• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott - Per 36

thecampster

Dennis PER 36

30.5 PPG

9.2 RPG

3.1 APG

like you already realized - it's a really small (in Dennis' case even smaller) sample size and I'm sure Mike an Dennis wont carry this numbers over the season. But nevertheless I hope they will get more time on the floor

EDIT: not to forget Dennis has 12.2 fouls per game - that's nearly an avarage tripple double lol and shows that PER36 stats are interesting but only projections...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

With Mike Scott I'd give him the minutes.  He's obviously very streaky so ride that 60% from 3 until the tires fall off.   He's hit about everything he's made in 3 games.   He's not going to maintain him but take him out when it stops.

You say that, but maybe he will retain it.  Guys were talking about him in the pre-season/summer as being a guy who got a lot better.  Maybe this is who we have.  I hope it is.  

• Moderators

You say that, but maybe he will retain it.  Guys were talking about him in the pre-season/summer as being a guy who got a lot better.  Maybe this is who we have.  I hope it is.  

No one in the history of basketball has kept these numbers up or could.  That is the benefit of small sample size.

What I am hoping for is a significant increase on last season's 3pt% (which wasn't good last year but I think can be much better this year) and continued growth in his overall game.  I am loving that he seems to continue to progress after the new contract.

• Like 1

I agree that we should at least ride his shooting until it slows down or teams get a handle on him.  Same with Dennis.

I don't understand why some coaches are stubborn and feel the need to put all of their starters back out on the court at the end of a game.  Scott and Dennis helped dig us out of the hole, why not give them the chance to see if they can close it as well?

Or at least wait until they miss a couple and then pull them.

No one in the history of basketball has kept these numbers up or could.  That is the benefit of small sample size.

What I am hoping for is a significant increase on last season's 3pt% (which wasn't good last year but I think can be much better this year) and continued growth in his overall game.  I am loving that he seems to continue to progress after the new contract.

Of course not 60% from 3, but I meant more so maybe he will continue to average about 15 pg on .485-.500 shooting.  

I agree that we should at least ride his shooting until it slows down or teams get a handle on him.  Same with Dennis.

I don't understand why some coaches are stubborn and feel the need to put all of their starters back out on the court at the end of a game.  Scott and Dennis helped dig us out of the hole, why not give them the chance to see if they can close it as well?

Or at least wait until they miss a couple and then pull them.

Yeah, but you know what happens?  If they get close and then fall behind people say you left them in too long.  Catch 22

• Like 1

Did you really just compare a 2 game, 11 minute sample to a 3 game 43 minute sample?  I truly hope that was hyperbole.

Also, we saw Mike Scott be dominant in summer league and much improved at the end of the season.  We saw Schröder have glimpses of popcorn vendor in his future.

season has 82 games, we look at per 36 stats so 82x36=2956 

11:2956 vs 43:2956

still very small sample size... (in both cases) so yes I compare that.

And you're right Dennis wasn't improved at SL and he also wasn't improved and Germany's best player in his international appearances.

I only said give 'em (both) more mins!

• Like 1