• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: Adreian Payne traded to T-Wolves for 2017 1st (lottery proteected 2017-2020)

Admin

I'm not thinking this upcoming season but the next.

I could definitely see them in the playoffs that year.

What I wonder though is what their coaching situation will look like.  It looked like the plan was for Flip to coach for a year or two then fade back into the front office.  Even before he got sick I didn't think he'd be the coach by then.

Yes, it's the 2016-17 season and I think they are almost a lock to make the playoffs that year. Blazers will slide for sure and who knows if OKC will have either KD or Russ. Memphis will be a year older, same with Chris Paul, the engine of the Clipps. I think Minny is in as a 5-8 seed that year.

Trade is looking good, at the same time I don't have the energy to root for another franchise as I did the downfall of the Nets and it just sucked the energy out of me.

I could definitely see them in the playoffs that year.

What I wonder though is what their coaching situation will look like. It looked like the plan was for Flip to coach for a year or two then fade back into the front office. Even before he got sick I didn't think he'd be the coach by then.

They hired Sam Mitchell, so I think he takes over.

They hired Sam Mitchell, so I think he takes over.

I love Sam Mitchell. I think he's a great teacher of the game. Mentored KG, (not lil @kg) and guided a young Raptors club to success. Not to mention being on some really good Pacer clubs in the early 90's. I liked him on NBATV as an analyst as well, very insightful.

Yes, it's the 2016-17 season and I think they are almost a lock to make the playoffs that year. Blazers will slide for sure and who knows if OKC will have either KD or Russ. Memphis will be a year older, same with Chris Paul, the engine of the Clipps. I think Minny is in as a 5-8 seed that year.

Trade is looking good, at the same time I don't have the energy to root for another franchise as I did the downfall of the Nets and it just sucked the energy out of me.

Its lottery protected for 3 years before it becomes a second round pick. As long as they are healthy, the t-wolves should have no problem making the playoffs one year out of the 3. They should land another high pick this year and they will have a great young core with Wiggins, towns and their next pick. Add in nice rotation guys like Rubio, dieng, shabazz, lavine and you have a playoff caliber team if they fulfill their potential.

Its lottery protected for 3 years before it becomes a second round pick. As long as they are healthy, the t-wolves should have no problem making the playoffs one year out of the 3. They should land another high pick this year and they will have a great young core with Wiggins, towns and their next pick. Add in nice rotation guys like Rubio, dieng, shabazz, lavine and you have a playoff caliber team if they fulfill their potential.

That's what I said, booby traps.

BTW it's a first round pick not second.

Edited by Spud2Nique

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the T-Wolves make a 7 or 8 seed this year. Those last two playoff seeds are a function of luck and health in the NBA, especially in the highly competitive West.

Not sure what the Hawks will do with an other pick in the mid-teens, but it is an asset.

That's what I said, booby traps.

BTW it's a first round pick not second.

Its a first round pick if it's conveyed in those first 3 years (so the t-wolves need to make the playoffs in one of those years). If they fail to do so, the pick becomes a second round pick

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the T-Wolves make a 7 or 8 seed this year. Those last two playoff seeds are a function of luck and health in the NBA, especially in the highly competitive West.

Not sure what the Hawks will do with an other pick in the mid-teens, but it is an asset.

I think the pelicans are a lock for one of those as long as Davis stays healthy. I say the kings get the 8th spot.

Its a first round pick if it's conveyed in those first 3 years (so the t-wolves need to make the playoffs in one of those years). If they fail to do so, the pick becomes a second round pick

It actually becomes two 2nd rounders, both 2020 and 2021 from the Wolves.  Under the worst case scenario the Hawks currently own two 2nd rounders from WAS (2016, 2019), 1 from MIA (2017), 1 from BK (2017), then the MIN selections while owing SA the team's own 2017 2nd. 

• Like 1

I think the pelicans are a lock for one of those as long as Davis stays healthy. I say the kings get the 8th spot.

I agree. I'd be VERY surprised if the Pelicans missed the playoffs if everyone is healthy.

• Premium Member

Not sure what the Hawks will do with an other pick in the mid-teens, but it is an asset.

The West is not the East.   Think about the teams:

Golden State, Houston, OKC, LAC, San Antonio those 5 teams have locks in the playoffs.

3 Slots left.

Then there's Memphis, New Orleans, Portland, and Phoenix.

I don't know if Minny is better than any of these teams.

• Premium Member

I don't see the Wolves making the playoffs this season. Next season, though, should be the year.

They have a very exciting young team up there in Minny. I think their success hinges on Rubio's health and development of a consistent outside shot though.

• Like 1