• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who we will draft? We should fall somewhere in the 8-12 range.

bumpyphish1

I honestly do not know "prospects" though I do love college hoops...

We ought to be able to get a decent player in this draft.  It occurred to me that perhaps seeing that we would get a great pick from the Nets made the front office inclined to trade Payne?  Anyways...I'm okay with trading him, I think...mostly because of his age/health. 

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to be talking about any potential lottery picks in this forum. People are pretty superstitious about that especially after last season. I'm not really superstitious so I'd suggest the Turner kid out of Texas in that range. Top three are Okafor, Russell, and Towns.

Looks like we will be able to at least (depending on lottery) get one of the 3 (Hezonja, Johnson, Winslow). All three fit this team as far as potential All-Star wing players that can play D. Looney has potential as well but he is more 3/4 than 2/3.

If we get a top 3 pick we draft an elite big (Okafor, Towns, Turner) or potential superstar combo guard (Russell, Mudiay)

We are in a really great situation this year as far as the draft is concerned. Can't lose with whoever we decide to draft.

Looks like we will be able to at least (depending on lottery) get one of the 3 (Hezonja, Johnson, Winslow). All three fit this team as far as potential All-Star wing players that can play D. Looney has potential as well but he is more 3/4 than 2/3.

If we get a top 3 pick we draft an elite big (Okafor, Towns, Turner) or potential superstar combo guard (Russell, Mudiay)

We are in a really great situation this year as far as the draft is concerned. Can't lose with whoever we decide to draft.

I'd move up for Hezonja.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Our wing depth is old, so I hope we draft a SG/SF that fits. KK is 33, DMC is 28, Thabo is 30, and Baze is the youngest at 25. I like Oubre and Johnson. Hezonija is interesting too and with our interest in International players, I would not be surprised. The Hawks were interested Porzingis last year. A lot of options...

And an interesting thing about that Brooklyn pick... The Hawks have the right to swap, but not the obligation too. And you know how the cap geniuses work in Atlanta...

• Like 1

From what I understand, the current thinking is there is a great group of the top 4 prospects of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Russell. Then after that there is a pretty significant dropoff of another good group that goes out to 15 or 16 overall. Then after the 15th or 16th pick a rather huge dropoff.

Our wing depth is old, so I hope we draft a SG/SF that fits. KK is 33, DMC is 28, Thabo is 30, and Baze is the youngest at 25. I like Oubre and Johnson. Hezonija is interesting too and with our interest in International players, I would not be surprised. The Hawks were interested Porzingis last year. A lot of options...

And an interesting thing about that Brooklyn pick... The Hawks have the right to swap, but not the obligation too. And you know how the cap geniuses work in Atlanta...

Wait, you think they'd refuse a lotto pick for money reasons?  Legit question.  I'm not a capientist.

Hezonja is the best fit and the best player.

Great shooter, good ball-handling, can create his own shoot, athleticism, determination, clutch, leadership, discipline... it's impossible to fail if you take him. I would even consider trading up for him.

I would be glad with Winslow too. I also like WCS and Towns (in case we go for a big they but they will continue to climb positions in the draft). I want to watch more tape of Russell and Stanley Johnson. Oubre isn't a bad player too. Caris Levert is nice.

We will have a lot of probabilities to take a good player with upside for our project.