• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TNT guys says bulls are the team to beat in the East

gsuteke

Cleveland is not winning the east this season. They're 12 games back.... lol

People think Cleveland is going to make up 12 games in the standings?

Really, I'm hearing the same comments about GS.... That they haven't got out of the 2nd round yet.

It makes me alittle uneasy that Chicago and Cleveland seem to be getting it together because they will probably beat the Hawks IF they make their energy.

• Like 2

Bulls seem to have a nasty habit under Thibodeau of overexerting their starters in the regular season, with them either injuring themselves or running out of gas during the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler, averaging the most minutes this season close to 40.   Was near the top in minutes last year too.  He has not been the defender he once was because of this.

Now Gasol is playing 36 minutes a game... that too is unsustainable.  

These guys will yet again be worn out come April.  They will not be able to keep up with our ball movement and fast breaks even if they got to us.

That's what happens when you don't play team ball, but insist on a "go-to" guy!

• Like 1

Bulls seem to have a nasty habit under Thibodeau of overexerting their starters in the regular season, with them either injuring themselves or running out of gas during the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler, averaging the most minutes this season close to 40. Was near the top in minutes last year too. He has not been the defender he once was because of this.

Now Gasol is playing 36 minutes a game... that too is unsustainable.

These guys will yet again be worn out come April. They will not be able to keep up with our ball movement and fast breaks even if they got to us.

I wish those numbskulls over at TNT would understand this. Just because you win a game against an aging Spurs team doesn't automatically qualify you for being the number one team in the east. And besides, their once championship level defense has sunken to mediocre at best.

• Like 2

Cleveland is not winning the east this season. They're 12 games back.... lol

People think Cleveland is going to make up 12 games in the standings?

Really, I'm hearing the same comments about GS.... That they haven't got out of the 2nd round yet.

It makes me alittle uneasy that Chicago and Cleveland seem to be getting it together because they will probably beat the Hawks IF they make their energy.

I hope they find "their energy"  They still won't have anything for us.

I believe we will have to play Cleveland in the playoffs this year, whether ECF or the semis.  LeBron seems to have regained his athleticism during all those games he sat out, and they seem to be benefitting from the roster additions they made.  I'm thinking they will end up the two or three seed and we will see them in the conference finals.

But as San Antonio showed last year, he can't beat an actual team playing unselfishly at the highest level by himself.  He will get his 28/8/8 against us, but the rest of their roster is green and their two so called stars have never even played in the postseason, let alone made a deep run.  We can frustrate them into bad shots and demoralize them on the other end with our ball movement the way the Spurs did to the Heat.  I think we would win that series in 5 or 6 games at most.

• Like 1

They have better players if healthy. 

Player, perhaps.  Of course no one is in LeBron's class on this team.  There really isn't anyone in the league that is.  Even though he won't win MVP he's still the undisputed best player.

But after that?  Well, Irving has proven to still be a me first guy who would rather shoot than pass and at best is a very inconsistent defender.  Teague has taken a leap in ability while completely buying into the team ball concept, which is why he has many more assists.  And when he does shoot, he actually has a higher TS% than Irving!  Teague is also a much craftier defender and a pest in the passing lanes.  I would take Jeff over Irving without a second thought.

And as for Kevin Love?  He is a one way player who pads his rebounding stats night after night.  And he's having his worst shooting season now since he's been in the league, save for that season he only played 18 games.  What he will get you on the offensive end will almost be undone by his bottom tier defense.  Millsap and Horford are making much bigger impacts these days than Love.

And Kyle versus JR Smith... is that even a discussion?  Certainly not in my mind.  Moreover, our bench is filled with impact players still while theirs features players who would not even crack our 12 man rotation.

• Like 1

I'm not even going to worry about it right now. Let's take our team, put them against them, and see how things shake out.

I've never been more confident in this team coming through in the clutch than right now. Together, Thibs, Wittman, Blatt, and Casey have led one more team to the ECFs than I have. So let the experts and analysts continue slurping on their favorites while using everything under the sun to write or team off. As long as they are healthy, we'll be ready to dance....

They have better players if healthy. 

Team > individuals.

As seen throughout this year.

and I would disagree on them having better players.  Teague is better than either PG.  I will take our remaining starting 4 over Chicago and Cleveland and then you have the bench.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

Player, perhaps.  Of course no one is in LeBron's class on this team.  There really isn't anyone in the league that is.  Even though he won't win MVP he's still the undisputed best player.

But after that?  Well, Irving has proven to still be a me first guy who would rather shoot than pass and at best is a very inconsistent defender.  Teague has taken a leap in ability while completely buying into the team ball concept, which is why he has many more assists.  And when he does shoot, he actually has a higher TS% than Irving!  Teague is also a much craftier defender and a pest in the passing lanes.  I would take Jeff over Irving without a second thought.

And as for Kevin Love?  He is a one way player who pads his rebounding stats night after night.  And he's having his worst shooting season now since he's been in the league, save for that season he only played 18 games.  What he will get you on the offensive end will almost be undone by his bottom tier defense.  Millsap and Horford are making much bigger impacts these days than Love.

And Kyle versus JR Smith... is that even a discussion?  Certainly not in my mind.  Moreover, our bench is filled with impact players still while theirs features players who would not even crack our 12 man rotation.

I was more talking about the Bulls....

However, Shumpert will start and perhaps try to slow Kyle down. Outside of last year, Kyle hasn't been that good in the playoffs over the years. Thompsons athletic ability and rebounding will give the Hawks some trouble... Love is a 17/10 player and Timofey gives them some shot blocking inside. Ivring will be able to score with Lebron doing more of the ball handling duties. They have a more talented team on paper.