• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who we will draft? We should fall somewhere in the 8-12 range.

bumpyphish1

Devin Booker could be a great pick for this team.  I would be excited about our future at the wing with him in the pipeline.

6'6 wingspan, doesn't rate as a plus defender and is a decent athlete. I love his shooting like everyone else but I like R.J. Hunter offense and LaVert overall abilities more. He should be a mid 1st. I like him. 

At 9 in a deep SG/SF/PF/C class, I would like us to go more for fit, talent and potential like we did with Dennis. We don't have minutes so whoever we draft is going to spend a lot of time on the bench and in the D-League. Booker is someone we need to look at if Brooklyn makes the playoffs but even so, I have LeVert and Hunter higher. I really have Booker as a late 1st but his age and elite shooting skills will see him selected higher than that. I see Hunter as a potential Klay Thompson. He will shoot up the board like Elfrid Payton did. I see LeVert as a similar prospect but maybe with injury concerns and less scoring. I like those two more than Booker. I heard some scouts do too. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Yes, he plays much more SF, I'm with you that he may be a SF in the NBA, but it's unclear. You have to put in perspective that Barcelona has as shooting guards Brad Oleson, Navarro and Abrines and those are top players in Europe too so the coach usually plays Hezonja at SF.

He may be right now a much more spot shooter because of the system in Barcelona, if he comes to Atlanta and Korver teach him how to move off-ball and Bud shows him the system he will be better in this aspect. 

He kinda plays like Gallinari though. Maybe smaller and much more athletic but not that much more. His two way potential might be overstated, even by me previously speaking. I see a very good prospect nonetheless and would take him in open arms. I think he can be developed into a baller. 

Hezonja reminds me of Gallo too, or Hayward, minus the defense those two play. That's why Winslow is (barely) my preference: built like a tank and plays with intensity, flashes a euro step and is explosuve. Hezonja has a pure stroke though and can pass. Think they're both capable of playing the 2 or 3 though Hezonja is probably closer to a 3. I think Winslow might actually be better at the 2, especially defensively.

Hard to know if either will be available straight up or for a trade up. I think we should be looking at Sacramento and Detroit for a trade up

Hezonja reminds me of Gallo too, or Hayward, minus the defense those two play. That's why Winslow is (barely) my preference: built like a tank and plays with intensity, flashes a euro step and is explosuve. Hezonja has a pure stroke though and can pass. Think they're both capable of playing the 2 or 3 though Hezonja is probably closer to a 3. I think Winslow might actually be better at the 2, especially defensively.

Hard to know if either will be available straight up or for a trade up. I think we should be looking at Sacramento and Detroit for a trade up

I have zero interest in trading out of 9th. Anywhere in the top 10 is valued spot in this draft. I would say top 13 and after that, it's all about fit and role players. You have a lot of potential in this draft. This is like 2013 but more top heavy and less depth. Guys who will look A LOT better in 2016-17 than 2015-16. 

I have zero interest in trading out of 9th. Anywhere in the top 10 is valued spot in this draft. I would say top 13 and after that, it's all about fit and role players. You have a lot of potential in this draft. This is like 2013 but more top heavy and less depth. Guys who will look A LOT better in 2016-17 than 2015-16. 

I would be up for trading UP from 9th, not sure if you're saying you wouldn't do that. If the difference between drafting Winslow and drafting Turner is Scott and Mack, I'd do it personally, though I know many might not.

I would be up for trading UP from 9th, not sure if you're saying you wouldn't do that. If the difference between drafting Winslow and drafting Turner is Scott and Mack, I'd do it personally, though I know many might not.

1. No one is trading down for role players like Scott and Mack. Most wouldn't trade two 2nd rounders for them at this stage. 

2. Turner while having an ample amount of potential plays a position we really don't need much. We don't need any more bigs especially with Tavares coming over. 

3. Winslow is a great get but so is other guys who could fall to 9. I said it last year and will say it again, no one we draft will see much of the court this upcoming season. They will be D-Leagers and spot min players at best. Better to go with potential, talent and fit like we did with Schro in 2013. 

• Moderators

6'6 wingspan, doesn't rate as a plus defender and is a decent athlete. I love his shooting like everyone else but I like R.J. Hunter offense and LaVert overall abilities more. He should be a mid 1st. I like him. 

At 9 in a deep SG/SF/PF/C class, I would like us to go more for fit, talent and potential like we did with Dennis. We don't have minutes so whoever we draft is going to spend a lot of time on the bench and in the D-League. Booker is someone we need to look at if Brooklyn makes the playoffs but even so, I have LeVert and Hunter higher. I really have Booker as a late 1st but his age and elite shooting skills will see him selected higher than that. I see Hunter as a potential Klay Thompson. He will shoot up the board like Elfrid Payton did. I see LeVert as a similar prospect but maybe with injury concerns and less scoring. I like those two more than Booker. I heard some scouts do too. 

Elite shooter; elite basketball IQ; solid defender

That profile screams "Bud wing" to me.  Grooming behind Korver couldn't hurt either!

I'm not so sold on him as the pick that I don't think there may be better options, depending where we land.  He just seems like a perfect fit for Bud.

That profile screams "Bud wing" to me.  Grooming behind Korver couldn't hurt either!

I'm not so sold on him as the pick that I don't think there may be better options, depending where we land.  He just seems like a perfect fit for Bud.

Not sold on the elite shooter as we seen Jenkins do everything better on the college level but defend but he didn't have Towns, WCS, Lyles and Johnson either. Sorry but give me Hunter and LeVert anyday over him. I see Booker like I see Jenkins and Payne but even worse. Waste a pick on him and this equals drafting Shelden Williams again. A complete bust of a pick. I don't believe in his NBA floor and I don't see much of a ceiling. He is one of those players who stock will stay around this range if he stays all for years or even drop. I'll pass. Let's not talk about Oubre or Hezonja who could be All Star types or even Russell who could be a superstar. Nope. Booker better not be on our radar unless we are drafting in the spot we should be drafting in. 

If that's the case, why isn't Jenkins perfect for Bud. Tools matter in the NBA. Korver can run around screens all day and Korver was drafted in the 2nd round. You don't commit another Payne type of selection. No more fake high floor guys unless they have legit potential like Russell. 

• Premium Member

I would assume we are drafting a SG/SF.

Which young vet SG/SF might be available?

Didn't have anyone in mind. Just throwing that idea out there as another scenario that could take place in the event that opportunity presented itself, considering the current roster is a win now team.

Didn't have anyone in mind. Just throwing that idea out there as another scenario that could take place in the event that opportunity presented itself, considering the current roster is a win now team.

Ok, I cant think off hand of who might be available that we might trade pick for, but it's always an option. The pick can also be combined with a player as well to get more. Edited by JayBirdHawk

NCAA games to watch re. Hawgs potential draft picks:

- UAB v IowaSt: on right now - Georges Niang (IowaSt) is a skilled post player that'd fit well here I think (we haven't discussed him but he's a player I like)

- GAState v Baylor: Today at 1:40pm - R.J. Hunter (GASt) 6'6" SG, good passer/really good shooter.  Low lotto/1st rounder

- TXSou v Ariz: Today at 2:10pm - Stanley Johnson? (Az) I've seen him mentioned before but know nothing about him.

Anybody got any more (since I'm too lazy to list anymore)?

That profile screams "Bud wing" to me. Grooming behind Korver couldn't hurt either!

I'm not so sold on him as the pick that I don't think there may be better options, depending where we land. He just seems like a perfect fit for Bud.

I don't know, @AHF

I'm all about the Hawks getting any Cat on the team (big ups, RandMo), but I don't like Booker's D. I love his offense, but i think either he plays soft or just isn't that quick. I watch him chase his man from the baseline and by the time they get to the wing, he's three steps behind. He's definitely a weak link on that end. Not a problem when playing with the Harrisons and KAT & WCS.

Speaking of KAT & WCS,I LOVE Anthony Towns. I think Willie will be a good player, but I have a feeling he won't live up to some of the hype he gets once in the league. He has really grown this season though, so the offense may come. I think Dakari Johnson will be a good solid back up for someone. He seems to play hard and stays within his game, doesn't try to get crazy. Maybe avg 8 - 10 points and boards a game, good for a late first or second round pick.

For as much is mentioned in the past with Cal and his point guards, he's had a hell of a run with bigs.

• Like 1

I don't know, @AHF

I'm all about the Hawks getting any Cat on the team (big ups, RandMo), but I don't like Booker's D. I love his offense, but i think either he plays soft or just isn't that quick. I watch him chase his man from the baseline and by the time they get to the wing, he's three steps behind. He's definitely a weak link on that end. Not a problem when playing with the Harrisons and KAT & WCS.

Speaking of KAT & WCS,I LOVE Anthony Towns. I think Willie will be a good player, but I have a feeling he won't live up to some of the hype he gets once in the league. He has really grown this season though, so the offense may come. I think Dakari Johnson will be a good solid back up for someone. He seems to play hard and stays within his game, doesn't try to get crazy. Maybe avg 8 - 10 points and boards a game, good for a late first or second round pick.

For as much is mentioned in the past with Cal and his point guards, he's had a hell of a run with bigs.

I think WCS can live up to the potential but he's two to three years away and here he lands and who he is next to makes a big deal. I don't see him as a fit in our system like Payne but defensively, his potential is high. 

Dakari reminds me of a young Nazr Mohammed. 

KAT is going to be a bigger, stronger, more skilled and center version of Al Horford. He's going to be great all around. 

Harrison's really aren't NBA prospects right now to me. 

Booker reminds me of Dell Curry. More so than Jenkins did but I still think he's far from Curry right now. I wouldn't draft him in the top 20. He's Rodney Hood status to me.