• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis and Teague

GrantElliott

They have a chance to be a very special PG duo. I want them to grow together for a long time. Dennis' offensive game is expanding equal to Jeff on defense, the sh@t is beautiful actually. I never want to hear them separated or compared ever again, you hear me!?!? (I joke)

• Like 4

Higher ceiling than Teague. He has the chance to develop into a 18-20 pts/10-12 assist guy and a perennial all star. He's very young. If he progresses, I see a Tony Parker/Rajon Rondo type guy. He's very young so he needs to focus on getting better each offseason and working hard.

Dennis over the last 14 games per 36min:

19.5 points

8.3 assits

3.2 rebounds

44%FG

43%3P

92%FT

Those are ELITE numbers.

That's an ELITE player. Gets to the rack at will, retards the opposing PGs ability to get to the rack at will. By season's end advanced metrics could consider him our MVP. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If he develops a better jump shot then I'd say yeah.  As of right now Teague is the better and smarter PG obv.  In 2/3 yrs he could be like Teague is now.

He has made a ton of progress in one year though. Last year I would cringe whenever he would take a jump shot, not so much this year. Him taking a jumper isn't your best offensive option but he has improved tremendously. 

• Moderators

There is no drop off when Teagues leaves for rest. We have hands down the best PG rotation in the NBA with Teague/Dennis/Mack.

...and I wish there was some way to get Mack more minutes, even if he only plays the first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd quarter. He has the most reliable jump shot of the three and plays great defense. Kinda reminds me of DMC in a point guard's body.

• Like 1

...and I wish there was some way to get Mack more minutes, even if he only plays the first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd quarter. He has the most reliable jump shot of the three and plays great defense. Kinda reminds me of DMC in a point guard's body.

I miss Mack a little too. He's so steady, strong dribble, always facing the basket, masterful at leverage and balance when taking his man off the dribble.

We clearly have the best injury insurance policy in the NBA with he, Money Mike, and Elton covering all 3 positions. For now he can sit back and witness Dennis' rapid incline and Jeff hold a steady AS level like the rest of us. He knows at the drop of a hat Bud will have him play the whole fourth quarter in a playoff game if he feels the urge.

Edited by benhillboy

Dennis is a key reason to why the Hawks are so good.  There is not much drop off when Teague leaves the games.  We are blessed.  Just think about all the crap guards we witnessed before these two.  

You hit that RIGHT on the button NOTR...Dennis's advancement has been stunning and has sure as hell "stunned" me.  Shooting advancement has been amazing.  So who cares who has the higher "ceiling".  They are both very talented.  I remember when we had 0.0 good PGs...now even our "emergency guy" (Mack) is OK.

Pretty wild.