• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MVP Teague Chants!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I love it too... But let's take a few steps back. JT is not the best player in the East. He's part of a great system, with guys that don't care... He doesn't either. Stats mean nothing.

How many MVPs does Duncan Have?

WAIT! Not sure if Teague should even be considered for the honor, but when is the last time a Hawks player got an MVP chant? Who? What year?

Did JJ get one the year we won 53 games? Otherwise would it be Dominique the year he was traded?

Same thing I was thinking. I'd consider Korver and Horford for MVP chants. 

As I've stated for years now, the days of hearing 'MVP!' chants for the opposing player will end when our team is a viable enough product. When you're a fringe playoff team whose been bereft of a star player for the last two decades, casual fans will look for any player on the court who looks like a star, especially in a transient town like ours. But when you're 34-8 and have spent the latest part of the season beating on 'better' teams around the league, even casual fans have to take stock.

This isn't the Nique teams where everyone handed him the ball and ran for cover as he went 1 on 5 with the shotclock winding down. It isn't Lenny ball where folks fell asleep to 79-75 scores. Nor are fans pulling their hair out watching Osh hoist one 24-foot brick after the next as Al does his best not to rip a coronary and LD stands with a confused look on his face. The folks on this board has believed for awhile now and finally, the fans outside of this board is taking notice. This...feels...different... 

• Like 1

WAIT! Not sure if Teague should even be considered for the honor, but when is the last time a Hawks player got an MVP chant? Who? What year?

Did JJ get one the year we won 53 games? Otherwise would it be Dominique the year he was traded?

There was actually a recent article about the MVP race and the author had Teague in 3rd place behind Curry and Harden.  I believe it was on NBA.com. 

There was actually a recent article about the MVP race and the author had Teague in 3rd place behind Curry and Harden.  I believe it was on NBA.com. 

Please post this article whenever you find it.