• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who needs a superstar when we have Pimp T?

WillyMo

I've been one of the harshest critics of Teague and have ALWAYS put Lowry and Wall ahead of him but with the way that Teague has been playing the past 2 months I don't believe there's a better PG in the East right now.

Possibly best in the league. I know Curry, CP3 and Lillard but Teague is holding his own.

I've been one of the harshest critics of Teague and have ALWAYS put Lowry and Wall ahead of him but with the way that Teague has been playing the past 2 months I don't believe there's a better PG in the East right now. 

I don't know... I think Lowry could slide in Teague's spot and do a lot of what he does... But I'm not sure Toronto would be as good as they are with Teague.

But that's how I feel right now.... Teague could possibly get even better as he gets more comfortable with the system. We will have to wait and see...

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Overall skill level shown while winninglocomotive.gif

You mean like how he shut lillard down while getting whatever he wanted or how paul had to sit for a lot of the second half after getting four fouls because he couldn't guard teague without fouling.

Teague has been beasting while making a lot of flashy plays against the supposed best PGs in the league. I dont know what more you could want from him. He is also doing this while keeping his teammates involved. His efficiency crushes just about every name you listed.

He scored 25 points on 14 shots last night while Conley scored 17 on 15 and conley is always mentioned as one of the best defensive PGs in the league.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Dennis mentioned often that he plays a lot against Jeff in training sessions. Is it possible, that some of Teague's progress comes from that training against his really fast and well defending backup? Seems possible that both can grow together. Also I think the fact that he has a backup who want's to become something real in this league kicks his ass a little more, than last years (well playing) backup who might have been satisfied with that backup role...

I think we all agree that Schröder raising his level of play this season is probably one of the factors that has gotten Jeff to take it to the next level. Early on in the year when Jeff would put it on cruise control you could see Bud used Schröder to preassure Jeff into picking his game up (benching him twice in the fourth quarter).

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's what we have all always wanted "PLAYOFF TEAGUE" in the regular season.  Playoff Teague is a SuperStar.  All he is missing right now is a signature game of 50(which is hard in our system).  

Yea, I don't think that's gonna happen on this team. If he was in Cleveland taking the amount of shots Kyrie Irving is putting up, then he would have a shot. 

Interesting stat of the day: of all the players in the top 30 in scoring, no one takes less shots than Jeff Teague (12.4 a game).

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 4

Yea, I don't think that's gonna happen on this team. If he was in Cleveland taking the amount of shots Kyrie Irving is putting up, then he would have a shot.

Interesting stat of the day: of all the players in the top 30 in scoring, no one takes less shots than Jeff Teague (12.4 a game).

and also no one plays less minutes a game
  • Like 2

Dennis mentioned often that he plays a lot against Jeff in training sessions. Is it possible, that some of Teague's progress comes from that training against his really fast and well defending backup? Seems possible that both can grow together. Also I think the fact that he has a backup who want's to become something real in this league kicks his ass a little more, than last years (well playing) backup who might have been satisfied with that backup role...

Both of them much better this year than last.