• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Bucks

lethalweapon3

Great game!  Here I am in my blue Hawks sweatshirt caught on TV while I'm posting to Hawksquawk on my phone! grin.gif 

Amazing defensive intensity from the guys in the first half.  It really is a different game when you're this close (courtside seats).  Our players move sooooo quickly on defense.  They are so focused on what is happening away from the ball.  They are always anticipating one or two moves ahead.  

Coach Bud and his assistants are constantly talking to the players on the bench and teaching throughout the entire game.  

The bench players (whoever is not in the game) are talking to each other about the game action.  They are cheering what is going on.  Very intense just watching them, much less the game.  

Al is always talking to Bud during the game when he's on the court by the Hawks bench, often telling coach "We got this.  It's okay."  Or making suggestions about when to sub a guy or not.  Thabo was also pretty much an assistant coach throughout the game talking to players on the bench.  

Pero looks like his confidence is way down but the guys were encouraging him all the while.  Bazemore is very into the game on the bench - almost studious while he's not in.  None of the players are relaxed and zoning out at all.  Totally into the game at all times while they're on the bench.  

Al is much more physical under the basket than it appears on TV.  Muscling the hell out of guys. Bazemore, Milsap, Korver, and Dennis drive people crazy on defense by routinely cutting off their lanes and poking at the ball.  

So much fun observing all the little things up close.  Try it if you ever get the chance.  Very different perspective.  

post-743-0-66791600-1424655899_thumb.jpg

Great game! Here I am in my blue Hawks sweatshirt caught on TV while I'm posting to Hawksquawk on my phone! grin.gif

Amazing defensive intensity from the guys in the first half. It really is a different game when you're this close (courtside seats). Our players move sooooo quickly on defense. They are so focused on what is happening away from the ball. They are always anticipating one or two moves ahead.

Coach Bud and his assistants are constantly talking to the players on the bench and teaching throughout the entire game.

The bench players (whoever is not in the game) are talking to each other about the game action. They are cheering what is going on. Very intense just watching them, much less the game.

Al is always talking to Bud during the game when he's on the court by the Hawks bench, often telling coach "We got this. It's okay." Or making suggestions about when to sub a guy or not. Thabo was also pretty much an assistant coach throughout the game talking to players on the bench.

Pero looks like his confidence is way down but the guys were encouraging him all the while. Bazemore is very into the game on the bench - almost studious while he's not in. None of the players are relaxed and zoning out at all. Totally into the game at all times while they're on the bench.

Al is much more physical under the basket than it appears on TV. Muscling the hell out of guys. Bazemore, Milsap, Korver, and Dennis drive people crazy on defense by routinely cutting off their lanes and poking at the ball.

So much fun observing all the little things up close. Try it if you ever get the chance. Very different perspective.

I always pay close attention to the bench at the games, too. Arguably the most focused group in the NBA. I've never noticed Al, though, maybe it's where I sit. Usually Coach Ham, Kyle, and Elton stick out to me. Bud has everyone's undivided attention at all times, and I did see Thabo coaching them up on defense. The smarter the guys on the team, the more communication you're gonna have. You gotta love that professionalism as a fan.

Those are the Hawks I know and love, back on the good foot. I don't care about the offense, as long as the defensive intensity is consistent I know they're favored to win. We forced a lot of turnovers and didn't allow a lot of penetration, still I'm counting down the days until Thabo returns.

It's always a team effort, but Sap was a beast of course, Baze is such an energizer, and what can you say about Dennis besides he's a gamer. Let's Go.

Shout out to Detroit for smashing Washington, too. I remain puzzled as to why Wittman is still a head coach, let alone of a talented team. Milwaukee is gonna leapfrog them and he'll still be there...

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I was working during the game so it was just score checking but I was very happy to see us get off the mat and grab another win.  We clearly aren't hitting our stride right now but if we can gut out wins like this when we are off that is the sign of a good team.

Also, a reminder that this was Milwaukee's first double-digit loss in roughly two-and-a-half months.

~lw3

Well damn, that would raise the eyebrows of even the Nancies (who we kidding, probably not). And you can't remind us of things we didn't know, Leath. It's called informing the masses, you know, the primary reason you're here.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The sportscenter sidebar had "Hawks squeak by Bucks" this morning lol. They cut it close in the third but we owned 2 pretty big leads in the game.

I think the "squeak" was more in reference to the toys that were given out to fans at the game.
  • Like 1

I think the "squeak" was more in reference to the toys that were given out to fans at the game.

I would hope the Association quickly outlaws that practice. I heard it during the radio broadcast, didn't think much of it. But then hearing it during the telecast I couldn't believe it. What clown in marketing came up with 5,000 squeaking ducks during a serious NBA game? Give that crap to Lakers fans.

• Premium Member

Ahhh, I hope so! They spent forever talking about Yankees spring training so I never saw the story. I watched at work without sound so luckily I missed all of that annoying noise.

Winning is always nice, but we shouln't forget about their big trade a few days before the game. They traded away one of their best players. One player they got wasn't playing and the other one didn't know the plays. The were very shorthanded at the point... So I don't care about their streaks before that trade...

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.  Not me.  Wish I had that much hair!  I'm the guy in the blue Hawks sweatshirt looking at my phone texting a message on Hawksquawk during the game.

post-743-0-73493400-1425997213_thumb.jpg

Edited by LongTimeFan