• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bob Rathbun

volman

Wow, something has been in his sweet tea as of late. I would like to personally shake his hand for the homerism on the SportsSouth broadcast as of late. It is so exciting, and I like when my local broadcast roots for the good guys. I am not saying he rooted against the Hawks in the past, but he was always very neutral.

I guess winning does a lot as well. Just loving everything all around!

Go hawks

He's always like this during playoff time. I'm glad that attitude has translated towards the regular season because it makes watching the game at home much more exciting.

• Like 4

He's always like this during playoff time. I'm glad that attitude has translated towards the regular season because it makes watching the game at home much more exciting.

I just get giddy listening to Bob freak out during the games now.. he is such a homer now, and it's awesome.  Loving it! 

• Premium Member

Bob is a professional and does his homework, but he's always had a "stealth homerism" in the way he calls the games.  I will say though that In recent years he's been a little more home friendly.  This year, you can feel the excitement in his voice.  Gotta remember though, he's been entrenched with this club for decades and has shared every bit of our hope, excitement, disappointment, and frustration.

Personally, I don't want to see him shy away from what has made him such a good analyst all these years, but I'm happy that he has a front row seat to this greatness and is enjoying it.

• Like 3

The Heat have resorted to thuggery!!

Bob makes no apologies for his homerism.

That is an all time favorite quote of mine from Bob...that one is hilarious!! 

• Like 1

Listening to Bob I never even pondered that he was supposed to be neutral. The way this team is playing now it's impossible to be. All the years we've been referred to as irrelevant and mediocre by other teams' announcers we deserve for our announcer to get his happy on.

I love Steve too though. I would guess theres no other radio guy in the league who airs out referrees like he does. He'll kill a guy before the game even starts.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Even family members who have no interest in basketball have been drawn to him as of late.

It has just been a very refreshing year this year so far. 

Even family members who have no interest in basketball have been drawn to him as of late.

Bob deserves this as do us fans, imagine calling a 13 win season, ppppeeewww!!! Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I have always felt like Bob has been a homer, which is great. I love listening to him call our games. I haven't really listened to much radio over the years, so I think of Bob instead of Holman when I think of Hawks broadcasters. Plus, it's hard not to have some excitement show when you are rolling like we are.

Side note, does anybody remember when he used to call Braves games? He is 1000X better with basketball.

Bob deserves this as do us fans, imagine calling a 13 win season, ppppeeewww!!!

He is kind of a bitch on twitter though. I made one negative tweet about Ferry in the off season and he blocked me. Seriously, one tweet. lol

But it's to be expected for a homer.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

He is kind of a bitch on twitter though. I made one negative tweet about Ferry in the off season and he blocked me. Seriously, one tweet. lol

But it's to be expected for a homer.

I wouldn't call him a bitch... Little harsh. Why follow him in the first place?