• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Hawk has had the greatest B-ball IQ?

HawkItus

Seeing the article about Mookie and how he was idiot savant with the game got me thinking about this. I would say Toni Kukoc, Bobby Sura, Mike Bibby, and Korver on offense. Dikembe, Mookie, Augmon, Horf, and DMC on defense.

Is this a black/white thing??? Lol.

Bibby

Then Horford

Then Ty Lue. 

Then Doc Rivers

lol, just because you are white doesn't equal BBIQ. Not even close. Korver is no slouch but he's not in this category. He's in the same category with Deke and Smitty. 

Those dudes were elite BBIQ wise. I think a lot of the players on this team have very high BBIQ but not elite. 

Bibby is the smartest player I've seen to grace the game. Rondo is extremely smart as well. Horford is the smartest big I've seen with talent. Ty and Doc were smart

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

Is this a black/white thing??? Lol.

Not to go all Jimmy the Greek, but I do think levels of athletic ability play into the development of Bball IQ.  Nique could run past and jump over almost anyone on offense.  Where as a kukoc learned to find his position on the court relative to other guys movements.  I did forget Brendan Knight though.  Smart as player.  

Not to go all Jimmy the Greek, but I do think levels of athletic ability play into the development of Bball IQ.  Nique could run past and jump over almost anyone on offense.  Where as a kukoc learned to find his position on the court relative to other guys movements.  I did forget Brendan Knight though.  Smart as player.  

Brevin Knights oops

This is a terrible post. This is a Jimmy the Greek type of post. 

Bibby: I'm a Kidd fanatic, Bibby clearly studied his pacesetting and orchestration. If he wasn't very intelligent there's no way we could've masked him on defense as much as we did.

Kyle: THREEZUS

Al: Smart as a whip besides running the fast break. That's the only thing that drives me crazy with this team. He's turned it over probably a third of the time he tries. Find a PG Boss, we got like 10 of em.

Dennis: I dont know if you'd call it IQ or instincts, a combination of both I guess. A 21 year old shouldn't be as knowledgable of his opponents as he is nor run a PNR perfectly like he does.

Deke: The post defense instructional video.

I was quite young but the Nique teams never struck me as considerably smart. I just thought of them as following Fratello's strict defensive gameplan and getting out of Nique's way. Compared to the Pistons and Celtics teams their team IQ wasn't notable at all.

Edited by benhillboy

Bibby: I'm a Kidd fanatic, Bibby clearly studied his pacesetting and orchestration. If he wasn't very intelligent there's no way we could've masked him on defense as much as we did.

Kyle: THREEZUS

Al: Smart as a whip besides running the fast break. That's the only thing that drives me crazy with this team. He's turned it over probably a third of the time he tries. Find a PG Boss, we got like 10 of em.

Dennis: I dont know if you'd call it IQ or instincts, a combination of both I guess. A 21 year old shouldn't be as knowledgable of his opponents as he is nor run a PNR perfectly like he does.

Deke: The post defense instructional video.

I was quite young but the Nique teams never struck me as considerably smart. I just thought of them as following Fratello's strict defensive gameplan and getting out of Nique's way. Compared to the Pistons and Celtics teams their team IQ wasn't notable at all.

I like this list plus Thabo defensively. Edited by JayBirdHawk

More importantly Teague's BB IQ has gone up significantly in Bud's system in the last 18 months.  Learning the system and mastering reflect a hell of an intelligence quotient 

It has. The biggest improvement in his game has been his BBIQ. It's rare a guy improves that as much during the prime of his career. I was like George Karl, no way I seen Jeff being this good four years ago. No way. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

It has. The biggest improvement in his game has been his BBIQ. It's rare a guy improves that as much during the prime of his career. I was like George Karl, no way I seen Jeff being this good four years ago. No way.

@nbasuperstar40retired you didn't even think this at the start of last season, lol.

Super athletic ability.  Super basketball IQ.  Two entirely different things.  When a player

has both, then you really get that "WOW" factor.

There is a third thing to consider.  Instinct.  Either you have it or you don't  Why does a player

do a certain thing a certain way?  He doesn't know, he just knows he did it.  Mostly this comes

with experience. 

When you have all three, chances are good you are very close to that "super star" status we

all dream of achieving in our chosen profession, whatever it is.

I sincerely believe that our current Hawks team has been blessed with a good helping of

all three.  Not overwhelming amounts, but certainly an abundant supply.

GO TEAM ATL !!

• Like 1

The question was, "Who had the greatest BBIQ?", not, "Who had the greatest BBQ?" dance3.gif

~lw3

Oh it was? I thought tri tip or brisket...lol...

INSPECTED....REJECTED....employee #5.....:-/