what's wrong hawx?

hawkzlova123

Hmm I cant seem to figure out what's wrong. Is it the injuries? Is the coach telling players to play soft and keep yourselves healty for playoffs? This is very unlike the hawx.

So ready to be fully healty and begin playoffs.

Who's ready for a deep historic Hawk run?

It could honestly be a lot of things, and I think that's a good thing. Yes, we've had injuries, but I don't think that's it. It's probably the fact that we have more or less clinched the first seed in the east, so we are focusing on not getting injured (Exception: Dennis). Honestly, there is not much on the line for us. I would've been shocked if we had beaten the Thunder, they had SO MUCH MORE to loose than us. We are just on cruise control until the playoffs and honestly, that makes sense. The players have earned it.

Yes, I would honestly like us to step it up and get some more wins just to comfort any doubts I have, but frankly, I'm just waiting for the playoffs and I think the team is in that same mind set.

(For the record: We clinched our division with this loss to the Thunder, just to put how far ahead in the standings we are in perspective)

Injuries. Driving lanes tighten without Kyle, no sixth (technically seventh) man in Mike, and arguably our best perimeter defender missing.

We can deal with missing a couple guys, three is excessive and simply bogs down the system over 48 minutes. It's a marathon, we'll get our wind back very soon as the schedule eases up tremendously for the home stretch.

Aside from the injuries I don't think this Teague x Schröder lineup is working out. Both of them are ball dominant guards and neither of them is good at moving without the ball. On the defensive side whoever has to guard the bigger player gets bodied.

Yeah. Simply put, it looks good versus bad teams. Against good teams not so much. I'm guessing it will all but cease in the playoffs with everyone healthy, especially with Mack's advantage over Dennis in experience.

It's experimental, with Bud probably evaluating the off-ball movement you alluded to.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

It is definitely injuries. We had been incredibly healthy for the first half of the season until Thabo went out. Then Teague had that fall. Sap and Schröder have played hurt. Scott with that toe injury... And now Korver with a busted beak. Fact is, we are a great, well-oiled machine that had a few parts go bad. We are a great TEAM, but not individually talented enough to overcome key injuries. Just like an engine, every part has a part to play and when a part fails, the whole engine stops working efficiently. Yeah, we'll win a game or two here and there without KK, but that 19-game win streak happened because of being injury-free and having the engine running smoothly.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Aside from the injuries I don't think this Teague x Schröder lineup is working out.  Both of them are ball dominant guards and neither of them is good at moving without the ball.  On the defensive side whoever has to guard the bigger player gets bodied.

BINGO

the Jeff X Dennis lineup is bad. I hate it!

I've seen a stat in hat GS game saying that without Korver we score about 10 points less a game. You can clearly notice everyone suffering under the ultimate spacing he offers just not being there.

• Premium Member

Aside from the injuries I don't think this Teague x Schröder lineup is working out.  Both of them are ball dominant guards and neither of them is good at moving without the ball.  On the defensive side whoever has to guard the bigger player gets bodied.

I said this a week ago and got booed off Hawksquawk blink.png  .  But seriously, I don't think the team is playing as hard especially on defense.  Who can blame them since these games are meaningless regular season games at this point in the season.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

we good bro....relax

Edited by NineOhTheRino