• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'd rather see Muscala out there than Antić

JonKoncak

Until he bulks up, it won't happen.

I'd like to judge this lack of bulk issue after seeing him with some meaningful minutes. He's looked good in the DLeague. And yes, i know it's not the NBA, but if I'm not mistaken the kid is averaging a solid double double (or very close) in under 30 mpg against very good competition. Stretches the floor. Boards. Blocks. Runs the floor. Done very well in DLeague. Yeah, I would like to see more.

• Like 1

• Admin

Pero's defensive rotations make up for a lot of the other's flaws. Watching him work on defense is beautiful. Unfortunately he leaves a lot to be desired on the other end of the floor. Muscala may still be a liability on defense, but playing time is what he needs to improve.

defense is much more important then offense and his role is not to,score
  • Like 3

Muscala and Payne can't get in the game at all.  Why?

Because they are both in the D league. 

Hawks are in a "Win right now" movement and not taking time to develop

these players.  Therefore, we've sent them down.  Makes sense when we

think of them in this way.

GO ATL !!

• Moderators

I can understand wanting to see Muscala and Payne play but I'm not getting where they "deserve" minutes.   What have they done to deserve minutes?   I think Bud deserves our trust at this point that he is an expert at evaluating and developing players.   

• Like 4

I think Pero also has that intimidation factor that not many on our team can dish out.  He looks imposing with the bald head and ink, but he also backs it up by not backing down and giving a hard foul every now and then.  His body is solid enough to set those hard picks.  All that is why he is getting minutes over the young bucks.  He's a savvy vet.  Brand is the same way, but I think Bud uses Brand sparingly because his body has a lot of mileage on it and he saves him for key matchups and wants him fresh on those nights.  All-in-all, I'm really pleased with Bud's management of everyone's minutes.  He's giving some guys enough minutes to feel like a contributor and they're rewarding that by contributing.  He's keeping the starters and key guys in the game long enough to keep them locked in, but rested enough that they stay fresh and hopefully injury free.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think Pero also has that intimidation factor that not many on our team can dish out.  He looks imposing with the bald head and ink, but he also backs it up by not backing down and giving a hard foul every now and then.  His body is solid enough to set those hard picks.  All that is why he is getting minutes over the young bucks.  He's a savvy vet.  Brand is the same way, but I think Bud uses Brand sparingly because his body has a lot of mileage on it and he saves him for key matchups and wants him fresh on those nights.  All-in-all, I'm really pleased with Bud's management of everyone's minutes.  He's giving some guys enough minutes to feel like a contributor and they're rewarding that by contributing.  He's keeping the starters and key guys in the game long enough to keep them locked in, but rested enough that they stay fresh and hopefully injury free.  

Yep.  Millsap leads our team in minutes per game at 33 minutes.   That is 36th in the league.   Jimmy Butler is #1 averaging 40 minutes a game.   

• Like 2