• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have some serious concerns about this team

NBASupes

I think teams have learned that you have to play defense against us and to clog the passing lanes.  Pellies also did well clogging the lane and kept Teague/Schröder in check.

Our Hawks are going to have to evolve to become better and I believe it starts with our big guys.  We need more shots in the paint.  We need to attack these stars for other teams and get them in foul trouble.  Too many times we settle for long shots.  Outside of Teague, Schröder, and Bazemore, we have problems getting to the hoop.

That's basically what I've been saying, but it makes me the bad guy when I point it out.

• Like 1

That's basically what I've been saying, but it makes me the bad guy when I point it out.

Well in all fairness for most people seeing you be negative it's like anticipating Ted Bundy is gonna kill a girl when you see him with a cute co-ed. 

Your reputation precedes you.

You aren't far behind him Mr Negative! :saythat:

• Like 3

It has been a long time since Arvidas has hear a woman say that!

5ed8f5a1966c5a75a6f15175299dd7ec.jpg

He's not your vidas...he's not my vidas...he's

ARVIDAS..:-)-Craig Kil

Ps I haven't seen Yinka Dare for a minute..that foo dropped dimes on em...(green font)...:-|

We could use a third big man, but that wasn't the problem.  The  ball movement the past two games has been lacking compared to what it had been, teague and millsap have both shot way below average and the energy just hasn't been there....I think the streak and all the sudden attention thrust on a team that had been under the radar for years took a physical and mental toll (plus a back to back and games against washington and golden state coming up) just added up to a lacklustre game.  I fully expect the hawks to look motivated and reenergized against the wizards. 

Well in all fairness for most people seeing you be negative it's like anticipating Ted Bundy is gonna kill a girl when you see him with a cute co-ed. 

You aren't far behind him Mr Negative! saythat.gif

Well, I'm not going to put the blinders on.

The Hawks took the league by storm for 2 months, but teams have adjusted to the Hawks and so the element of surprise is no longer in play. Does that mean they will slide like Indy did last year? I don't think they will.

Moreover, I understand there are factors that lead to the hawks lackluster play as of late..... 17 games in 30 nights is a big deal, but the pressure of the streak also became a burden. I don't think the players will admit it, but it had to have some effect. Even if the players say that they didn't think about the streak... It still caused other teams to up their game in an effort to end the streak.

I don't think the Hawks can beat Lebron in a 7 games series at this point. I was hoping that trade wouldn't work out for them, but it has. The thing is that Love has been shooting 37% since their winning streak started... So, they're already streaking with Love playing poorly. 

The Hawks will have to double Lebron in the playoffs or he will eat Carroll alive... And the problem is that Lebron has shooters now. Which he did not have at the start of the season.

• Like 2

• Moderators

So are you guys starting to understand the fair weather fan syndrome here in Hotlanta um I mean Atlanta?  No pun intended!

Not remotely.  Hotlanta was on here as a dedicated fan during the 13 win season.  He raised his concerns during the last 5 or 6 games of the win streak.  He is on the negative side of the bell curve of fans but is in no way a fair weather fan.  Consider this your second warning that we aren't playing the game of judging people's fanhood on here.

@Dolfan23

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@lethalweapon3

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So you guys don't find it highly unusual that the minute the team loses one game, the supporters of the team makes up stuff like the team can't defend because they aren't big enough or Milsap and Horford can't play together or we don't take shots in the paint? How do you explain it then?

• Moderators

So you guys don't find it highly unusual that the minute the team loses one game, the supporters of the team makes up stuff like the team can't defend because they aren't big enough or Milsap and Horford can't play together or we don't take shots in the paint? How do you explain it then?

I find it amazing that after being warned about not calling out people on their fanhood that you continue to take shots at people like Hotlanta.  That isn't going to continue on here one way or another so it is up to you.  

Argue the merits of his criticism all day but don't start taking shots at him not being a real fan.  

@Dolfan23

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@lethalweapon3

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I find it amazing that after being warned about not calling out people on their fanhood that you continue to take shots at people like Hotlanta.  That isn't going to continue on here one way or another so it is up to you.  

Argue the merits of his criticism all day but don't start taking shots at him not being a real fan.  

@Dolfan23

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@lethalweapon3

What makes you think that I was taking a shot at Hotlanta?

• Moderators

@Dolfan23

@PSSSHHHRRR87

@lethalweapon3

Hots may be negative more times than not and the timing may make it look like he is just looking for reasons to nay say, but his arguments are not unwarranted, especially of late.  He isn't making false claims or saying anything out of basis.  He also has been active in chat, so it's not like he just lays in the weeds waiting to strike.  They are his opinions and he has a right to that.  We have one rule on the Squawk and one rule only - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.  Permission to ban on sight.

• Like 1

I've been somewhat critical since the Minnesota game.

This team is going to score points on the offensive end. Teams have adjusted to this team to some degree, but they're not going to shutdown the hawks offense every night. This teams ability to play defense night in and night out is another matter.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I've been somewhat critical since the Minnesota game.

This team is going to score points on the offensive end. Teams have adjusted to this team to some degree, but they're not going to shutdown the offense every night. This teams ability to play defense night in and night out is another matter.

The team has appeared tired for weeks now...They are in desperate need of this all star break.  I was kinda disappointed that so many Hawks made the all star team to be honest.  I would have preferred that they got the 2 weeks off to rest.

The team has appeared tired for weeks now...They are in desperate need of this all star break.  I was kinda disappointed that so many Hawks made the all star team to be honest.  I would have preferred that they got the 2 weeks off to rest.

I addressed that a few posts back.

That's part of the deal. They have to play all out to have some decent defense because this team is not built to do it any other way.

If this team is fatigued now, what's going to happen when the playoffs roll around?

Honestly, I've been thinking that there maybe should be a 2 or 3 week break any mid season. If the league is not going to make the season shorter, that could be another option.

• Like 1