• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Birdmen: The Unexpected Hawks

LucastheThird

Naw ESPN don't jump on the bandwagon now! You been dissing us for years and barely showing respect this year! I hope the ATL crowd chants ESPN sucks next time they show one of our home games!

Bitches!

BSPN I meant to say....my bad squawk...

• Like 1

Yep, came here to post this myself. Very good stuff. The hate for ESPN is a little childish. They've been on us for most of the year. Can't really blame them for never propping up an organization that was so mediocre even most of the fans wouldn't support. They are doing so now that we've given them a reason to.

• Like 2

Yep, came here to post this myself. Very good stuff. The hate for ESPN is a little childish. They've been on us for most of the year. Can't really blame them for never propping up an organization that was so mediocre even most of the fans wouldn't support. They are doing so now that we've given them a reason to.

It was a nice video!...I'm just sour! Lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

f*** ESPN.

They have clowned us for years...even when we were decent.  

I don't give one flying frog flip about their props. lol

Pretty cool video tho......but reeks of bandwagonism. :)

• Like 1

f*** ESPN.

They have clowned us for years...even when we were decent.

I don't give one flying frog flip about their props. lol

Pretty cool video tho......but reeks of bandwagonism. :)

I agree. They were dogging us this year also. They only jumped on the bandwagon because we left them no other option. They will be quick to dismiss us once the playoffs come around.

• Like 2

That video gave me goosebumps and a stupid grin on my face.

These are OUR HAWKS!

Forget everything and everybody else, the band waggoners and johnny come lately, let them eat their crow.

For us SQUAWKERS and long suffering fans this is more gratifying for us.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Moderators

They're just promoting the playoffs and the GS game they picked up tonight. lol If you can't beat us, join us? Cool vid and it is amazing how this team has come together to win like this... which has a lot to do with someone they left out in that vid.

I'm not an ESPN fan but the hate is a little much.  At the end of the day they're a business and they promote what sells - unfortunately that means Lebron 24/7.  We were good in the past but kind of soft and hadn't made postseason noise so I can understand why they never took us seriously.

They know the two best teams in the league are going to get some viewers based on our last matchup so they smartly picked it up for the ratings.

Regardless that was a cool video that made me smile.

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not an ESPN fan but the hate is a little much.  At the end of the day they're a business and they promote what sells - unfortunately that means Lebron 24/7.  We were good in the past but kind of soft and hadn't made postseason noise so I can understand why they never took us seriously.

They know the two best teams in the league are going to get some viewers based on our last matchup so they smartly picked it up for the ratings.

Regardless that was a cool video that made me smile.

Or is what sells what they promote?  Ever hear of payola?

Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 2

Or is what sells what they promote?  Ever here of payola?

Actually hadn't, learned something new.  Regardless, the sheeple are the problem.  I don't buy what they promote, unfortunately we have a lot of young kids or others easily influenced that do.  If everyone thought like us Squawkers I'm sure ESPN would've been out of business awhile ago.

We gotta fight the man!!!!  Alright, time to go listen to some Rage Against the Machine....

Wait the lebron network picked up the game tonight? I am flabbergasted.  I really hope it is Hubie Brown calling it, otherwise I'll have to mute it and listen to Steve Holman.

I did like the video though...the narrator sounds like the narrator from the Bastion and Transistor games- awesome voice

Edited by nonono

Not entirely sure why they're associating the Hawks with jazz, but at least the narrator was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u5te8-CvbCU

I think that is a Charlie "Bird" Parker jam.  Bird = Birdmen our team of "players" is like a Jazz ensemble.  

or it could just be a take off the movie Birdman lol

Edited by HawkItus