• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have some serious concerns about this team

NBASupes

• Moderators

Someone attacked you in this thread but no threats where issued to that person...So shouldn't rules apply to everyone?

I reviewed this thread and I did not see the instance you speak of... If you're speaking about Dolf calling me Mr Negative, then you don't know sarcasm.  Now if @Dolfan23 would have called out my fanhood or tried to drive me from the site, the Squawk would have a new administrator tomorrow. grin.gif

Point is, it does not matter what anybody says on the Squawk, but everyone has a right to say it.  Some fans are more critical than others and some people are okay being blind homers.  It is not of anyone's place to criticize someone for their opinion or words.  This is a forum and a place to talk about the Hawks.  It's barbershop talk, so talk about the Hawks, argue points that others have made, but leave personal criticisms and calling members out at the curbside.

And if a mod tells ya to cut it out again, then do so or your going to be talking about the Hawks only on RealGM.  As I said, ban on sight for personal attacks.  This thread is on the brink of being locked.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not going to put the blinders on.

The Hawks took the league by storm for 2 months, but teams have adjusted to the Hawks and so the element of surprise is no longer in play. Does that mean they will slide like Indy did last year? I don't think they will.

Moreover, I understand there are factors that lead to the hawks lackluster play as of late..... 17 games in 30 nights is a big deal, but the pressure of the streak also became a burden. I don't think the players will admit it, but it had to have some effect. Even if the players say that they didn't think about the streak... It still caused other teams to up their game in an effort to end the streak.

I don't think the Hawks can beat Lebron in a 7 games series at this point. I was hoping that trade wouldn't work out for them, but it has. The thing is that Love has been shooting 37% since their winning streak started... So, they're already streaking with Love playing poorly. 

The Hawks will have to double Lebron in the playoffs or he will eat Carroll alive... And the problem is that Lebron has shooters now. Which he did not have at the start of the season.

Millsap and Horford will do the same to Love.  Cleveland's defense is still no match for our offense.  Guys like Irving, Smith, Love and even Lebron himself are not disciplined enough to chase our movement around with out mental lapses or lack of effort.  

We will do just fine against the Cavs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And if a mod tells ya to cut it out again, then do so or your going to be talking about the Hawks only on RealGM.  As I said, ban on sight for personal attacks.  This thread is on the brink of being locked.

Man...I'm almost expecting Charlese Theron to make an appearance soon with the "call me Fair weather fan one more time" line  LOL!

Edited by Peoriabird

Millsap and Horford will do the same to Love.  Cleveland's defense is still no match for our offense.  Guys like Irving, Smith, Love and even Lebron himself are not disciplined enough to chase our movement around with out mental lapses or lack of effort.  

We will do just fine against the Cavs.

Tristan Thompson could play a major role in a series against the Cavs.

Back to the fatigue problem.

This team took what the Spurs did in the finals last year and they did it for a 2 month stretch. They burned themselves out by doing so.

This team took what the Spurs did in the finals last year and they did it for a 2 month stretch. They burned themselves out by doing so.

They are in trouble if they expect Tristan to be their savior.  He is mediocre at everything outside of rebounding. 

We can play with half effort in the 2nd half of the season and keep the 1 seed.  We will be fine come playoff time as long as we are healthy.

Edited by JETSET

Maybe. The fact that we can do it period says a lot I think. The Hawks will hold onto the number 1 seed (pretty easily IMO) and that goes a long way. The Cavs are the only team I fear (said it before the season), so I agree that they'll be an issue but I think we can handle them. Should be a hell of a series.

Maybe. The fact that we can do it period says a lot I think. The Hawks will hold onto the number 1 seed (pretty easily IMO) and that goes a long way. The Cavs are the only team I fear (said it before the season), so I agree that they'll be an issue but I think we can handle them. Should be a hell of a series.

I suspect they will hold to 1st seed also. Cleveland is too far behind and Toronto, Chicago or Washington is not good enough right now to take it.

They are in trouble if they expect Tristan to be their savior.  He is mediocre at everything outside of rebounding. 

We can play with half effort in the 2nd half of the season and keep the 1 seed.  We will be fine come playoff time as long as we are healthy.

The problem is that athletic ability and rebounding will probably give the Hawks problems in the playoffs.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

My concern is Jenkins...listed at 6-4...plays 6-2...doesn't "fit" our perimeter defensive scheme.  I realize the guy needs a chance after injuries but I don't think he was ever going to fit in - reminds me of a poor man's "Stinger" (Mike Glenn) - can shoot but not quite fast enough or tall enough or athletic enough to be a real player in big games.

Defensive liability.

The problem is that athletic ability and rebounding will probably give the Hawks problems in the playoffs.

and our offense will definitely give the Cavs problems in the playoffs.  That team is full of lazy defenders.  Shumpert and Mozgov will not miracuously save that defense.  Lebron is a good defender at points but he doesn't give full effort throughout a game.  He takes plays off and Irving and Love do the same while being poor defenders even when they are trying.

• Like 1

and our offense will definitely give the Cavs problems in the playoffs.  That team is full of lazy defenders.  Shumpert and Mozgov will not miracuously save that defense.  Lebron is a good defender at points but he doesn't give full effort throughout a game.  He takes plays off and Irving and Love do the same while being poor defenders even when they are trying.

Offenses slowdown in the playoffs and each possession becomes more important. Games are going to be tight and Lebron will be the only unstoppable player on the court.

Sorry, this team is not the Spurs. It's the K-mart version. I can't give them the edge.

• Like 1

Offenses slowdown in the playoffs and each possession becomes more important. Games are going to be tight and Lebron will be the only unstoppable player on the court.

Sorry, this team is not the Spurs. It's the K-mart version. I can't give them the edge.

This Cavs team is the K-Mart version of the Heat championship teams so it looks like things are even. 

• Like 1

. Games are going to be tight and Lebron will be the only unstoppable player on the court....

Is LeBron really going to be unstoppable now that he is off the juice/HGH and has lost 30 pounds of muscle?  I don't know.  Unless he gets "super-star" calls all the time I think his loss of physical superiority makes him just a very good player.

Edited by DJlaysitup

My thing about adding a 3rd big on the team is that I simply don't trust Pero Antić to do the dirty work while he's in the game. Maybe a guy like Brand will get more playing time than him in a tough playoff series, but even he can't play on a nightly basis.

The two weaknesses on this team has to do with rebounding and length. It doesn't show its ugly head until we have an off shooting night or play a talented frontline. But when it does show up, it's a glaring issue with this team.

It's nothing to be overly concerned about right at this moment, but when games slow down during playoff time, it could really show up. We need to be able to possibly match up against any team we play against.

To add another person on the roster, someone has to be traded or cut. Jenkins is the prime candidate. The only other expendable people on the roster are Muscala and Mack.

What people may need to realize is that this may be our one and ONLY shot at winning a title.

Barring some catastrophic collapse in the next 33 games, this team is going to win 60+ games, get the #1 seed, and post the best record in franchise history. But all of that will mean nothing if we run into a team in the playoffs that could exploit our weaknesses.

Playoffs are all about matchups. The Hawks would do themselves well if they tried to patch up any potential cracks in the armor. Adding one player with some length and rebounding ability could really do Horford and Millsap a lot of good on both ends of the floor. And it may be the difference in the Hawks being beat in the 2nd round ... or winning a championship.

Jenkins, for his regular IQ and shooting skills, it's a shock he is not a movement player. He doesn't make the right cuts or even screen. To be frank, he's worse than Baze at it and that's a problem because Baze is average at best at off ball movement. His BBIQ is average to say the least and he doesn't take advantages of his strengths. Jenkins is done, he simply doesn't fit. 

As for rebounding, we team rebound so it's not as big of an issue to me. The issue is frontcourt defense. We can't defend quality PF's with Sap and Horford struggles with athletic and skilled true centers. On the positive, Antić can defend true centers but is totally unreliable on offense. 

How many teams have actually dominated us inside? 

Detroit with Drummond/Monroe

Deandre Jordan has while Griffin has been shutdown other than his bogus gifted FTs from the refs

N.O. dominated us on Monday but we held our own in the first meeting. 

We have only struggled against the absolute biggest frontlines in the league and there won't be many of these in the Eastern playoffs.  Detroit isn't good enough to beat us in a 7 game series even if they do dominate the boards and get scoring from Monroe/Drummond.  Chicago is the only other team with a big frontline and they don't have a player who absolutely towers over us like Drummond or Jordan do.

• Moderators

Everyone is being too quick to say the Cavs have it figured out.   People want to downplay the Hawk's 19-0?  

The Cavs have won 11 straight.  

7 home games

Only 3 of the 11 were against teams over .500

Sure they aren't imploding anymore but they still have a lot to prove before we go ahead and crown them.