (when every other year has been disastrous) is so miniscule that I don't think we can fault folks for expecting him to be gone.

Every other year hasn't been disastrous. He had a pretty solid rookie year for a very late 1st round pick. Then he had a back injury last year. All reports I could find say he looks like a different player this year, getting to the basket and generally looking much better. Just because he's buried on the depth chart doesn't mean he won't advance or that injuries won't play a role in his getting playing time. 

Ferry's horrible drafting in plain sight for anyone that values the truth.

1st round pick

John Jenkins-on his way out

Bebe-gone

Dennis-not contributing consistently

Payne-inactive roster/not contributing consistently

Rather you admit it or not management has already admitted to blowing half of there first rd picks during the Ferry days.

• Like 3

Ferry's horrible drafting in plain sight for anyone that values the truth.

1st round pick

John Jenkins-on his way out - false

Bebe-gone - had to be given away to get rid of Lou's contract, but possibly a bust

Dennis-not contributing consistently - 1 game into his 2nd season

Payne-inactive roster/not contributing consistently - 1 game into his 1st season and was inactive due to our depth

Rather you admit it or not management has already admitted to blowing half of there first rd picks during the Ferry days.

I'd love to see where the management has admitted they've blown draft picks. And you act like Ferry has had high picks and has just blown them, like your boy BK did. He had high lottery pick after high lottery pick and blew them. 

I think I'll go with Horford and the other players when they talk about how good Payne is, how much Jenkins has improved and how talented Schröder is. 

I'd love to see where the management has admitted they've blown draft picks. And you act like Ferry has had high picks and has just blown them, like your boy BK did. He had high lottery pick after high lottery pick and blew them. 

I think I'll go with Horford and the other players when they talk about how good Payne is, how much Jenkins has improved and how talented Schröder is. 

No-one has to stand at a podium and make a speech of acknowledgement. If it's true then it's true. Trading Bebe and Lou in a lopsided trade and basically saying that Jenkins is not worth the pay his rookie scale contract says he should get is clearly admitting.

No-one has to stand at a podium and make a speech of acknowledgement. If it's true then it's true. Trading Bebe and Lou in a lopsided trade and basically saying that Jenkins is not worth the pay his rookie scale contract says he should get is clearly admitting.

Just like you won't admit that we got a 2nd round gem in Mike Scott......

Tavares has yet to play out and could be something for us as well.  I agree with Dolfan in the fact that we haven't even had a top 10 pick with Danny.  I mean, what exactly are you expecting?

• Like 1

• Moderators

The other active(ish) 2012'ers who did not get their options picked up.

Thomas Robinson - Kings, now with the Blazers (5th Pick)

Austin Rivers - Pelicans (10th Pick)

Kendall Marshall - Suns, now with the Bucks (13th Pick)

I believe Jared Cunningham (Clippers) is under different contract terms since he was waived by the Hawks in February and the Kings didn't pick him up until after he cleared waivers.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

“I felt how I came back from injury, from August until now, I feel like I made leaps and bounds and shocked a lot of people in the way I came back. I feel like in the preseason, I might have earned my spot and had my option picked up. But it didn’t happen. I will continue to work hard, support the team and be positive.” Jenkins, who was selected with the 23rd overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft out of Vanderbilt, has been slowed by injury during his Hawks career. He averaged 6.1 points in 14.8 minutes as a rookie in 74 games. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, John Jenkins

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.Eui4TF8s.dpuf