• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks dont go to the Eastern Conference Finals...........

atlhawks1

It will be the WORST flop in atlanta sports history. The hawks THOUGHT they had a hard time getting fans before this year to show up, flop against brooklyn or washington, and its a wrap. nothing short of bringing in superstars would bring the fans out next year...........

I mean, it couldnt be easier than this year. Home court advantage against brooklyn and washington. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Not here to gloat, but I said we would struggle with the Nets. A lot of people said I was wrong.

I'm sick of everyone acting like the Nets are a terrible team.  They've been playing at a 3 seed level since they got Young.  They had a brutal schedule down the stretch, and their record was something like 17-13, absolutely respectable considering their schedule.  They beat top teams from the East and West in that stretch, including the Wiz, Portland,  Torronto, Indiana twice, the Cavs, the Mavs, and Golden State.

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Like 1

I'm sick of everyone acting like the Nets are a terrible team.  They've been playing at a 3 seed level since they got Young.

The game they played today... It wouldn't have been good enough to beat any of the western conference playoff teams or Chicago or Cleveland.

Thad Young has never been a difference maker. Hell, Young played terrible in game 2 and the Nets still nearly sent the game to overtime in Atlanta.

The Nets are NOT a good team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

The game they played today... It wouldn't have been good enough to beat any of the western conference playoff teams or Chicago or Cleveland.

Thad Young has never been a difference maker. Hell, Young played terrible in game 2 and the Nets still nearly sent the game to overtime in Atlanta.

The Nets are NOT a good team.

and Carroll played just as badly in game 2.  You can use IFs all you want.

We sucked today.  The Nets are better than their 38 win record.  The size of their trio of Johnson/Thad/Lopez presents a problem for us that Washington will not possess.

I think we may have an easier time with Washington than we are having with Brooklyn.  Wiith that said, we may not play make it to Washington if we have another showing like today.  I think we will see a better effort from the guys on Monday.

and Carroll played just as badly in game 2.  You can use IFs all you want.

We sucked today.  The Nets are better than their 38 win record.  The size of their trio of Johnson/Thad/Lopez presents a problem for us that Washington will not possess.

I think we may have an easier time with Washington than we are having with Brooklyn.  Wiith that said, we may not play make it to Washington if we have another showing like today.  I think we will see a better effort from the guys on Monday.

No, The Nets are not better than their record suggests... Two of their three best players are done past their prime. Young has never been a difference in his career. They haven't played good in this series at all. If they're so good, why are they playing like crap so much?

Yeah, they played decent for a month or so.. So what? Almost all of the bottom feeders had a decent run. Both Indiana and Detroit had winning streaks... But neither of them are good. The Nets aren't much better than the terrible teams they beat out for 8th seed.

You have a point when you say that their size up front is hurting the Hawks... But the Nets are not a good team. if they were, they wouldn't have won 38 games in one of the worst conferences in NBA history. That team is bad.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

No, The Nets are not better than their record suggests... Two of their three best players are done past their prime. Young has never been a difference in his career. They haven't played good in this series at all. If they're so good, why are they playing like crap so much?

Yeah, they played decent for a month or so.. So what? Almost all of the bottom feeders had a decent run. Both Indiana and Detroit had winning streaks... But neither of them are good. The Nets aren't much better than the terrible teams they beat out for 8th seed.

You have a point when you say that their size up front is hurting the Hawks... But the Nets are not a good team. if they were, they wouldn't have won 38 games in one of the worst conferences in NBA history. That team is bad.

They were 17-13 in the regular season after trading for Thad.  

So, yes, this current Nets team is better than their 38 win record.  I'm not saying they are world beaters only that they are better than their record like we were last year.

When it comes to matchups the Nets are better than the Pacers and Heat.  We would have had a far easier time with either team.

It doesn't matter anyway.  We will make it past the Nets and we will matchup better with the Wizards.  

They were 17-13 in the regular season after trading for Thad.  

So, yes, this current Nets team is better than their 38 win record.  I'm not saying they are world beaters only that they are better than their record like we were last year.

When it comes to matchups the Nets are better than the Pacers and Heat.  We would have had a far easier time with either team.

It doesn't matter anyway.  We will make it past the Nets and we will matchup better with the Wizards.  

Well, they beat a bunch of bad or mediocre teams. 

They nearly lost to the Knicks at home, and they got blown out 3 times in April... And they didn't clinch until the last game of the season.

People are making a bigger deal of their finish than they really should.

This team isn't good and that's why they've continued to play like crap in the playoffs. 

But we agree that the Hawks are going to win the series. At least we agree on that. =)

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm sick of everyone acting like the Nets are a terrible team. 

The Nets are not a good defensive team and are not the reason we shot 36% from the field in game 3.  The Hawks are not hitting open shots anymore and when they can't hit open shots, they will struggle against bottom feeders.  If we continue to shoot below 40% from the field, we are going no where in the playoffs this year.

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

its the fact that we have yet to put together a complete game that has people concerned. Those two wins were very underwhelming.

Yeah this could very easily be an 0-3 or 1-2 deficit. The Hawks are lucky to still be leading the series.

Are the Nets good? Yeah they're decent but they've played terribly these first 3 games and we should have an easy 3 wins by now.

That's the disappointing part. If we are having a hard time in this series it should be because the Nets are giving us problems - which they aren't. It's because we look timid and can't hit a shot to save our lives.