• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 2 (note: 7 PM Eastern tip!)

lethalweapon3

Can't remember the last time I've seen so many questionable foul calls go against the home team in the playoffs...and they don't even have a star player. I dread how ridiculous its going to get against wall, lebron, rose etc...

It's NY cops...I mean city...I mean Adam suck me sideways Silver...I mean... U know.

These refs are swallowing their whistles.

Hope they swallow something else...and it starts with DEEZ...

• Admin

My heart was pounding

Refs missed so many calls its not funny ... Horrible ... Cuban would be calling for their heads if it was against Dallas

Bench really let us down in the first half

Two point guard lineup is not working

Frustrating when dennis gets in his ISO mode ... He stands dribbling ball and then takes a bad shot ... I don't miss Ty Lue ... Please stop that.

We are so effective when moving the ball around ... We need to keep doing that.

Mack needs to just be a spectator

Pero played well

Al was awesome and it was good to see Paul put it together

Jack was on fire ... Can't let that continue

Lopez is a baby and dirty ...

Two wins ... Let's get number three

• Like 2

My heart was pounding

Refs missed so many calls its not funny ... Horrible ... Cuban would be calling for their heads if it was against Dallas

Bench really let us down in the first half

Two point guard lineup is not working

Frustrating when dennis gets in his ISO mode ... He stands dribbling ball and then takes a bad shot ... I don't miss Ty Lue ... Please stop that.

We are so effective when moving the ball around ... We need to keep doing that.

Mack needs to just be a spectator

Pero played well

Al was awesome and it was good to see Paul put it together

Jack was on fire ... Can't let that continue

Lopez is a baby and dirty ...

Two wins ... Let's get number three

Lopez is crazy dirty but whiney too...he's a baby

• Premium Member

I think the road games will be good for us. We seem to play well when we have the "us vs them" mentality.

This group is not an experienced postseason team, especially as a top seed. I'm glad it isn't coming easy, we need to hope and assume we will learn and build on this.

• Like 1

1. Al was a man tonight, pinky and all.

2. Good to see Sap getting back in rythm still a little tentative. He grabbed and rubbed his shoulder but played through.

3. Teague had a good 1st quarter but wasnt aggressive enough after.

4. I preferred Dennis' PG play over Teague's in the 2nd half - that unit played with more pace.

5. What in the blue hell happened to DMC's offense tonight? Let's hope it's a one time thing 1 of 8. He did his part to make life difficult for Joe and had 8 rebounds.

Just like last game, when it mattered most his defense on Joe for the last shot - awesome - can't ask for more defensively.

6. Kyle was doing Kyle things.

7. Pero went Ham - 2 decent playoff games in a row.

8. The bench STRUGGLED in the 1st half.

Ugly win = 2-0...Playoff basketball!!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

My concern is that Guys that played so well in the regular season are not in the playoffs. Hopefully this is just a temporary slump for Scott, DMC and Bazemore

I think this is DMC's worst game as a Hawk offensively, not a slump, one game.

I think Scott still has back issues, he did have that one great defensively play against Joe.

Bazemore has been in an everlasting slump.

• Premium Member

1. Al was a man tonight, pinky and all.  Was a beast on the boards!

2. Good to see Sap getting back in rythm still a little tentative. He grabbed and rubbed his shoulder but played through.  Shot well from the field..Great to see

3. Teague had a good 1st quarter but wasnt aggressive enough after.  Teague hurt his hand in the 3rd quarter but looked fine

4. I preferred Dennis' PG play over Teague's in the 2nd half - that unit played with more pace.  Dennis was getting abused by Jack and dribble a little too much for my taste...Also went one on one a lot but good overall game.

5. What in the blue hell happened to DMC's offense tonight? Let's hope it's a one time thing 1 of 8. He did his part to make life difficult for Joe and had 8 rebounds.  Abused by Joe in the 1st half

Just like last game, when it mattered most his defense on Joe for the last shot - awesome - can't ask for more defensively.  How about staying in front of joe for a change

6. Kyle was doing Kyle things.  Did it all!

7. Pero went Ham - 2 decent playoff games in a row.  A bit of an exaggeration 2-6 for 8 points and 2 rebounds...But did contribute.

8. The bench STRUGGLED in the 1st half.  An understatement!

Ugly win = 2-0...Playoff basketball!!!  We can't shoot 40% and expected to get to the conference finals

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 2