• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Swipe Right. The Tinder Ordeal

Diesel

I don't know what swipe night or tinder is. Isn't that the amazon ereader?

Yes, Soth.  Yes it is.

Nah, FWIU tinder is a hookup site masquerading as a dating site.

So did any Squawkers get 'swiped' last nite? man_in_love.gif

• Premium Member

What does the swiping have to do with a one night hookup?

You don't even have a cell right?  I can't even imagine that in this day and age. 

Tinder is a meetup app on android and iphone that shows you the results of other singles using tinder near your location.  These results are displayed one by one.  When you "Swipe Right" on your phones touch screen for a person's profile, it means you are interested in talking to the person.  If they swipe right also then it opens a chat where you can start talking.

If you swipe left, it means you aren't interested in the person and it takes you to the next profile.

I've never used it or seen it, but that is my understanding of how it works.

P.S. The amazon e-reader is kindle.  Pretty funny how related those words are though :)

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with the team not taking itself seriously from time to time. Some of the posters on here could learn a thing or two.

Can't 'like' this post enough.  I'd nominate you for POTY if you would've included modz in that statement.

• Premium Member

You don't even have a cell right?  I can't even imagine that in this day and age. 

Tinder is a meetup app on android and iphone that shows you the results of other singles using tinder near your location.  These results are displayed one by one.  When you "Swipe Right" on your phones touch screen for a person's profile, it means you are interested in talking to the person.  If they swipe right also then it opens a chat where you can start talking.

If you swipe left, it means you aren't interested in the person and it takes you to the next profile.

I've never used it or seen it, but that is my understanding of how it works.

P.S. The amazon e-reader is kindle.  Pretty funny how related those words are though smile3.gif

Yeah, no cell phone for me but the wife has one. But I do have a good desktop for gaming and wireless in the house for PS3 and PS4. So I'm not completely at a loss. I hope. :p

Thanks for the information. I have a first generation kindle, you'd think I'd remember the name difference. But they are close to each other as you said so I can see why it confused me.

I thought the swiping was about a credit card or something. Man. You kids and your cells.

Yes, Soth.  Yes it is.

Nah, FWIU tinder is a hookup site masquerading as a dating site.

So did any Squawkers get 'swiped' last nite? man_in_love.gif

As I heard someone else say, Tinder is for straight men and whores looking to hook up.  I wonder if Brianna the former cheerleader was there? 

Yeah, no cell phone for me but the wife has one. But I do have a good desktop for gaming and wireless in the house for PS3 and PS4. So I'm not completely at a loss. I hope. blum3.gif

Thanks for the information. I have a first generation kindle, you'd think I'd remember the name difference. But they are close to each other as you said so I can see why it confused me.

I thought the swiping was about a credit card or something. Man. You kids and your cells.

How old are you? I am damn near 40 and am JONESING for my next phone. I get anxiety if I leave it at my desk.

• Premium Member

How old are you? I am damn near 40 and am JONESING for my next phone. I get anxiety if I leave it at my desk.

I am almost forty as well. Never had one. I made a post about this about a month or so ago. I had a job where I had to have a two way radio on 24/7 for work and it literally drive me nuts because the people would never stop calling me. So when the cellphone crazy in America really started it was like trying to get me to drink acid after that job. So i never got one and frankly I don't really want one. I have my desktop for internet surfing and gaming, plus my PS3 and PS4 for gaming. My wife has a cell in case of emergencies.

I don't even know how to text. Someone asked me to text their kids once when we done with a pickup game and I was like...how? The looks I got for that was priceless.

• Premium Member

I think that @Sothron is pretty much Amish and they don't believe in cell phones smile3.gif

LOL no, but I am an Orthodox Christian. :p  I really don't see the need for cells tbh. Everyone seems to be complaining about how their phone isn't the latest greatest Iphone version 9090.2192120 or how much the data pricing is for one.

LOL no, but I am an Orthodox Christian. blum3.gif  I really don't see the need for cells tbh. Everyone seems to be complaining about how their phone isn't the latest greatest Iphone version 9090.2192120 or how much the data pricing is for one.

That's because you haven't had the convenience of one. I don't need the latest and greatest as I'm still on an iPhone 5. But being able to get a weather report, traffic report, check movie times, get work / personal emails, be able to text instead of having to waste time talking on the phone every time you need to get a minor question answered or being able to respond via text on your own time like while a Hawks game is on. It's all possible with smart phones. Plus I can find my phone if I lose it, have a flash light built in, I can share my phones internet with my laptop when I'm in a place without Wifi, etc. etc. I honestly could not live without it in this day and age. Now if we had some type of massive catastrophe that changed life as we know it, obviously none of that stuff would matter and I'd be just fine. 

• Premium Member

@Sothron and @Hotlanta1981 's idea of ridesharing is scooting over to make room for 2 in their stagecoach.

Jeez, just because we don't like one device doesn't mean we have given up on all technology. But I wouldn't mind riding in a stage coach.It is where the phrase "riding shotgun" originally came from after all. Guy next to the driver had the shotgun to protect the coach from bandits and Indian attacks.

• Like 1