• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pelicans

lethalweapon3

I want DeMarre to chill until Friday when we need him at his absolute best. He was excited about his "fresh legs" when he came back from the Bud-ordered sit out. Conversely, Millsap almost sounded genuinely mad about his poor rhythym when he came back, but he does have a weird sarcastic tone.

I think we wrongly assume this team always falls in line with whatever Bud says because things are going damn near perfectly. I'd love to see a clash here or there like Carlisle and Rondo, or maybe I'm just getting bored.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Man, I really wish Anthony Davis wasn't activated.  Don't you agree, lw3?

I dunno about that! I've had my fill of "Hawks only won cuz" excuses from other teams' fans when their key players don't play. Not that they're the only two options, but I'd rather the Hawks lose with AD on the floor than win with him riding the proverbial pine. Worst-case would be he doesn't play and the Hawks lose, or win by a close shave.

~lw3

They look dead tired. Teague has no legs on his shot

Teague has looked like this for the past 2 weeks. Anthony Davis is making a world of difference out there changing shots at the rim. The Pels are pretty hot right now and they'll cool off some but this is gonna be a tough W to pull out tonight. 

Did the Hawks not get the scouting report on Tyreke Evans? MAKE HIM SHOOT OUTSIDE!!! He drives to the hole really well but can't shoot outside..Davis is a freakin beast. What a putback dunk..geez.

Hopefully bud chews some butt at halftime. We look rough.

On a side note, I have the NO announcers tonight and they are quite good. They know a lot about the Hawks, even bazemore's crazy wingspan.

Yea, I wanted to hate them, but I ended up thinking they were pretty  knowledgeable. 

Will still probably switch to ballstreams for the Hawks broadcast in the 2nd though.