• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Clippers

lethalweapon3

I really hate that I work second shift and miss most of these games but I still get joy from being at work and checking my phone and being able to talk crap to all my co-workers lol. They all legitimately asked me tonight "how did y'all get so good?" I've never heard that as a hawks fan lol

• Like 1

Basically im saying i feel like my relationship with the hawks is about to get more serious here. I love this team more than any other but us not winning in the end was always ok yknow? Its just the hawks its a fun thing now i feel like im about to get married to this team and i dont want it to go sour like my marriages with the falcons and braves have

They are all welcome to join in on things.Strange. Winning seems to be a big predictor of fanbase. Whoda thunk it?

It's getting close to where "band wagoners" are gonna hitch a ride. Whatever. Cool.

A decade of Squawk has shown me where the true fans are...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll know we've reached a whole new paradigm when all this introspective mess stops:

When the questions in opposing locker rooms and from national sports media stops being, "What's Gone Wrong With (Overhyped Team X)?" and starts becoming, "How Can We Get (Overhyped Team X) To Play More Like The Hawks?"

~lw3

• Like 3

I never paid any attention to it like the team but I realized it tonight listening to Holman's Homerism for a few minutes in the car when Blake went to the line in the second quarter whenever a Hawk blew on him. We've been getting hosed by the refs for a majority of our run, still dominated 5 on 6. These guys are awesome.

Griffin had 18 FT's last night.  I would be surprised if more than 6-8 were deserved.

I'll know we've reached a whole new paradigm when all this introspective mess stops:

When the questions in opposing locker rooms and from national sports media stops being, "What's Gone Wrong With (Overhyped Team X)?" and starts becoming, "How Can We Get (Overhyped Team X) To Play More Like The Hawks?"

~lw3

The team may not recognize it but the fans certainly do.  I check out the other teams message board after every game and they always are insanely jealous of our effort on defense and movement on offense.  They usually come away saying we are the real deal as well.

• Like 4

Bring out the broom! Can't stand the Clippers and can't wait for that soft team to get bounced in the first round.

The Clippers seem to lack passion and team chemistry. They're still a good team because of the talent they have, but they have no shot at winning the west. 

I've never seen Bob so excited... His enthusiasm makes up for Nique's clumsy work.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Basically im saying i feel like my relationship with the hawks is about to get more serious here. I love this team more than any other but us not winning in the end was always ok yknow? Its just the hawks its a fun thing now i feel like im about to get married to this team and i dont want it to go sour like my marriages with the falcons and braves have

No cold feet Taz! Don't you dare leave all of us at the alter!

• Like 1

I saw the will to win vanish from the Clips in the middle of the fourth quarter.

I know I'm a big puss, but every time I watch this team I get a little choked up as the minutes are ticking off the clock with everything this organization has been through.

I loved the pregame interview with Teague. Andre asked Teague about Bazemore's OD college team being ranked an Teague just dropped the Mike and left laughing. These guys love each other and play for each other. You just don't see see this in professional sports now days.

In the words of Norman Dale, 'I love you guys'!

• Like 4

• Moderators

~lw3

So now the Hawks are starting to play mind games with the rest of the league... Awesome.

• Like 3

• Moderators

It's Andre, Denmark fan from last night:

• Like 1

Watched "that" TV network show for a long time this A.M.  I wanted to hear

their reaction to last night's game.

If it was ever mentioned, I missed it.

However, their top ten plays included the big thunder dunk from Griffin.  They

re ran this about three times so we would be sure and notice it.  Funny thing was,

no mention of how the game turned out.

They did show highlights of other NBA games and gave their scores.

AJC did pick up about the win.  Good for them.  It's about time.

YOUR 1ST PLACE ATLANTA HAWKS !  YEAH !!

• Like 2