• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A View from the Other Side

curtmcgirt

Excellent.  Good to know that there is someone who "gets it."

Most everyone here knows that, right now, our Hawks live at

the corner of Easy Street and Got it Made Avanue.

GO TEAM ATL !!

• Like 2

Minnesota really has a great fanbase and some great writers and pundits that follow the team. I know I'm the only fan of the TWolves on here but I think an article like this is indicative of the quality.

Well the Hawks need an upgrade at beatwriter to match their success. Lol. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Damn, when I got to the line comparing our guys to Lilliard, Gasol, Blake, and Klay, I had to stop. Too much original thought. If an ESPN writer turned that article in to his editor, it would be trashed and him fired. I'll peep the rest when I have time, preciate it Soth.

It's a great feeling to know there are true basktball fans with a voice and operating brain cells becoming fans of this squad. You would think after seeing the Bulls stink it up yet again versus a sub .500 team the pundits would be off the bandwagon but no. When they're eliminated earlier than all the "experts" thought they'll just look for a scapegoat becuase they couldn't have been wrong, right? "But on paper they were so big up front and they have a former MVP, right? Why aren't they winning, God!!!!"

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Jeff Teague has to be the best value in the NBA that isn't on a rookie contract. But this is also the scary part. It's hard to find 4 guys as good as Teague/Korver/Millsap/Horford and have them all on bargain contracts.

It's very easy for me to say but I think part of the Spurs culture is to shun "richness". Bud tries to enrich guys' lives as much as possible off the court so they realize life isn't about spending on luxuries and hangers-on or being a mogul. I think they really impress upon the guys that even if you make the league minimum, you're still in the Top 1% of earners worldwide just for playing a freaking game. It gives them perspective and humility instead of trusting some slimy agent to squeeze every penny out of an owner for a contract you may not even be worthy of at the end of it all.

Tim doesn't seem to care that his career contemporary in KG has made well over $90 million more. With the entourage KG has with no education, don't be surprised in 10 years if he's a sad riches to rags story while Timmy has car dealerships and paintball galleries all over Texas in addition to having whatever executive or administrative position he pleases with the Spurs. Succeeding in a team game is something Spurs/Hawks guys value over buying Rolls Royces and buying out strip clubs just because they got their numbers up in a contract year.

All of these guys besides Kyle will get exactly what they deserve when the time comes after they prove what they're in the process of proving and be totally content being a part of this program. I mean the rest of the NBA isn't looking too attractive to the situation they're in right now is it? Can you imagine all the "ladies" throwing themselves at Al, Thabo, and Kyle right now? (@jaybird, I assume these are the most handsome Hawks, right?)

Edited by benhillboy

Minnesota really has a great fanbase and some great writers and pundits that follow the team. I know I'm the only fan of the TWolves on here but I think an article like this is indicative of the quality.

I've been following zach harper @talkhoops for years, guy is usually on point.

• Like 1

Why doesn't your 6 yr old have an account on Hawksquawk then... oh wait @Spud2Nique does have an account :)

Haha what'd I do? I only act like a 6 year old when I'm ...

1. Drunk

2. Tired

3. Annoyed

4. After a large meal

5. When boobies are mentioned

The other 3% of the time I'm mature.

"But if you do know what you're looking for, then you'd see Paul Millsap has been playing at the level he is this season basically since 2008. Atlanta saw that, and because they did and no one else didn't, they were able to sign him without competition for half the market price."

This reminds me of an amazing quote:

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Ferry hit that target no one else could see. pilot.gif

Edited by MCVicious
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

This reminds me of an amazing quote:

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Ferry hit that target no one else could see. pilot.gif

Everyone criticized Ferry because he wasn't following any of the supposed tried and true "models" of team building. Instead the dude focused on making the best and smartest decision's possible. I always agreed with his approach and I'm happy it has worked out better than anyone could have anticipated. A dream come true for us Hawk's fans.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Everyone criticized Ferry because he wasn't following any of the supposed tried and true "models" of team building. Instead the dude focused on making the best and smartest decision's possible. I always agreed with his approach and I'm happy it has worked out better than anyone could have anticipated. A dream come true for us Hawk's fans.

There were many, not just a few, who said we should have signed Al Jefferson instead of Sap, Should have traded Al,  shouldn't have matched for Teague, overpaid for Korver.     But let's face it, I'm not sure anyone envisioned this working so well.

• Like 1

There were many, not just a few, who said we should have signed Al Jefferson instead of Sap, Should have traded Al, shouldn't have matched for Teague, overpaid for Korver. But let's face it, I'm not sure anyone envisioned this working so well.

Agreed I thought they'd have a good team because if pros like Sap, Al and Korver, but this has exceeded my expectations ...and I'm lovin it.