• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man we are getting trashed

IheartVolt

NBA radio has taken this to whole new heights this weekend with their coverage of the Hawks. It has gone from uncertainty about our Hawks to blatant disrespect.

I was listening to The Bottomline yesterday with Howie and Joe just to see what the buzz is about the game.it took only about 5 mins for it to turn into a co-op bitchslap between the host's and caller alike. Same thing from other shows over the radio this weekend. It has been pretty relentless.

I have thought in the past it is pretty much just doubt when it comes to the Hawks due to past post season performances , but after the last couple days I have come to realize that the Hawks organization is despised and blatantly hated among the media. It is clear now.

Mitch Lawerence? I wanna know which Hawk member robbed this guy at gunpoint. He picked against us all year. He picked the Nets and Wiz and now he comments that we are lucky to be in our current situation. He will be shocked if we make it to game 5.

Really Mitch? Why all the disrespect?

• Like 1

Who cares what the talking heads think will happen, what they say does not impact the score.  OF course everyone is picking the Cavs, the have LEBRON JAMES.  The guy has been to the finals what 4 out of the last 5 years?  Maybe even more than that(going off of memory)?

Players make plays, commentators make comments.  I know one thing, we need to come out hot in the 3rd quarter, seems most of the playoffs we are starting the 2nd halves slowly. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

This is one of the things that makes our regular season and making the ECF even better. We have been doubted by so many of the talking heads the entire freaking time. Lets keep on proving these losers wrong.

• Like 3

Who cares? Hawks didn't reach where they are because talking heads believed so.

Obviously not you. So why bother commenting?

Who cares what the talking heads think will happen, what they say does not impact the score. OF course everyone is picking the Cavs, the have LEBRON JAMES. The guy has been to the finals what 4 out of the last 5 years? Maybe even more than that(going off of memory)?

Players make plays, commentators make comments. I know one thing, we need to come out hot in the 3rd quarter, seems most of the playoffs we are starting the 2nd halves slowly.

I do not give two shits about what the talking head nutt huggers say. My wtf moment is concerning why they think this way. It is clearly not logic. I do not care they do not pick the Hawks but when it becomes about tearing the team apart is another matter

• Like 1

Ikr
Some of the things i have seen on twitter ,and Realgm the past few days makes me want to SMH

Hawks were 3-1 against the Cavs in the regular season. But 2 of those games were fluky & LeBron missed one.

V0vktCBq_normal.jpg

The Hawks were a nice story in the regular season but it feels like they don't belong in the conference finals.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA 16 May 09:00 ET

A lot of, "THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY ANY REASONABLE PERSON COULD HAVE HAWKS WINNING MORE THAN 1 GAME" being shouted.

And all the people on Realgm make me want to turn into Joel from "The Last of us" and just 
start beating the crap out of everyone in sight!

untitled-3plzn0.gif

• Like 1

Let me make it clear that this is not your typical doubt of victory concerning the Hawks. This has become insulting toward the team and fans. It is damn classless

• Like 2

They're all really just insulting themselves. Hawks will continue to make fools out of them. And the wins are even sweeter that way ;)

This is good.  No, it's great!  Keep running down this team, it's coaches

and players.  For good measure, throw in all Hawk fans.

The lower they kick us in all their "expert" talk, the sweeter will be the

outcome if and when we win, which I fully expect,  I know that we all do.

The further they push, the harder they try to run down Atlanta, the more

our team of Hawks will want to prove them wrong.  Let's do it !!

wild.gifwild.gifwild.gif

• Like 3

I mentioned this on FB and it bears mentioning here. At this time of the season, the national folks are so used to running highlights of their chosen stars, putting it in the deep freeze, and taking their ad bonus $$$ to Cabo that they know nothing else. Them having to research on a team with no stars, much less a team in a city that most national folks have a white-hot hatred for is a double whammy. So the venom shown by a lot of these guys is very real. They're not interested in the fact that Philips have been sold out since December; all they're going to bring up are the empties in 2007 and say that the fans stink, the city is terrible, and the team should've moved to Seattle years ago.

Them's the facts; after a while, it becomes white noise to me...

• Like 1

If the Hawks switched rosters and coaches with the Knicks, they'd be all in and calling them the resurrection of the 73 Knicks. It's because this is happening in Atlanta that they bash it. NY, Philly, Boston, they all have superiority complexes. On some level they can't accept teams from cities like Atlanta succeeding. Let em hate. Like a great man once said, the South got something to say.

3 stacks!

The Hawks have had t.I., ludacris and 2 chainz perform at games this year. I say they get outkast to perform if this goes to a game 7. If Andre says no, get big boi atleast.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 4

I'm anxiously waiting for Game 1. Wednesday seems 100 years away.

Same here.. After this weekend I desperately want to win the finals. These low class bums in the media have me fired up

• Like 1