• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks dont go to the Eastern Conference Finals...........

atlhawks1

Well, they beat a bunch of bad or mediocre teams. 

They nearly lost to the Knicks at home, and they got blown out 3 times in April... And they didn't clinch until the last game of the season.

People are making a bigger deal of their finish than they really should.

This team isn't good and that's why they've continued to play like crap in the playoffs. 

But we agree that the Hawks are going to win the series. At least we agree on that. =)

Even when we win the title, you will go "this team isnt that good", "we got lucky Curry started chocking", "easiest matchups in playoff history" etc.

Come on man, enoy the ride for a sec and hope for the best. The off season is for being about future improvements and the Hawks are on some upwards dynamics recent years. So why not just appreciate that, instead of comparing this team to the 86 celtics or showtime lakers. It isnt done yet.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

Yeah this could very easily be an 0-3 or 1-2 deficit. The Hawks are lucky to still be leading the series.

Or the hawks could have easily not made the playoffs, or Brooklyn could have not traded for JJ and we would still be stuck with no cap space, or maybe we could keep playing these scenarios and make zero sense?

• Like 1

Or the hawks could have easily not made the playoffs, or Brooklyn could have not traded for JJ and we would still be stuck with no cap space, or maybe we could keep playing these scenarios and make zero sense?

Yep. Or the Hawks could have hit 3-4 more wide open threes and a couple of the easy layups and won the game and be up 3-0.

I would be concerned if they couldn't get good shots. If you just do't hit them, it will come later.

• Like 3

Yep. Or the Hawks could have hit 3-4 more wide open threes and a couple of the easy layups and won the game and be up 3-0.

I would be concerned if they couldn't get good shots. If you just do't hit them, it will come later.

Biggest take away from this game, IMO. 

Yesterday was an embarrassment, but we played a D- game and still kept it close. Yes, we have to do better, but I don't see the Nets winning this series. At all. We will win Game 4 and then destroy them Game 5 at home. That is what I expect. I'm even less scared of the Wizards--although I definitely don't foresee us sweeping them. 

If the Hawks get back to playing at least at a B level, we will make it to the ECF, bruises and all.But seriously, we couldn't have asked for a better setup. With that said, we can't allow the Nets to win Game 4.

Even when we win the title, you will go "this team isnt that good", "we got lucky Curry started chocking", "easiest matchups in playoff history" etc.

Come on man, enoy the ride for a sec and hope for the best. The off season is for being about future improvements and the Hawks are on some upwards dynamics recent years. So why not just appreciate that, instead of comparing this team to the 86 celtics or showtime lakers. It isnt done yet.

It's the first round and they're shooting under 40% against a 38 win team... And they're playing worse as the series progresses.

There is nothing to enjoy.

The Nets are not a good defensive team and are not the reason we shot 36% from the field in game 3.  The Hawks are not hitting open shots anymore and when they can't hit open shots, they will struggle against bottom feeders.  If we continue to shoot below 40% from the field, we are going no where in the playoffs this year.

Peoria you are spot on with this one.

You people are so scary it's amazing. I would love to play poker with all of you panicking at the first sign of trouble. Did you really expect the Hawks to beat Brooklyn 9 straight times including last year's defeat? Statistically that was very unlikely.

I could give two craps about how Washington looked against Toronto. We aren't Toronto and are polar opposites of what they do. Their series with the Raptors has no bearing on what we will do against Washington.

If you want to worry about something worry about how Al and Millsap's injuries have effected their shooting. That's my only concern because that's what makes our offense work.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We have no one to guard Lopez

I don't think the problem is that. Everybody knows Lopez is a great offensive player. We have to abuse him when attacking, but, refs aren't helping much. That's not to say the refs are purposefully hurting the Hawks, but it's been bad.

Bottom line, WE HAVE TO MAKE SHOTS. Lopez is getting his, but that should be OK. What we can't do is having seven rotation players going 16-60 FG and 1-21 from three, most of them wide open.

Oh. And COY Bud must get a little bit more creative. If we're going to lose anyway, why not give Muscala and/or Jenkins some run?

You people are so scary it's amazing. I would love to play poker with all of you panicking at the first sign of trouble. Did you really expect the Hawks to beat Brooklyn 9 straight times including last year's defeat? Statistically that was very unlikely.

I could give two craps about how Washington looked against Toronto. We aren't Toronto and are polar opposites of what they do. Their series with the Raptors has no bearing on what we will do against Washington.

If you want to worry about something worry about how Al and Millsap's injuries have effected their shooting. That's my only concern because that's what makes our offense work.

what was  you saying again????

• Like 1

Atlanta sports fans: "Wins aren't good enough"

the reason I wasnt happy with those wins is because it foreshadows how the rest of this series will turn out, which looks very grim. These arent single elimination games, its a best out of 7 series.

The fact that the nets literally tried to give this game away with missed layups, giving up multiple offensive rebounds, and poor time mangement, yet we couldnt take advantage should tell you something about this team.

• Like 2

the reason I wasnt happy with those wins is because it foreshadows how the rest of this series will turn out, which looks very grim. These arent single elimination games, its a best out of 7 series.

The fact that the nets literally tried to give this game away with missed layups, giving up multiple offensive rebounds, and poor time mangement, yet we couldnt take advantage should tell you something about this team.

i agree the way hawks played game 1 and game 2, it worried me how it will turn out in the road game 3 and game 4...