• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Pero Antić on this team? He is terrible

Goots

• Premium Member

Payne needs to hurry up and get some minutes so this guy can permanently be planted on the bench.

I've never seen someone pass up so many open opportunities either, the guy just doesn't play with that much confidence.

Can't blame him for not being confident when he pretty much misses everything.

• Like 1

I mean, many of us were skeptical when he got signed whether or not he would be able to contribute in the NBA. He looked a bit slow and way too perimeter-oriented even in his highlight tape. Now we are seeing what happens when he doesn't have confidence in his shot-- he often becomes a non-factor on the court. 

I'm bummed to see it though, because I like how he didn't back down from West in the playoffs. He seems like he has grown to enjoy the situation and his teammates here in Atlanta, and I have full faith that he would be one of the first to square up against somebody to protect his teammates.

The European-mobster badass-ness can only go so far though; Pero: hit your shots.

Edited by Colin
  • Like 2

I'd rather give his minutes to Moose. He looked good last night for not playing so far

Moose has far more talent but he's too wild. I see why Bud doesn't play him enough. The game is too fast for him right now. Once it slows down, he will be good and useful.

This will sway absolutely nobody, but I was a bit entertained by HawkShoop's Buddy Grizzard explaining how Antić can look so inept yet routinely wind up going double-digit positive in the plus-minus box scores.

http://hawkshoop.com/small-sample-size-theatre-2014-edition/

Since that article, Pero registered a +10 at New York (second-highest on the team) and a head-scratching +17 last night (highest on the team).

~lw3

So true. This is why I don't mind Pero starting even those he is not any good. He simply fits Sap or Horf better than Sap or Horf fit each other. 

If pero actually took shots when he was open and otherwise generally kept his head low, I think he'd be a pretty good player. Which is surprising...

He just looks so bad because the only time he shows up is because he's doing something wrong.

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

If pero actually took shots when he was open and otherwise generally kept his head low, I think he'd be a pretty good player. Which is surprising...

He just looks so bad because the only time he shows up is because he's doing something wrong.

He's a horrible decision maker with the ball. It's like Josh is back. 

Pero drives me crazy with his pump fakes and other stuff on offense. I always thought he was decent enough on defense.

After reading that article I do understand why Bud plays him. His box score numbers just doesn't reflect how he helps his teammates.

He sucks but he's good at post defense, his team d is respectable and he doesn't give up easy points and he has range. He's useful but not good at Basketball. Less talent than Zaza but has useful skills that come in handy.

That's quite a funny description but I understand what you mean - he has his uses. Lol.

Exactly. Like he's useful for opening jars of pickles or grabbing things off the top shelf at grocery stores for old ladies.

Omg I'm bustin....lmao

Exactly. Like he's useful for opening jars of pickles or grabbing things off the top shelf at grocery stores for old ladies.

Omg I'm bustin....lmao...

My thoughts exactly when soup said "useful, but not good at basketball"

Edited by Spud2Nique