• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My one RANT from the Pelican game.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bob Pettit is no longer an Atlanta Hawks Legend.

Not an Atlanta Hawks Legend.  He can be a St. Louis Hawks Legend but he made it clear that he did not care about Atlanta.

Listening to Petit and those HOMERS call the game last night made the loss even worse.  It was like losing the support of your grandfather I guess.  From Now on, NIQUE is the #1 Atlanta Hawks Legend and Bob Petit is not to be mentioned.  Openly rooted against US!!

• Like 3

Bob Rathbun is the one forcing that down everyone throat.

You may be right, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to Petitt's interview on the Pelicans broadcast during which he was indeed rooting against us. Said he's a Pels season ticket holder too.

• Moderators

I care about him.  He is a legend for the franchise.  I care about Pettit, Lou Hudson's Stl years, Lenny Wilkins, and other Hawks for the franchise's history.  

He is a great, great player.  Can't comment on his role on the telecast since I didn't hear it.

• Like 1

I care about him.  He is a legend for the franchise.  I care about Pettit, Lou Hudson's Stl years, Lenny Wilkins, and other Hawks for the franchise's history.  

He is a great, great player.  Can't comment on his role on the telecast since I didn't hear it.

So you're saying you've got a thing for old guys?? 

• Moderators

Always thought it funny that Atlanta claimed Pettit as one of our own when he in fact never played for us.  Rasheed Wallace is more of an Atlanta Hawk than Pettit is.  It's kinda like when the OKC Thunder invited Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp to be honored and they turned them down.  I have no problem with Pettit being a homer and rooting for the Pellies other than we're talking New Orleans here.  Nique is our legend.

• Like 2

Always thought it funny that Atlanta claimed Pettit as one of our own when he in fact never played for us.  Rasheed Wallace is more of an Atlanta Hawk than Pettit is.  It's kinda like when the OKC Thunder invited Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp to be honored and they turned them down.  I have no problem with Pettit being a homer and rooting for the Pellies other than we're talking New Orleans here.  Nique is our legend.

100% cosign

Petit was NEVER an ATLANTA Hawk. Nique is an Atlanta Hawks legend not him!

• Like 1

Can all you level-headed folks kindly exit the thread?  This is clearly an outrage thread to vent anger over the loss and the end of the streak.  Old Man Pettit is merely collateral damage.

Can y'all let us have this one for once?

Edited by kg01

• Moderators

If this team moved tomorrow to an area with no team currently, I would expect Nique would get serious respect from the fanbase as a Hawks legend even though he didn't play there.

• Like 2