• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MVP for series vs Wiz

Whose yours?

I'm going to Korver this time. He had a good regular season vs them and started heating up last night against the Nets.

My Dark horse is Dennis.

Edited by Spud2Nique

I think we got our chemistry back. It should be a different guy each game.

Hollins was smart though, out of all our starters you'd select DeMarre to beat you. Unfortunately he'll do just that, so pick your poison. I'm hoping for our bench to be much more consistent, too. Dennis and Shelvin's best games are ahead.

• Like 1

Im sticking with my main man Jeffrey Teague. We will win this series comfortably if he is able to match the play of John Wall and I am confident that he will do just that. Like Game 6, his contributions may not show in the points column but his defense and running of the offense will be of utmost importance.

Teague is about to step up to the challenge and show all the doubters who really runs the East the the PG position.

Wall's first with Kyrie likely coming next. They don't want it.

• Like 2

1-5 pick and pop. Al isnt shooting that mid range enough for me. Its going to be important that he shoots that shot and hit it. It will force their big man to come out. Al

• Like 2

1-5 pick and pop. Al isnt shooting that mid range enough for me. Its going to be important that he shoots that shot and hit it. It will force their big man to come out. Al

True, he seemed to have gotten in a groove last game. I'm actually glad at the short turnaround, better chance they can bottle up those 1st and 3rd quarters.

There are so many staple plays for this team, but the 1-5 PNP is arguably the measuring stick. If he's off, you can sense the entire team tighten up. If he's on, crank up the bus, it'll all be over soon. Each one a harder hit nail in the coffin.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Horford. He played great the last two games. Gortat and Nene aren't as tough as Lopez either. I'm also hoping for one big Mike Scott game. He seemed to have a couple big games against the Wizards this year if I remember correctly.

Horford. He played great the last two games. Gortat and Nene aren't as tough as Lopez either. I'm also hoping for one big Mike Scott game. He seemed to have a couple big games against the Wizards this year if I remember correctly.

Ya Scott did have his best games against Wiz. Didn't he also have that thunderous dunk at home against the Wiz?

Ya Scott did have his best games against Wiz. Didn't he also have that thunderous dunk at home against the Wiz?

It's possible.  Let's check the tape ...

dunk.gif

I'm still unsure, let's slow down that footage ...

dunk1.gif

Yep, definitely on the 'Zards.  Careful not to watch those too much.  Every time it cycles through, Brad Beal loses a quarter inch on his vert.

I have to go with Teague and Schoeder. If they manage to show down Wall, the Whizzed really don't have that much of a backup plan to create offensively...

same here, I picked them for the last series and I'm picking them again.

MVP huh?

Honestly the Hawks whole starting 5 has the advantage in my own personal opinion.

Teague vs Wall= Teague in my honest to heart opinion is far more effective in a game than wall when at his best even if wall is playing his best. Other than that wall has turned the ball over countless amount of times against the Hawks and I expect it to continue. Last wall isn't a good defender but he is ultra quick but so is Teague. Am I the only one who thinks Teague is better than wall? I don't get the wall hype...he's better but he can be neutralized

Korver vs Beal= Korver has no one to guard him! Wizards perimeter defense isn't good at all...beal hasn't been himself all year, plus his defense has never been impressive and as a team many times in this second half of the season they've been awful on the perimeter defensively to be completely honest.

Carroll vs Pierce= DMC has the toughest matchup as Pierce can still bring it but I do believe DMC can neutralize him for most if not all games and make him pay on offense...that's not to say I will be shocked if Pierce has a good series though.

Millsap vs Nene= Sap has everything he need over nene to score in the 20s every game! Sap can go around nene, space him out...hell even cross him up to get pass him to score. Defensively sap will on struggle on the low block but I still give him the advantage defensively because sap is an excellent stealer for his position. I doubt nene drops a ton of points....this matchup reminds me of hibbert trying to guard sap in last years playoffs, it simply won't work.

Horford vs gortat...this might be tough but hell gortat is no brook Lopez! Honestly if horford mid range was dropping Lopez wouldn't have even been as effective as he was but horford didn't get it going until game 6 but now that he has it going and as long as he keeps it up I don't see gortat at keeping up with horford and will either be late to close out on his shots or give up easy inside points from being away from the goal due to horford pulling him away and that puts slower nene against a crafty millsap.

So my MVP is our whole starting 5. But I think Teague or Millsap or Korver will be the offensive MVP. I respect Pierce and Gortat to a certain extinct not to get destroyed every game but the rest are toast.

Oh and FYI I respect nene too but he's too slow for sap and I just know he can't guard him unless sap tries to post him up straight up but we know saps too smart for that. Nene will be torched....sorry wizard fans.