• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doing more with less

volman

I know you guys will say the opposite, but coach Bud has earned his COTY award so far. Yes, we had 4 all stars but that is only a product of our regular season. We have taken a ragtag bunch of players and one top-3 pick with no go-to superstar and a group that cannot rebound, and now made it to the ECF. I would go as far to say the 2008 team had better talent (and higher picks). Bud has had to play with an injured, tired group. Yes, injuries happen, but we have been extremely resilient in the first two series' with both of our opponents playing over their heads and abilities. I would have said in the previous 7 seasons that we needed to play our best to get to the ECF, and while we haven't, we are still here.

Anyway, off my soap box here-- but I am just amazed at all of the "deficiencies" of this team and how we have overcome all to make it to the ECF. Kudos to the coaching staff!

• Like 3

Amen to that. I think we are clicking more and learning how to run the offense, like you said, in the playoffs. A bit of an adjustment but we are 8-4.

One of the women on ESPN said we are playing .500 ball in the playoffs. Idiot.

It shows a lot about the coach, the staff, and the team's resiliency and grit. Would anyone on this board had seen any of LD's or Woody's teams coming back in Game 3 from 20+ down in the 4th? While not as talented on paper as some of the Nique teams, there is a 'want to' factor that they have that none of their predecessors had...

• Like 1

I think you guys are in under rating our player's talent, BBIQ and defensive abilities a tad bit.

Yea yo, just by looking at this roster on paper many were already predicting that they'd be able to reach where they've reached so far. Stop trying to give dumbass Bud too much credit.

The deficiencies are there, but people are starting to see the strengths outweigh them like we have all year. Even Sekou proudly admitted his error in looking at the frontcourt's size disadvantage instead of their versatility and agility advantages, and he's supposedly a follower.

• Like 2

Mike Scott, Moose, Kyle Korver (everyone screamed bloody murder when he was extended), DMC (lots of "SMH" after he signed), Thabo (same puzzled reaction to his signing), Pero (don't get me started on the hate there), and then Jeff Teague (who many on here wanted gone a few years back).

That is a rag tag group as described by this forum. The funny part is each individual signing was extremely crucified by posters on here but then expectations of ECF or bust are bestowed upon them at season's start. It's just ridiculous.

• Like 2

The deficiencies are there, but people are starting to see the strengths outweigh them like we have all year. Even Sekou proudly admitted his error in looking at the frontcourt's size disadvantage instead of their versatility and agility advantages, and he's supposedly a follower.

I also like that Hawks bigs are really versatile, can shoots 3s, Space the floor, and open up lanes for Schröder and Teague.

• Like 1

Lol, really?

Ha! Yeah I got it right after I got my Prince Albert piercing and my forked tongue body modification. Lesson learned: Don't drink an entire bottle of tequila and then bet on the special Olympics while vacationing in Mexico. Bad things will happen, mmmmkay.

• Like 2

Agree. And I said in another post learning to run the offense under the intensity of the playoffs requires a new level of competency from the team. I hope they are getting it.

They've had plenty of close games to learn that in so far ... now is time to apply it or we will be going home.  Teague looked great late in the last game like he got some confidence back and he's probably the most important part in this series coming up.  If he runs the offense the way he did at the end of game 6 we will win this series because every one starts getting into the grove when he does.  

Hawks play a lot with heart! they still find ways to win, even things aren't going in their favor.

I agree with this. Kyle Korver is a prime example. He had probably his worst offensive series ever and yet he kept getting after it on defense. Steals, blocks, rebounds, he was everywhere. One particular play Beal had a fast break dunk and Kyle had no chance in hell to stop it but he ran a full tilt sprint down the court anyways and you could see on his face he was mad he didnt catch him. Thats the kind of heart champions are made of.

• Like 1