• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Christmas Unis leaked

devilwentdown2GA

• Admin

The key was what was said...we have new uniforms coming:

As some of you may have figured out by now, four teams are missing. I’m not showing the Bucks’ or Sixers’ designs, because that would provide hints as to what those teams’ new regular season uniforms look like, and I’ve made promises not to reveal anything regarding those two teams. I haven’t made any similar promises regarding the Raptors, but I’m not going to show their Christmas uni either, just to preserve a bit of mystery.

That leaves the Hawks. They have a new regular season uni in the pipeline as well, and I haven’t seen or heard any details about it. But if their Christmas design is any indication, the standard uni is gonna give us plenty to talk about:

hawks2.png

I don’t know what to make of that pattern on the jersey and the sides of the shorts, but it sure looks, uh, interesting. As for the lime green trim on the shorts, that used to be a Hawks color. Perhaps it’s going to be again..? On the other hand, lime green doesn’t appear on any of the other Hawks merch shown in this catalog, so who knows. (And speaking of other merch in the catalog, the Clippers merch all shows that new “LAC” logo that I first reported on last month.)

Overall: Very, very nice — well done, people. And to all a good night.

They are writing about a new regular uni too

That leaves the Hawks. They have a new regular season uni in the pipeline as well, and I haven’t seen or heard any details about it. But if their Christmas design is any indication, the standard uni is gonna give us plenty to talk about:

I don’t know what to make of that pattern on the jersey and the sides of the shorts, but it sure looks, uh, interesting. As for the lime green trim on the shorts, that used to be a Hawks color. Perhaps it’s going to be again..? On the other hand, lime green doesn’t appear on any of the other Hawks merch shown in this catalog, so who knows. (And speaking of other merch in the catalog, the Clippers merch all shows that new “LAC” logo that I first reported on last month.)

Those Christmas unis might look better if you kept that same design, but had the uniform be blue. That way, the lime green in the logo would look much better.

As far as new uniforms go, maybe the team is going to make a full commitment to go back to red, and ditch the blue altogether.

Our work basketball team last year did a reversible red and black uniform, with numbers and letters trimmed in lime green. That look actually worked.

Boo at my image not showing up, I'll try it again

The_Grinch_%28That_Stole_Christmas%29.jp

I really didn't want to chime in but feel like I have to here. I have been lucky enough to have seen the jersey concepts. All I can say, especially to everyone on this board...just BE PATIENT. The new Hawks uniforms are undoubtedly the best jerseys in the NBA. Cream really throws this one concept off, but the cream color seems to be a Christmas day special thing. The patterning also doesn't come through in these pictures, but trust me when I say that they're incredible.

Koonin and the marketing guys at the Hawks got this one right. Just be patient and I can imagine the whole new slate of uniforms and designs will come out soon...I very highly doubt the Hawks wanted that coming out during a leak, and especially this Christmas day version. The new look is a grand slam and you all will agree, trust me...I can't wait to see it in person

It looks and sounds like the Hawks are just throwing this:

Oklahoma%20City%20Thunder%20short.jpg

for the shorts

and this:

1422275.jpg

For the pattern.

I guess I'll remain the "wait and see" camp but I'm not getting any originality vibes.

• Moderators

The logo on the top of the shorts is uhhh...strange. Kind of looks like the Pelican's logo:

Pelicans_Partial.jpg

Except replace the ball and Pelican's head with a flame? That can't be right, can it? Am I seeing things already? Geez, it's not even noon, I haven't had any rumple, and I'm already weirded out by the internet.

I kinda see this:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Premium Member

Yeah, I'm not really getting a huge originality vibe from this stuff, but I also don't care that much about uniforms. I know there are some people who recognize if there is a different colored trim on the jerseys, and my attention to uniform detail is nowhere close to that level.

One thing that slightly irks me about uniforms is the lack of an Atlanta presence...err hell it's not really just Atlanta but a lack of City/State presence for pretty much all teams. Is the nickname really that important? You don't see a nickname as the main way to refer to European teams (I guess some don't have them) and not likely with college teams...and hell, didn't the City of Atlanta toss in a whole heckuva lot of subsidies towards the team?

[if you want a shockjock take on this subject, then let's discuss how Hawks is short for Blackhawks and OMG so racist huh? {/sarcasm}]

Is that you, Senator Harry Reid?

• Premium Member

Honestly... Hawks would be looking better if they played with their ugly sweaters on... that uni is HORRIBLE!

As for the new regular season uni, I'll be really disappointed at Mr. Koonin if it doesn't resemble the pacman unis from the 80s. Best looking uniforms EVER!

Sometimes you wish you hadn't clicked on a thread and this is one of those times! I'm gonna keep the faith that these look better in person and that our new jerseys will be significantly nicer and will have some representation of our 2014-2015 NBA Title but as of right now I'm feeling like poking my eyes out based on those pics attached.

Thank you hawkdude for the inside info about how amazing they look. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sometimes you wish you hadn't clicked on a thread and this is one of those times! I'm gonna keep the faith that these look better in person and that our new jerseys will be significantly nicer and will have some representation of our 2014-2015 NBA Title but as of right now I'm feeling like poking my eyes out based on those pics attached.

Thank you hawkdude for the inside info about how amazing they look. 

They are like Christmas wrapping paper.  You look at them once on Christmas and throw them in the trash never to be seen again.

• Like 3