• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns' coming fire sale?

CBAreject

So Dragic tells the Suns he's not going to sign.  They are now furiously trying to trade him. They seem to feel they will miss the playoffs with the roster they have and they won't be able to keep it together in the offseason anyway.

Can we get Goran Dragic or Brendan Wright from the Suns?

• Premium Member

I think there's a place for a combo guard like Dragic on the roster and in the rotation, but at 7.5m, he'd cost us more than I think he'd net out to be worth.

And I don't think we can get Wright at this point--his trade from the C's went down too late for him to be re-traded this season if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, I'm talking 2-guard to back up Korver.  Dragic is a better pure shooter than Schröder and a better defender than Ray Allen. 

But he's supposedly demanding a trade because he wants to be the man.  That won't fly here.

Plus his alleged list is LAL, NYK and MIA so I think it's clear winning isn't high on his list.

• Moderators

But he's supposedly demanding a trade because he wants to be the man.  That won't fly here.

Plus his alleged list is LAL, NYK and MIA so I think it's clear winning isn't high on his list.

Lakers, Knicks, Heat is everyone's friggin list even though all three now suck.   But I'm guessing he's looking more at who needs a PG right?   Isn't that what he wants?

Mike Scott and pick for Dragic? Now hear me out. I like Scott a whole lot. But this gives us the chance to get Moose on the court, while also adding some fire power to the back court. Moose will improve our defense and rebounding at the 4 spot from Scott. 

Edited by Afro

Well, I think the problem may be that he sees no future for himself in PHX.  Isaiah Thomas and Eric Bledsoe are going nowhere, or at least not both of them.  Would Dragic be willing to come in as supporting cast in ATL to make a run at a championship, knowing he could go be a team's primary #1 next year and beyond?  I guess we'd have to talk to him about that.

Well, I think the problem may be that he sees no future for himself in PHX. Isaiah Thomas and Eric Bledsoe are going nowhere, or at least not both of them. Would Dragic be willing to come in as supporting cast in ATL to make a run at a championship, knowing he could go be a team's primary #1 next year and beyond? I guess we'd have to talk to him about that.

Teague is our #1 PG.

What Duffy has been able to do is create a demand on the market for Dragic now, rather than waiting for free agency, with the intent to drive up the trade cost to acquire him, thus escalating the commitment to retain his services this summer. The message is clear: If you intend to trade for Dragic, be prepared to pay him. ESPN.com

Phoenix Suns, Trade, Goran Dragic 

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.vxOAjykZ.dpuf