Turning point of the game?  That's easy.  When J. Smoove told the

fans to be quiet!

Great to win another one.  Now, on to that other King James as this one

was under suspension.

We got ourselves a team!  No super star and we can't possibly win without

at least one.  Oh, well.

GO ATL !

• Like 3

Amazing comeback! Hawks were downed by 10, they still stayed together, kept on fighting and won the battle at the end. Just amazing!!! I really love the team chemistry in this team!!! The defense was superb in the 2nd half! Horford and Millsap defensive blocks in the 4th quarter were beast!

OH Smoove, you turd.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12417144/houston-rockets-forward-josh-smith-calls-atlanta-hawks-fans-bandwagoners

Smith dubs fans 'bandwagoners'

ATLANTA -- Houston Rockets forward Josh Smith called Hawks fans "bandwagoners" following the Rockets' 104-96 loss Tuesday at Atlanta on.

The interplay between Smith and the Philips Arena crowd was lively throughout the night. Smith, an Atlanta native who played his first nine NBA seasons with the Hawks, was booed loudly whenever he touched the ball. The catcalls grew louder in the third quarter, after Smith drained a 3-pointer that rattled around the rim several times before dropping in. Smith then shushed the crowd by placing his finger over his lips as the Hawks called timeout.

"I mean, those fans are fickle, very fickle and bandwagoners," Smith said. "It really doesn't mean anything to me."

Despite qualifying for the playoffs in Smith's final six seasons in Atlanta, the Hawks never finished in the top half of the NBA in attendance. This season, the Hawks are faring better at the gate and averaging a smidgen more than 17,000 per game, their highest total since Smith came into the league.

Smith was a polarizing player during his nine seasons in Atlanta. Chosen by the Hawks with the No. 17 pick in 2014 draft, Smith dazzled fans with his acrobatics, shot-blocking and athleticism. But despite being only a 28.3 percent 3-point shooter, Smith attempted more than 942 shots from beyond the arc as a Hawk. Toward the end of his tenure, a grown would emanate from the crowd at Philips Arena whenever he elevated for a long-range shot.

In 24 minutes Tuesday, Smith finished with 14 points on 6-for-14 shooting from the field, along with seven rebounds, three assists, three turnovers and two blocks. Following the game, he remarked that his 2-for-5 line from long range was "pretty good."

During his time in Atlanta, Smith was active in local charities. In 2011-12, he was nominated by the Professional Basketball Writers Association for the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.

"I'd been here for nine years, and all I did was positive things in the community and with the basketball team," Smith said.

In 2013, Smith signed a four-year, $54 million free-agent contract with the Detroit Pistons. Smith struggled in Detroit, which waived him Dec. 22. Four days later, Smith signed with Houston, where he has shot the ball with a bit more proficiency (44.2 percent on field goals).

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

steakshapiro ‏@steakshapiro 1m1 minute ago

Sat right near J. Smith all nt watched him mentally fall apart as game got close, McHale take him out….swearing into his towel like crazy.

• Moderators

Hawks fans aren't bandwagoners. We just don't like false promises.

OH Smoove, you turd.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12417144/houston-rockets-forward-josh-smith-calls-atlanta-hawks-fans-bandwagoners

Smith dubs fans 'bandwagoners'

ATLANTA -- Houston Rockets forward Josh Smith

"Chosen by the Hawks with the No. 17 pick in 2014 draft, ..."

huh? 2014? Thought that was Payne.

"Toward the end of his tenure, a grown would emanate from the crowd at Philips Arena..."

Huh? A grown what?

This is national media? Guess I have been spoiled by @lethalweapon3

Btw- What the hell happened to Kyle`s shot?

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 1

I know it will be an unpopular opinion here but I will say it anyway, all the Josh booing made me uncomfortable. The thing is he is a hometown boy and probably the only guy in the league who has a Hawks tattoo. He wasn't perfect but he gave us good nine seasons.

Besides that it was one of the best games that I watched in Philips Arena. It was a total playoff atmosphere and I am proud of our guys for squeezing a win. 

• Like 2

This is national media? Guess I have been spoiled by @lethalweapon3

Btw- What the hell happened to Kyle`s shot?

I was just gonna post this too...lol...ESPN is just straight dumb...I can't believe an actual "groan" man rote that!!?!/!

I know it will be an unpopular opinion here but I will say it anyway, all the Josh booing made me uncomfortable. The thing is he is a hometown boy and probably the only guy in the league who has a Hawks tattoo. He wasn't perfect but he gave us good nine seasons.

Besides that it was one of the best games that I watched in Philips Arena. It was a total playoff atmosphere and I am proud of our guys for squeezing a win. 

I think it's disrespectful of him calling Hawk fans bandwagoners. Im not gonna lie im a bandwagon fan, i became a  Hawk fan since Coach Bud arrived in Atlanta. Im not offended if  im being called as a bandwagon fan and i don't care, i really enjoy watching and appreciate Hawks beautiful team basketball.  But still it's disrespectful of him callling hawk fans bandwagoners because not all Hawk fans are bandwagoners.. Sure there are  some Hawk bandwagon fans, but not all of them.. All NBA teams have bandwagon fans. Plus, Hawks fan base is increasing because of all the success they having right now.

He need to give some time for himself to think why he got traded by Hawks then Hawks became a better team without him, and Pistons traded him then Pistons became a better without  him. It might happen again with the Rockets..  And that's big the reason why Hawks fans were booing at him.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Just on the tattoo thing, I don't think he's "in the league" at the moment (Wizards cut him earlier this season... D-Leaguing it, maybe?), but Glen Rice Jr. (Walton High in Cobb, Georgia Tech), has one on his shoulder. It's similarly an old-skool Pac-Man in prominent red.

20131124_kkt_an4_461_0_standard_730_0.jp

~lw3

• Like 1

Just on the tattoo thing, I don't think he's "in the league" at the moment (Wizards cut him earlier this season... D-Leaguing it, maybe?), but Glen Rice Jr. (Walton High in Cobb, Georgia Tech), has one on his shoulder. It's similarly an old-skool Pac-Man in prominent red.

20131124_kkt_an4_461_0_standard_730_0.jp

~lw3
Didn't know Glen Sr. raised his family here, cool. Then again there are probably hundreds of current/ former pro athletes throughout the 'burbs keeping it incogni. There are a lot of people from Michigan who come here and fall in love. Compared to Detroit and Flint though Macon would look pretty good.

That kid is a true fan, he couldn't have seen Nique. All he knows is Smitty, Deke, and Mookie (none of which were drafted) and the Old Core. He deserves instant Moderator status if he chooses to join HS.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I agree. He was a bonehead at times, but he was our bonehead and he did some really good things for this team. Also didn't like it when JJ came back the first few times and was booed. Not classy at all. That guy did a lot for our team and you can't blame him for signing a giant contract.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can empathize with those who feel the booing was a bit unmerciful.

Yet, as we all know by now, Josh lives in an echo chamber of his own making.

A younger version of me would have been butthurt by Josh's Mopey Smurf behavior. But I somehow suspect this is Josh intentionally making sure he keeps his name on our tongues in the barber shops, and coming out of the ink in our local press. He's getting exactly the mileage he wants out of his commentary, so it's hard to find two tears to put in a bucket for him.

He's basically John Cena... only without the belts manufactured into his storyline. So many fans came of age rooting him on when they were eating Fruity Pebbles that they didn't have to buy on our own. Collectively, as they matured, and as he theoretically did, they came to dis-appreciate what he brought to the table every night, relative to his peers.

Many hoped that Josh would calibrate his game, for the betterment of the team and its host city he claims to love sooooo much. Now that it's clear to everyone but him that he hasn't... and won't... it's hoped that he would at least entertain us and keep us humored while he's getting handsomely paid. With Josh reacting to all the boos and the online snarkiness by turning heel, he's doing exactly that.

It's like WWE wrestlers calling out Newark this past week on Monday Night Raw. A younger fan is probably perturbed at being called a loser living in a smelly sewer of a city, or whatever. An older citizen probably loves the simple fact that these wrestlers are just trying to get a rise out of him/her. "Boo!" Death for these wrestlers, and for Josh, is the inability to get a reaction or emotion of any sort.

As for the "but I gave to my community!" fluff... Josh has been acknowledged, awarded, and applauded with standing ovations for staying, as we like to say now, "True to Atlanta," throughout his time here. Aside from his Dunk Contest trophy, they're just about all the awards he has. Way to go, Josh, you didn't turn out like Jarvaris Crittenton, good for you. Hi-fives all around. Now will you please stop whining to the refs as the game is going on? That's so 2005.

He is, through and through, An Atlanta Guy... and by being so high-profile, his reputation as a professional sportsman reflects on a lot of Atlanta Guys (and Gals) on the come up in this metro. Same for his jolly passive-aggressive giant of a teammate that, as luck would have it, sits right there with him on the sideline. The Atlanta Guys and Gals have tired of the moody, mopey, faux-braggadocio antics that this pair like to put on behind an "ATL, Homie!" shield.

Just more than a week ago, another of "ATL's Own," Louis Williams, skated all over his hometown Hawks. He walked out of Thrillips not only with a hard-earned W, but the same amount of adulation that he earned well before he walked in, if not more. J-Smoove would do well to ponder why that is.

But, of course, he won't. He'd rather make the paper for his gestures and his empty words, than his actions on the court. "Shots fired!" Unfortunately, those are the best shots Josh ever seems to fire.

All that said, I typed 6,000 more characters today then I ever planned to type about Josh Smith. In Josh Smith's mind, that's what counts as "winning."

~lw3

• Like 4

I agree. He was a bonehead at times, but he was our bonehead and he did some really good things for this team. Also didn't like it when JJ came back the first few times and was booed. Not classy at all. That guy did a lot for our team and you can't blame him for signing a giant contract.

The Atlanta crowd isn't the classiest I'll give yall that. Many are trying to fight traffic to get ready for the club to buy more overpriced drinks. I kinda like the griminess, though. Most people born and raised have a little bit in them. Dirty South, hoe.

There's no ill will toward Marvin, although his significance in the Old Core is debatable. I can only speak for myself, always hated Joe and grew to loathe Josh. F&@k em both, and Dwight.

Edited by benhillboy