• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Pero Antić on this team? He is terrible

Goots

• Moderators

Pero,2-5, 5 rebounds, +17, 2 turnovers

Horf, 4-10, 4 rebounds, -14, 2 turnovers

I don't see the issue with Pero last night.

Ridiculous that someone watches last night's game and comes to the conclusion that Pero sucks and Moose should have his minutes.  I've got nothing against Muscala and realize he's young but had he been in the game another two minutes it might have sunk us.   He's the one who sucked last night.   And comparing Pero to Josh on shot selection?  Seriously?   Pero launched that bad 3 because he'd taken a dribble and picked it up (dumb yes) but the guards just couldn't get the ball.  He didn't have much choice.  Still we're talking about one shot.   Take that out and he shot 50% and extremely selectively. Yeah that sounds like Josh.

Ridiculous that someone watches last night's game and comes to the conclusion that Pero sucks and Moose should have his minutes.  I've got nothing against Muscala and realize he's young but had he been in the game another two minutes it might have sunk us.   He's the one who sucked last night.   And comparing Pero to Josh on shot selection?  Seriously?   Pero launched that bad 3 because he'd taken a dribble and picked it up (dumb yes) but the guards just couldn't get the ball.  He didn't have much choice.  Still we're talking about one shot.   Take that out and he shot 50% and extremely selectively. Yeah that sounds like Josh.

Mike showed a lot more talent than Pero did last night but talent is good but not as good as ACTUAL production which Pero showed. 

Ridiculous that someone watches last night's game and comes to the conclusion that Pero sucks and Moose should have his minutes. I've got nothing against Muscala and realize he's young but had he been in the game another two minutes it might have sunk us. He's the one who sucked last night. And comparing Pero to Josh on shot selection? Seriously? Pero launched that bad 3 because he'd taken a dribble and picked it up (dumb yes) but the guards just couldn't get the ball. He didn't have much choice. Still we're talking about one shot. Take that out and he shot 50% and extremely selectively. Yeah that sounds like Josh.

Because he's showing how easy he is to defend. Let him get the ball and make sure he can't pass it. Bam. Best defense you can play.

He's not going to dribble the ball and like he showed last night, if he doesn't get the ball in position to shoot it he's a dead duck.

But I think this is more on how bud uses him rather than pero being ass. This is why I want Payne to take his minutes. Payne can at least dribble it a little and make you pay if you defend him like Antić.

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

Because he's showing how easy he is to defend. Let him get the ball and make sure he can't pass it. Bam. Best defense you can play.

He's not going to dribble the ball and like he showed last night, if he doesn't get the ball in position to shoot it he's a dead duck.

But I think this is more on how bud uses him rather than pero being ass. This is why I want Payne to take his minutes. Payne can at least dribble it a little and make you pay if you defend him like Antić.

Payne is not going to take Pero mins. He's going to take some of Scott's mins and split Horf/Sap's mins. 

• Like 1

Until opposing teams stop thinking he can shoot he will still be playing. In the Indiana series they realized after 3 games that he was no longer the guy who could terrorize them by dropping 15 with ease like he did in the regular season and dared him to shoot but so far through all these games teams still think he can so therefore he is a benefit to the team. The more players the opposing team has to guard then the easier it is for guys to get one on one opportunities that they can exploit. That and Pero has never been bad at defense, so poof, he gets minutes.

His on/off court net is he highest on the team by far at +35.8. I agree with Supes that he's a better fit next to Sap than Al, but almost anybody would the way Boss looked last night.

I'm pretty sure we had a very good winning percentage when Pero started last year, a winning record when he plays, and a losing record when he doesn't. If he hits a three early, it's honored and stretches the floor for the rest of the game.

Yall can hate the man, I rock with Pero all day (except the Indy series of course). He's a poor man's Late-career Sam Perkins making pennies.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Mike showed a lot more talent than Pero did last night but talent is good but not as good as ACTUAL production which Pero showed.

@nbasuoes40retired why are you making so much sense recently :-).

That's a very good point.

@nbasuoes40retired why are you making so much sense recently :-).

That's a very good point.

I usually make a ton of sense when I am not emotional. The off-season usually means I will probably start talking crazy. During the season, I am thorough.

I have hated Antić since we got him.  He is useless on this team.  He hits an occasional 3, but he's not even a lifetime 30% 3 point shooter.  He's marginally better at 3's than J-Smoove.  

I never could see what the organization sees in him and still don't and never will.  He choked in the playoffs.

• Moderators

I have hated Antić since we got him.  He is useless on this team.  He hits an occasional 3, but he's not even a lifetime 30% 3 point shooter.  He's marginally better at 3's than J-Smoove.  

I never could see what the organization sees in him and still don't and never will.  He choked in the playoffs.

He's  not a lifetime 30% shooter on 3s.  He's a lifetime 32.6% 3 point shooter.  At least in the nba.  Maybe you were going back to Macedonian stats I don't know.   33% 3 point shooting from your backup center is pretty damn good in my book.   And that's not marginally better than smoove.  It's a lot better because he isn't hoisting 5-10 a game.   

So Pero and Muscala are better options than Payne at this point?  I can't believe that Bud won't even allow Payne to enter the game.  Give him a chance.  Pero and the other guy are pretty worthless right now.

My opinion of him has been sinking some lately because of looking at the offensive end and the box score. I hadn't really considered the points made by the article lw3 posted, so I'm happy to be more educated and will try to keep that stuff in mind when watching him from now on. Besides, you have to love Pero for him getting face to face with David West and not backing down.