• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Swipe Right. The Tinder Ordeal

Diesel

• Premium Member

What does this even mean? Can someone translate Dieselese for me?

Let me help you Dirt.

We finally got the whole basketball world paying attention to us... We're number 1 after 21 years... and we decide that we're going to Market our #1 team the same way you would market the b-team of the closest college.

Being #1 and respected is more than having a good record.  Somewhere I remember somebody talking about "Changing the culture".

Is this the change that they were talking about?  I'm not saying that we're a laughing stock because of this, but I'm saying how do we look in comparison to Chicago, Dallas, or Houston?  Are those franchises bringing in fans with Date nights??  I've been here to see gimmicks like "the guarantee" amoung other things.  However, that was OK when nobody cared about us.  But now, we do have the chance to "change the culture".  To go from laughingstock to respected and IMO  this kind of gimmick is not how respectable franchises operate.

Let me help you Dirt.

We finally got the whole basketball world paying attention to us... We're number 1 after 21 years... and we decide that we're going to Market our #1 team the same way you would market the b-team of the closest college.

Being #1 and respected is more than having a good record. Somewhere I remember somebody talking about "Changing the culture".

Is this the change that they were talking about? I'm not saying that we're a laughing stock because of this, but I'm saying how do we look in comparison to Chicago, Dallas, or Houston? Are those franchises bringing in fans with Date nights?? I've been here to see gimmicks like "the guarantee" amoung other things. However, that was OK when nobody cared about us. But now, we do have the chance to "change the culture". To go from laughingstock to respected and IMO this kind of gimmick is not how respectable franchises operate.

Well, we are only #1 RIGHT NOW,it's not like we won the finals, so that can change next week. And attendance numbers are the rankings our marketing department are concerned with, not game standings. I agree we shouldn't have to resort to these marketing plans if we had a waiting list for season tickets, but we don't, so until that time, I'm sure they will continue to pander to 20-30 somethings who are early to mid career professionals with disposable income. They aren't ignoring fathers and sons, but it's called diversification. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" is how I think the old folks say that. Considering that families usually have small disposable income budgets, and while the kids would hopefully become lifelong fans, it would be years before the could spend money on games and merchandise, probably until say, they are 20-30 somethings.

More proof that some people just can't help but argue, be negative and even be racist. Way to go! 

It's rainin' men at my house.  I'm about to get soaking wet.

Uh, that's a little T.M.I. don't you think?

You've visited so many gay sites (no offense to you, we're not judging) that it's literally changing the text when you quote people. Might wanna get that checked out.

Lol you racist pricks are killing me.. gut is hurting now

Fire the guy at the ticket booth.. Bad freaking breath!

Fire the janitorial staff! I found a pube on the toilet seat!!

Fire the popcorn guy!!! Oh this is a travesty! To msuch damn salt!! My blood pressure!

FIRE!!

FIRE!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

More proof that some people just can't help but argue, be negative and even be racist. Way to go!

Leave your racist idealism at the door please.

I've made my mind up that I'm not arguing with "those people" anymore.

Can't bring this up without telling us who it is!

Dolf? Did you hear that? I SAID...

oh shit. I think I was blocked.

Your bigotry against Dolphin fans cannot go without some type of punishment. Do you not realize they are already a sad , useless , pathetic people who deal with hatred on a constant bases? Here you are trying to suppress them even further?

Poor , poor , pathetic people they are who know nothing but pain and suffering

• Premium Member

Let me help you Dirt.

Being #1 and respected is more than having a good record.  Somewhere I remember somebody talking about "Changing the culture".

Is this the change that they were talking about?  I'm not saying that we're a laughing stock because of this, but I'm saying how do we look in comparison to Chicago, Dallas, or Houston?  Are those franchises bringing in fans with Date nights??  I've been here to see gimmicks like "the guarantee" amoung other things.  However, that was OK when nobody cared about us.  But now, we do have the chance to "change the culture".  To go from laughingstock to respected and IMO  this kind of gimmick is not how respectable franchises operate.

It means our marketing department is actually trying to come up with original and funny ways to develop a culture of FUN around the team. You know "fun", that thing that happened to you once by accident 30 years ago, is actually something most people are interested in having, especially young adults who are the ones most likely to spend good money on this team. This type of promotion does not only advertise the product on the floor but the arena and it's concessions as well. Partnering up with one of the most successful and fastest growing apps in the world (I live in Mexico and Tinder is huge even here) is obviously good marketing. Besides, it's a one game thing anyway, so I don't understand why even if this was a terrible idea it would be a big deal. 

• Like 2

Your bigotry against Dolphin fans cannot go without some type of punishment. Do you not realize they are already a sad , useless , pathetic people who deal with hatred on a constant bases? Here you are trying to suppress them even further?

Poor , poor , pathetic people they are who know nothing but pain and suffering

oh-no-you-didnt-33.gif

I could have sworn we had some on here complain about the whole "swipe right" promotion.. This thing has been getting a ton of attention on NBA radio today. I do not think I have heard Bron's name once today! Tell me again how this stupid , moronic , cheezy and so on. Tell me how will you?

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 2